• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

I do respect my opponent. Doesn't mean Im fucking scared of them.

But your trolling is tired and probably should stay wherever its been recently.

I ain't trolling shit--it's called the truth.

I'd like to see a long series (since this is the last basketball we have till November) so I hope you guys can muster a win on Sunday.

Maybe Wade will get his special jowls inducing shot and you can get back in this series.

And to be fair, it doesn't matter if YOU are "fucking scared of them" or not, tough guy...it matters if the #MVP will have 2007 flashbacks in the 4th again like he did tonight.

At least he has his empty triple double to tuck him in at night though.

benjipwns

Banned
I meant, from 20 til they retire.
I understood your hypothetical, I'm saying Kareem over any other perimeter player but Jordan is a nobrainer to me and that I'd probably even have a hard time NOT picking Kareem over Jordan.

That first decade of Kareem solves so many problems in constructing a team, it's kinda amazing how long the Lakers squandered it. Even if Jordan is the better overall player. And I know this going in.

His last 15 years, all things considered is as good of a 15 year stretch as anyone has ever had in the NBA...except possibly Russel and those dudes in the Celtics 60's dynasty.
Well, this seems a bit much.

Kobe is literally the most irrationally hated all time great ever. top 4 in scoring all time. 5 chips (Only Russell, Kareem, or Jordan have more)

2 Finals MVP's (Only Wilt, Russell, Jordan, Magic, Duncan, Shaq have more). Most ALL NBA First teams and ALL NBA First Team Defenses.

His last 15 years, all things considered is as good of a 15 year stretch as anyone has ever had in the NBA...except possibly Russel and those dudes in the Celtics 60's dynasty.

So many of those all defense teams were not deserved. Many were simply due to his name being Kobe Bryant.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
reilo just keeps that shit going.

He was prolly giggling when he typed this up.
0111_om1g.gif

charsace

Wow that's crazy talk

Crazy talk my ass. Take a look at the stats for Lebron's 60 win teams. The 2002-03 Spurs at the time weren't better than what Lebron had on his Cavs teams.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2009.html

They made that senseless trade in the 2009-2010 season:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html

Don't look at Tony Parker as he is now and think about what he was like in 2003 when he didn't have a jumper. That 2003 title team didn't have a second option. Tony Parker in 2003 was statistically terrible in the playoffs. Parker had an 11 per and .47 ts and he was the second leading scorer that year. Mo Williams numbers in his cleveland playoff years are bad, but they are still better than what Tony did in 2003. Steve Jackson's numbers look bad too. Duncan carried that team through the playoffs. People can pretend he didn't though.

lo all these finals and playoffs clips you guys are posting has me watching other finals and playoffs clips

*watches game 7 and metta world artest dagger* :(

That first decade of Kareem solves so many problems in constructing a team, it's kinda amazing how long the Lakers squandered it.

The first year with Kareem (75-76) was rough, sure. But the next few years go:

1976-77: 53-29, the team loses in the WCF.
1977-78: Kareem misses 20 games. The team goes 45-37 and loses in the first round.
1978-79: 47-35, the team loses in the second round.
Then the next year they win the title.

Also consider that the year right before they got Kareem was a rebuilding year where the team went 30-52.

reilo

Is White DY like the Red Mamba?

I'm not sure how to process that analogy.

1977-78: Kareem misses 20 games. The team goes 45-37 and loses in the first round.

Also consider that the year right before they got Kareem was a rebuilding year where the team went 30-52.

It's not Kareem's fault he had to face Big Red.

Vahagn

MJ
Russ
KAJ
Magic
Bird
Dream
TD
Shaq
Kobe

Shaq has one more finals MVP. That's it. Less ALL NBA Selections and played on much better teams.

TD. I've explained that already. and Dream. 2 chips, 2 Finals MVP's. 1 MVP. How is that more impressive than Kobe? Only has 6 ALL NBA First Team Selections. Less PPG, Less APG, Less SPG. Less ALL NBA Defense Selections.

reilo

Shaq has one more finals MVP. That's it. Less ALL NBA Selections and played on much better teams.

TD. I've explained that already. and Dream. 2 chips, 2 Finals MVP's. 1 MVP. How is that more impressive than Kobe? Only has 6 ALL NBA First Team Selections. Less PPG, Less APG, Less SPG. Less ALL NBA Defense Selections.

