• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Vahagn

When he shot it, I thought it looked good, and the first replay they showed made me think that even more. The second had me doubting, the third had me thinking it was good. Even if the Heat win the series, that has to go down as one of the best shots in Finals history

That was the dagger. Not the game winner. Spurs were up. If Heat win, I doubt that shot is thought of in that way.

But we'll see

Fjordson

Well if the Heat lose game 2 you can be guaranteed that shot will be in future commercials like the Dirk fadeaway

aka if the Heat lose game 2 the series is essentially over
lol, series ain't over ph33. Even if Miami loses game 2. This shit is going 7.

lol, series ain't over ph33. Even if Miami loses game 2. This shit is going 7.

Damn you Fjordson. You love to kick the Heat in the crotch but when I'm down all you do is try to prop me up so you can tear me down later!

Miami isn't winning more than 2 in San Antonio.

Fjordson

Damn you Fjordson. You love to kick the Heat in the crotch but when I'm down all you do is try to prop me up so you can tear me down later!

Miami isn't winning more than 2 in San Antonio.
:lol I'm just being honest. I will be shocked if this series goes less than 7.

Truphenom

Game 1 was pretty awesome, that spin move and that shot by Parker was sick. Can't wait to see how the heat adjust to it for game 2, it should def involve Bosh shooting closer to the rim tho.

The only thing better after a Heat game are the reactions and over reactions on gaf, but the funny stuff turned into a Kobe shit storm. I know it's already been complained about but shit that was fucking awful reading.

Crisco

Banned
Meh, Miami played pretty well, it's not like they got housed. If anything they looked fatigued in the 4th quarter. They'll win game 2.

The only thing better after a Heat game are the reactions and over reactions on gaf, but the funny stuff turned into a Kobe shit storm. I know it's already been complained about but shit that was fucking awful reading.

Almost as fucking awful as Kobe himself.

/andherewego.gif

Zoctan

What a great game. I thought Lebron had Parker dead to rights and then Parker made that incredible shot.

Hopefully there are 5 or 6 more games like that.

I'm not buying fatigue as the issue.

They had Tuesday and Wednesday off.

If fatigue is the issue then this is done in 4...

Miami just needs to execute better and not take shots where the Spurs are doing the Duncansmile.gif during the shot

Get a better look than a Bosh 3. Seriously. That gets you like a C+ shot rating in 2k, they should be going for the B+ at the minimum

Truphenom

Meh, Miami played pretty well, it's not like they got housed. If anything they looked fatigued in the 4th quarter. They'll win game 2.

Spurs shot under 42% and got out rebounded by 9, plus they missed some open looks from 3 and still won. If fatigue is the issue I'm not sure 2 days rest is enough since Miami got 2 days rest after beating the Pacers. *shrugs* can't wait to see what happens.

Not sure that either fanbase learned much from that game. I certainly didn't see enough to know which way the series will turn. Just a fun game all around, looking forward to game 2.

The Heats vicious team defense and rotations against the Spurs passing was a joy to watch.

both teams are so good at defending the pick and roll and not letting the other team have too many easy baskets, it's really going to come down to the 3 point shooters and whatever the difference in play is down the stretch between tony and lebron I think

bionic77

I'm not buying fatigue as the issue.

They had Tuesday and Wednesday off.

If fatigue is the issue then this is done in 4...

Miami just needs to execute better and not take shots where the Spurs are doing the Duncansmile.gif during the shot

Get a better look than a Bosh 3. Seriously. That gets you like a C+ shot rating in 2k, they should be going for the B+ at the minimum
Its not fatigue.

I think the Heats real problem is going to be Pop. He is just a better coach than Spoelstra (not really a diss, he is as good as anyone that has ever coached). Miami is going to need something extra or special because I get the feeling coaching wise they are always going to be a step behind. Something like LeBron, Wade and Bosh combining for 80-90 in game 2.

KingKong

Bosh is miserable, I thought not having David West on him would make him play better but he just sucks and he can't even rebound. Wade scored better but that's about all he did

DMczaf

1 down. 3 to go.

628x471.jpg

Its not fatigue.

I think the Heats real problem is going to be Pop. He is just a better coach than Spoelstra (not really a diss, he is as good as anyone that has ever coached). Miami is going to need something extra or special because I get the feeling coaching wise they are always going to be a step behind. Something like LeBron, Wade and Bosh combining for 80-90 in game 2.

Miami's problems right now really aren't coaching though (Unless Spo is telling Bosh to camp out at the line constantly)

They basically have to play as error free as possible. And too much of that happened, and that's not on coaching (not yet at least)

bionic77

Miami's problems right now really aren't coaching though (Unless Spo is telling Bosh to camp out at the line constantly)

They basically have to play as error free as possible. And too much of that happened, and that's not on coaching (not yet at least)
I think it is on coaching in part though.

