• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

benjipwns

Banned
If Andre Drummond played with a Billups-tier point guard against a team with six Kobe Bryants under the age of 21 how many NBA Finals MVPs would he win? And where would he rank among players named Andre?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kobe between the ages of 21-25 won 3 rings. Your argument is Timmy/Kobe would win 5 straight rings when Kobe/Shaq couldnt?

I'm not the one that said Kobe is better than Tim Duncan -- that was your argument. Hell, Timmy is on his way to being better than Shaq with what he and the Spurs are doing right now.

dealwithit

So you're saying that you say a whole lot of nothing? But we already knew that.

People were discussing Duncan in the top 5 and leaving Shaq out.

I gave my opinion that Shaq should be above Duncan in my book and gave a part of my reasoning. You had a seizure over this for some reason.

I didn't say nothing. I said something. Shaq > Duncan. You don't agree, apparently, and it's a big deal to you.

linsivvi

If Shaq and Kobe are both Top 5 all time, then how come they only won 3 rings together but yet Tim Duncan won 4 rings and 3 Finals MVPs eventhough he's not Top 5?

Neither of them are top 5 all time. Anyone saying that is smoking some hot shit.

Shaq is better than Duncan in his prime though, and Hakeem is better than both of them.

reilo

People were discussing Duncan in the top 5 and leaving Shaq out.

I gave my opinion that Shaq should be above Duncan in my book and gave a part of my reasoning. You had a seizure over this for some reason.

I didn't say nothing. I said something. Shaq > Duncan. You don't agree, apparently, and it's a big deal to you.

Right, your "reasoning" was limited to the years 2000-2002. We aren't discussing primes, we are discussing careers.

ESPN is so full of shit.

Hotly contested game for 48 minutes, their headline is 5pur5 "steal" game one.

Steal?!?!?!

LOL

eh, all playoff wins on the road are called "steals." I'm fine with that. It's common terminology.

Right, your "reasoning" was limited to the years 2000-2002. We aren't discussing primes, we are discussing careers.

No, it's part of it and a heavy part. Hard to me to take 2 guys who had amazing and long careers with great numbers and not give a tiebreaker to the head to head in their primes. Shaq won that.

And then you're opening up a DRob > Hakeem argument if you do what you're doing.

duxstar

Im really worried about next game if I'm the Spurs ...... I don't know why i just feel Lebron's gonna come out and just BALL out, It seems like whenever the heat lose their like "ok guys lets blow em out by 40 now"

of course that was against the Pacers, and The Bulls ..... teams not on San Antonio's level. Just don't know

I dont see the heat winnining 4 in a row like some of the heat fans think
I also don't see the spurs winning in 4 or 5 either though; I think the series goes at least 6.

Vahagn

I'm not the one that said Kobe is better than Tim Duncan -- that was your argument. Hell, Timmy is on his way to being better than Shaq with what he and the Spurs are doing right now.

dealwithit

My argument was that it's debateable and I gave my reasons why. Your response ignored all the reasons (Kobe's been the better player for the last 9 years + won more chips overall, etc.)

And said some Bizarre thing that can only make sense in your brain. If Timmy played with a Kobe-tier guard he'd win just as many chips as if Kobe played with a Timmy-tier Big for the obvious reason that your god damn riddle makes them interchangeable...if you can't see that, that's your problem.

eh, all playoff wins on the road are called "steals." I'm fine with that. It's common terminology.

5pur5 won the game.

They didn't steal shit.

BTW, does LeBron's "it ain't my fault, fellas" triple double make him invincible to disappearing in the 4th again?

Combined with Wade to go 2-6 in the 4th.

rando14

I'm the white Dy :(

iLgG5IVjHhyIe.gif

reilo

My argument was that it's debateable and I gave my reasons why. Your response ignored all the reasons (Kobe's been the better player for the last 9 years + won more chips overall, etc.)