Kobe is literally the most irrationally hated all time great ever.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Crazy talk my ass. Take a look at the stats for Lebron's 60 win teams. The 2002-03 Spurs at the time weren't better than what Lebron had on his Cavs teams.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2009.html

They made that senseless trade in the 2009-2010 season:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html

Don't look at Tony Parker as he is now and think about what he was like in 2003 when he didn't have a jumper. That 2003 title team didn't have a second option. Tony Parker in 2003 was statistically terrible in the playoffs. Parker had an 11 per and .47 ts and he was the second leading scorer that year. Mo Williams numbers in his cleveland playoff years are bad, but they are still better than what Tony did in 2003. Steve Jackson's numbers look bad too. Duncan carried that team through the playoffs. People can pretend he didn't though.

There team was closer to the Ben Wallace Pistons than the Cavs

TD was gonna get his but there was no one player you could shut down since the rest of the team was scoring double digits

Vahagn

I'm comparing actual facts. Those guys have higher Rpg and Bpg because they are Bigs. Kobe has a higher PPG, APG, and SPG then them.

More consistently great career. As many MVP's, More all NBA Selections Offense and Defense. More All Star Selections. More Chips.

Shaq has one more Finals MVP despite playing with Penny, Kobe, Wade, Nash, Lebron, Boston Big 3. Kobe played with Shaq, Pau. Dwight. Who's had more talent?

benjipwns

Banned

Another thing I forgot to consider that was right when the leagues got back together. There was lots of disarray among teams.
As you note there really was no second option, even the Admiral wasn't that kind of guy anymore. But they kept winning because every game one of those various guys would get hot from beyond the arc (Jackson, Kerr) or show flashes of the future (Parker, Manu) and they'd get that 15-20 they needed to compliment Duncan.

And the defense as always was stellar.

Plus some timely injuries in the playoffs.

Which is kinda similar to how those LeBron Cavs won so many games. Though Z and Mo were probably more consistent in general.

Vahagn

Cool so, no rebuttal. You can have Shaq and the Dream ahead of Kobe. But as I pointed out, it's not rooted in stats, accomplishments, accolades, or anything other than...well, let's not call it irrational hate. Let's call it love of big men

reilo

Cool so, no rebuttal. You can have Shaq and the Dream ahead of Kobe. But as I pointed out, it's not rooted in stats, accomplishments, accolades, or anything other than...well, let's not call it irrational hate. Let's call it love of big men

You are throwing a hissy fit about Kobe being named Top 10 player of all time.

All of the dicks, eat them.

I'm comparing actual facts. Those guys have higher Rpg and Bpg because they are Bigs. Kobe has a higher PPG, APG, and SPG then them.

More consistently great career. As many MVP's, More all NBA Selections Offense and Defense. More All Star Selections. More Chips.

Shaq has one more Finals MVP despite playing with Penny, Kobe, Wade, Nash, Lebron, Boston Big 3. Kobe played with Shaq, Pau. Dwight. Who's had more talent?

Dude, why do you have to "defend" Kobe's "honor" at all costs?

Seriously, who fucking cares?

You make yourself such an easy target...if I was the fan of another team, I would dismantle you with Kobe trolls.

Kobe has 2 rings as alpha. The others have quite a bit more.

Kobe has 1 MVP.

Kobe has 2 NBA finals MVPs even though he won 5 chips.

Kobe isn't the most productive scorer.

benjipwns

Banned
I don't think Kobe would ever stand up to Shaq in terms of stats, and I'm pretty sure he'd come up short against Hakeem as well.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Because anyone who watched the Dream on his run knew without a doubt he was the greatest player on the planet

Vahagn

You are throwing a hissy fit about Kobe being named Top 10 player of all time.

All of the dicks, eat them.

no...this kind of dumbass response is a hissy fit. What you do regularly.

I'm just responding with listing accomplishments. I get it, you don't wanna get into it because you've been losing arguments all night. That's cool. I understand.

But calling it a hissy fit...classic Reilo.

Kobe has 2 rings as alpha. The others have quite a bit more.

Kobe has 1 MVP.

Kobe has 2 NBA finals MVPs even though he won 5 chips.

Kobe isn't the most productive scorer.

Hakeem has 2 rings as an Alpha. Shaq has 3. That's not "quite a bit more"

They each have 1 MVP. All 3 of them.

I'm guessing you don't know much about Hakeem and Shaq's career?

Top Bottom