A HoF coach like Pop can make half time and game time adjustments and 99.999% of the time they are the right ones. Some of what happened in the 2nd half was Miami coming back to Earth shooting the ball, but a lot of it was also the Spurs defensive adjustments.

This series reminds me of the Pacers/Heat series. For large stretches of play the Pacers would outplay the Heat but when you looked up at the scoreboard they would only be up by like 3-5 points. That is not a good sign. I felt the same way last night in the first half. The Heat were on fire and everyone was playing good and Duncan shat the bed in the first quarter, but when you looked up at the scoreboard it was closer than it had any right to be.

but thats why I said Spurs in 6. MIA played a fine game, then collapsed in the fourth. Wade/Bosh combined for 2 points in that quarter. Just out-executed.

Emwitus

Not sure that either fanbase learned much from that game. I certainly didn't see enough to know which way the series will turn. Just a fun game all around, looking forward to game 2.

The Heats vicious team defense and rotations against the Spurs passing was a joy to watch.

The spurs have gone through a more vicious defense in memphis tho...they know what to do.

The thing about the Spurs that differ from any team Miami has faced in this postseason is not only do they not turn it over, every position passes the ball very well. Parker/Green/Leonard/Splitter/Duncan can carve you up and still play relatively mistake-free ball. That eliminates the easy transition buckets the Heat are used to getting.

When you think of how many bunnies SA missed and how poor their shooting was for 3 quarters, it's amazing it was a 3 point game.

AirBrian

This thread's last 10 pages are almost as entertaining as the game last night. An hour catching up well worth the time.

All the damn Kobe talk though. We need Loki in here to give us a dissertation on just how amazing Jordan was!

Nori Chan

I'm sorry, who are you?

I can ask you the same question mr. back in my day, remember when, it used to be like, etc. etc.
You're not a young gun. You're that snot nosed kid that carries around his snotrag wherever he pitter patters crying, screaming, diaper full of a boulder sized 5 day old shit, and all anyone can do is give a nervous smile when they see you. You sure care about this dumbass standing in this thread. Not sure the last time I actually have seen you talk basketball. Instead you offer little grunt sized incomplete sentences full of 'doe' and 'dat'. Congrats, you're the smoosh parker on this current Lakers Age full of Kwame's and Sasha's.
You're right I'm sorry I haven't talked about basketball at all. I mean, my team wasn't eliminated in the first round at all. Why should I distract the whole thread about my team when there is a loser bro thread in the same page? Should I talk about how my team can improve in the finals thread? Should I make an argument that kobe is better than tim duncan so this whole thread can be derailed for 20 pages AFTER GAME 1 OF THE FINALS? Yeah, you're right lets do that. It worked out really great. It did get JT to rage quit this thread, but I don't think there's any other obnoxious spurs fan besides him except jobber. But jobber probably dies after this finals so that's good. Do you want me to respond to my predictions when no one else does. Do you want to get all syphon and me and say "Why do you think the Spurs will win in game 7, Nori Chan?" I mean it's cute that you follow around TheKad, a known kobe troll, P.I. who has to go to fucking rehab due to his gambling problem, and syphon too who does nothing but root against anyone who faces the heat in the playoffs?
kobelol" "AVATAR ME BRO" "Naw we got this bro" yes this is all basketball related and really gives great insight to the finals. good job good effort

also why am i responding to this cloving you are such a troll gosh you baited me so hard doe

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
both teams are so good at defending the pick and roll and not letting the other team have too many easy baskets, it's really going to come down to the 3 point shooters and whatever the difference in play is down the stretch between tony and lebron I think

That was the difference in the fourth and I commented on it the moment I saw it happening. The Spurs got the lead by getting some REALLY easy baskets. It could've reached double-digits had they not missed some gimmes at the rim.

I see you, Syphon.

So I expect MIA to come out with heavy LBJ post/3-point cheese in game 2. Both teams played a relatively error-free game, so I've yet to figure out if there's a cut-and-dry reason why MIA lost. Was it rebounding? Was it TP? Was it Wade/Bosh being invisible?

I see you, Syphon.

So I expect MIA to come out with heavy LBJ post/3-point cheese in game 2. Both teams played a relatively error-free game, so I've yet to figure out if there's a cut-and-dry reason why MIA lost. Was it rebounding? Was it TP? Was it Wade/Bosh being invisible?

Hasn't everyone been saying all year that the Heat are vulnerable to strong post and point guard play? And the Spurs have Timmy and TP playing at a high level. And Manu is really our back up point guard.

I see you, Syphon.

It came down to 4th quarter execution

Just like it will every game

So it was just about everything

KingKong

I see you, Syphon.

turnovers in the 4th is why they lost

I see you, Syphon.

Heat just disappeared in the 4th.

Zoctan

I see you, Syphon.

Poor 4th quarter execution + poor performances by Bosh & Wade.

Top Bottom