And said some Bizarre thing that can only make sense in your brain. If Timmy played with a Kobe-tier guard he'd win just as many chips as if Kobe played with a Timmy-tier Big for the obvious reason that your god damn riddle makes them interchangeable...if you can't see that, that's your problem.

You're literally changing my argument based on your own argument/criteria -- strawmaning it all the way to the bank again. Eat all of the dicks in the world already.

Neither of them are top 5 all time. Anyone saying that is smoking some hot shit.

Shaq is better than Duncan in his prime though, and Hakeem is better than both of them.

If Tim wins this year he's above Hakeem and Shaq career wise. In terms of peak? Shaq is above both Tim and Hakeem in terms of pure domination. When I say peak, I am talking 2-3 year span for Shaq and Hakeem. What Hakeem did in his career is IMO more impressive than what Shaq did but Shaq is the most dominating force I've personally seen in the NBA.

Im really worried about next game if I'm the Spurs ...... I don't know why i just feel Lebron's gonna come out and just BALL out, It seems like whenever the heat lose their like "ok guys lets blow em out by 40 now"

of course that was against the Pacers, and The Bulls ..... teams not on San Antonio's level. Just don't know

I dont see the heat winnining 4 in a row like some of the heat fans think
I also don't see the spurs winning in 4 or 5 either though; I think the series goes at least 6.

he had a triple double tonight. he did ball

In general, I greatly prefer threes to long twos, but Bosh is such a great midrange shooter and such an average to bad three point shooter that I think he has to get closer inside.

TRUTHFACT: First and last time a player had a triple double in the finals and lost? Lebron James.

I know it's not gonna happen but...

What would happen if LeBron somehow got swept again?

After his, "I'm 50x times better nao and they can't make me do nothing I don't wanna do anymore..."

Would he have a nervous breakdown?

Schedule "The Decision Too"?

Vahagn

You're literally changing my argument based on your own argument/criteria -- strawmaning it all the way to the bank again. Eat all of the dicks in the world already.

Your exact words were "If Timmy played with a Kobe-tier guard for his entire career how many chips would he win"

How the hell am I changing your argument? You probably wanted to say something like "Timmy played with less talent and still won as many chips"...instead you said something just asinine.

reilo

His Finals appearance percentage would be worse than Kobe's Finals shooting percentage?

Your exact words were "If Timmy played with a Kobe-tier guard for his entire career how many chips would he win"

How the hell am I changing your argument? You probably wanted to say something like "Timmy played with less talent and will win as many chips"...instead you said something just asinine.

Because I'd argue that Timmy > Shaq > Kobe whereas you are arguing from the position that Shaq == Kobe > Duncan.

My god, fuck that yahoo headline

Can you imagine if it was LeBron who hit that game winner?

But because it's Tony, the headline is basically "stunning loss by the Heat"

Sigh

reilo

My god, fuck that yahoo headline

Can you imagine if it was LeBron who hit that game winner?

But because it's Tony, the headline is basically "stunning loss by the Heat"

Sigh

TBF, this is the headline on their homepage:

Good to the last drop
LeBron put up a triple-double, but Tony Parker helped the Spurs steal Game 1.

BadAss2961

After his, "I'm 50x times better nao and they can't make me do nothing I don't wanna do anymore..."

Would he have a nervous breakdown?

Schedule "The Decision Too"?
Force a trade to wherever Dwight and CP3 are going.

In general, I greatly prefer threes to long twos, but Bosh is such a great midrange shooter and such an average to bad three point shooter that I think he has to get closer inside.

shot over 50% on long 2s. Of course it's stupid to shoot 3s.

The 3s over long 2s argument is correct most of the time, but the player has to shoot an efg% from 3 > long 2 to start with.

Really have no idea what he's doing lately.

exarkun

Bosh taking that 3 was glorious. That dude is such a baby.

Anyway, its a privilege to watch Tim Duncan play basketball.

This is what alot of it is about. Just sit back and watch TD be great, Lebron do what he does, and TP orchestrate the whole thing. Shit is amazing, don't want to cheapen it.

Top Bottom