• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

benjipwns

Banned
Chris Bosh had 33 of his 110 playoff rebounds in two games.
Is Tony though?

CP3 on the Spurs would be just as good. They would use different sets, not so much off ball action, but Pop would figure it out.
I agree, I think Paul would be even more of a terror with the Spurs. Look at what he has done with the Hornets and Clippers for fuck sake. Did those teams even have sets or counters?

It's kind of funny to see you troll. Like watching Shaq shoot a 3 pointer with his team up 20.
Psch, I know nobody is around now. You troll with an audience.

Vahagn

Just watched Lebron's post game. He's gotten a lot better, funnier, and generally come a long way from "people gonna have to go back to their crappy ass lives tomorrow".

Definitely more likeable. He did revert back to "Check My Stats" though when someone questioned how he was gonna improve his efficiency.

Even if Heat win this series, and I think they will, they're not making the Finals next year. This team won't make 4 straight Finals...there are too many chinks in the armor and too many injury/fatigue concerns.

benjipwns

Banned
Four straight Finals, even with only one or two wins would be amazingly impressive.

Personally, I'd find that pretty close to an actual three-peat.

Tamati

Neo Member
Hey best-gaf, been lurking this thread for about 3 years now. Kinda perfect timing to have my account approved while the Finals are on. Haven't been following basketball that long but with the help of Youtube and this thread I think I've learnt a bit. Does anyone have any recommendations for basketball books? I think I've seen Bill Simmon's book being mentioned a couple of times on here before.

Vahagn

Four straight Finals, even with only one or two wins would be amazingly impressive.

Personally, I'd find that pretty close to an actual three-peat.

1 out of 4? not so much. Especially with 2 years without Rose. But 2 out of 4, I agree.

It's a moot point, they're not getting 4 in a row unless there's another injury plague in the whole EC next post season.

benjipwns

Banned
Hey best-gaf, been lurking this thread for about 3 years now. Kinda perfect timing to have my account approved while the Finals are on. Haven't been following basketball that long but with the help of Youtube and this thread I think I've learnt a bit. Does anyone have any recommendations for basketball books? I think I've seen Bill Simmon's book being mentioned a couple of times on here before.
What kind of thing are you looking for?

Basketball on Paper is of course an stats-fan essential.

When Nothing Else Matters about Jordan's Wizards days is pretty awesome.

The Last Season from Phil Jackson.

There's the two Loose Balls books. The Franchise about assembling the bad boy Pistons. The Jordan Rules.

Showtime, Seven Seconds or Less, The Show spend some time with a team or franchise.

I liked the Last Amateurs, though it's about college basketball. Adonal Foyle is involved.

Who's Better Who's Best has some nice historical stuff despite its dumb premise. FreeDarko's is kinda fun.

Blanking on some others, can't remember the titles.

Oh, "Can I Keep My Jersey" from Paul Shirley.

Vahagn

What kind of thing are you looking for?

Basketball on Paper is of course an stats-fan essential.

When Nothing Else Matters about Jordan's Wizards days is pretty awesome.

The Last Season from Phil Jackson.

There's the two Loose Balls books. The Franchise about assembling the bad boy Pistons. The Jordan Rules.

Showtime, Seven Seconds or Less, The Show spend some time with a team or franchise.

I liked the Last Amateurs, though it's about college basketball. Adonal Foyle is involved.

Who's Better Who's Best has some nice historical stuff despite its dumb premise. FreeDarko's is kinda fun.

Blanking on some others, can't remember the titles.

Oh, "Can I Keep My Jersey" from Paul Shirley.

You have read a shit-ton of basketball books lol

linsivvi

Gosh why do all the NBA threads must turn into a "Kobe vs X" argument...
Let it go already.

Because there are a couple of crazy Kobe fans here and whenever somebody brings up a great player, they feel obligated to insert Kobe into the conversation, and then dozens of people cannot resist the urge to argue with them.

It's the same damn tired argument. Every single day.

Because there are a couple of crazy Kobe fans here and whenever somebody brings up a great player, they feel obligated to insert Kobe into the conversation, and then dozens of people cannot resist the urge to argue with them.

It's the same damn tired argument. Every single day.
also the Heat lost.

Kobe fans are those christian extremists on the streets that yell at you for not believing in god.

For fuck sake, we're not sitting here talking about Melo, there's the finals going on, Lakers fans are the worst.

linsivvi

Kobe fans are those christian extremists on the streets that yell at you for not believing in god.

For fuck sake, we're not sitting here talking about Melo, there's the finals going on, Lakers fans are the worst.

Not as bad as your constant baseless accusations.

h3ro

h3ro da gawd! I'm bent!

eY8QSdD.png

Vahagn

Wah wah wah...I'm a Knick Fan, we don't have any all time greats, so I can't contribute.

Emwitus

Just watched Lebron's post game. He's gotten a lot better, funnier, and generally come a long way from "people gonna have to go back to their crappy ass lives tomorrow".

Definitely more likeable. He did revert back to "Check My Stats" though when someone questioned how he was gonna improve his efficiency.

Even if Heat win this series, and I think they will, they're not making the Finals next year. This team won't make 4 straight Finals...there are too many chinks in the armor and too many injury/fatigue concerns.

People were laughing at me when i said the rule of 3 will always apply. The team will naturally break down on it's third straight final appearance(which has already happened) and won't make it back next year.

America should be rooting for the Spurs if for no other reason because it would be amazing to watch Stern give Pop the NBA title on live tv

America should be rooting for the Spurs if for no other reason because it would be amazing to watch Stern give Pop the NBA title on live tv

it's already happened any times before?

and I am pretty sure this America you speak of is already rooting for the spurs. as far as I can tell in here we don't even need game 2!

Vahagn

You guys robbed us of 5 straight Finals and probably another chip. As much as I respect Beautiful Basketball, Pop, Timmy, etc.

It's just too difficult.

Well, I think Stern usually gives the trophy to the owner first anyway. I think it normally goes owner, coach, Finals MVP. So that would make it even better!
all I want is a good series

if sas wins game 2 it is likely done in 4 or 5 and this insufferable thread will become even worse and it won't be because of a heat loss

Fjordson

if sas wins game 2 it is likely done in 4 or 5 and this insufferable thread will become even worse and it won't be because of a heat loss
Eh, I can't imagine this going less than 6. Probably going 7.

I'm cheering for SA as hard as any actual SA fan, but I'll be shocked if Miami loses three out of the next four. Whether it's game 2 and two in SA, or all three in SA after winning game 2.

That being said, I still feel like Wade and Bosh need to be better for Miami to have a shot here. Been hearing some media people mentioning that they were both better last night, I just didn't see it. Just doesn't feel like they're affecting the game in any meaningful way. I guess Wade did have a good first half, but I'm pretty sure he only had 4 points in the second half.

As opposed to the thread being shitted up by Vag and other Lakers fans talking about Kobe? :/

Vahagn

Even when I don't mention Kobe you guys think I'm talking about Kobe

That kinda makes you lose credibility when you complain about "excessive" Kobe talk

Even when I don't mention Kobe you guys think I'm talking about Kobe

That kinda makes you lose credibility when you complain about "excessive" Kobe talk

I repeatedly tried to steer conversation to the game that happened last night and multiple posters talked about how you were easily being trolled, and you still kept responding and talking about Kobe.

Fjordson

There was one angle where I thought for sure it was a violation, but then another where it seemed like it was out of his fingertips.

Either way, not conclusive enough to overrule the original call that it was good.

Vahagn

I repeatedly tried to steer conversation to the game that happened last night and multiple posters talked about how you were easily being trolled, and you still kept responding and talking about Kobe.

Reilo probably was. But Bolton and Blackace didn't seem like they were trolling. Neither did your discussion about Shaq and all that

I go with 100 page posts and this magical Kobe discussion lasted from page 22 to 29

our three posts bitching about the hundreds are not the problem

There was one angle where I thought for sure it was a violation, but then another where it seemed like it was out of his fingertips.

Either way, not conclusive enough to overrule the original call that it was good.

That's pretty much what it came down too. It was crazy how one angle made a difference compared to others.

That's pretty much what it came down too. It was crazy how one angle made a difference compared to others.

That was seriously the longest 24 seconds ever. That play was some straight up Benny Hill shit and it's amazing how he never lost the ball and kept his pivot foot and got it up. When LeBron had him swallowed I was thinking "yess!! good defense!"

then that shot killed all my feels

Does anyone know Wade's perimeter shooting numbers from the Indina series game 1 on?

I don't remember him hitting more than 3 or 4 long 2's in the last 8 games

I'm pretty sure I've counted a total of 4

Vahagn

Does anyone know Wade's perimeter shooting numbers from the Indina series game 1 on?

I don't remember him hitting more than 3 or 4 long 2's in the last 8 games

The radio guys just asked our PA announcer if knowing that the rest of the country is annoyed with him bothers him, and his response is:

"Why would I care about what some random guy in his living room cares? At the end of the day all I am is the announcer for YOUR. MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT"

made me feel better

That was seriously the longest 24 seconds ever. That play was some straight up Benny Hill shit and it's amazing how he never lost the ball and kept his pivot foot and got it up. When LeBron had him swallowed I was thinking "yess!! good defense!"

then that shot killed all my feels

When he shot it, I thought it looked good, and the first replay they showed made me think that even more. The second had me doubting, the third had me thinking it was good. Even if the Heat win the series, that has to go down as one of the best shots in Finals history

When he shot it, I thought it looked good, and the first replay they showed made me think that even more. The second had me doubting, the third had me thinking it was good. Even if the Heat win the series, that has to go down as one of the best shots in Finals history

Well if the Heat lose game 2 you can be guaranteed that shot will be in future commercials like the Dirk fadeaway

aka if the Heat lose game 2 the series is essentially over

Top Bottom