• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN
Kawhi Leonard is so young, he says he doesn't really remember Michael Jordan playing in the Finals. His first Finals memories are of Kobe.

I feel so old.

And this is why LeBron will be considered the GOAT in 10-15 years by many folks. Didn't watch MJ then LeBron is the greatest player you've ever seen, especially if he finishes with 3-4 rings and 5-6 MVPs.

And this is why LeBron will be considered the GOAT in 10-15 years by many folks. Didn't watch MJ then LeBron is the greatest player you've ever seen, especially if he finishes with 3-4 rings and 5-6 MVPs.

I am sure most that talk about bird here didn't watch him back then. they just understand what he did and researched.

Kawhi Leonard is so young, he says he doesn't really remember Michael Jordan playing in the Finals. His first Finals memories are of Kobe.

I feel so old.

Dude is only 21. He was ~6 last time Mike was in Chicago.

Most of the younger guys only remember Kobe Shaq and Duncan.

My android predictive text suggests 'fundamental' when I type 'Duncan'......dope.

Finally got to watch the game and yeah alot of that shit this morning was bullshit. I got the impression that miami controlled most of this game and our offense looked better than its ever looked vs Indy, outside of those blowouts.
Also, Boshs game wasn't even that bad outside of those dumb fuck 3s. His mid range was on point.

On Bron and his fourth, I think he waited a bit too late to try and impose his scoring but honestly it seemed to me that he was doing everything else. He was getting tripled at times and giving players great looks. I don't know what crack Vag and Mama are smoking but to say he was 07/11 bad is bullshit. Could have been alot better obviously but all this narrative bullshit they were spinning is pretty fucking stupid.

Spurs perimeter D is alot better than Indys but that rim protection is just as lacking as I said, compared. We were able to shoot 60 percent on drives but were able to get fewer of them because we couldn't penetrate the backcourt.

Overall it was a great game and Parker is a fucking beast.

Considering how MJ always seems to be stuck on ring count I'm thinking he's talking "Greatness". If he legitimately thinks that Kobe is the only one who could hang with him since he's played then he's as dumb as he dresses.

SUPREME1

Banned
Considering how MJ always seems to be stuck on ring count I'm thinking he's talking "Greatness". If he legitimately thinks that Kobe is the only one who could hang with him since he's played then he's as dumb as he dresses.

MJ would have LeBron's entire game figured out faster than LeBron can figure out how to stretch his headband enough to fit hit massive HGH head.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
FYI, Heat still have the amnesty available to use on Wade and Bosh.

Nori Chan

Making psuedo "lets laugh because he's gay" jokes is pretty shitty.

But he has a wife and kids so Idk what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure he's a closet nerd like us all. I wish I could be computer coder like he is. Someone hire him in 2k so he can make that game less shitty and ph33 and spank smokey across all the platforms.

Nori Chan

I talk ball more than you. The difference between you and I is I'm not trying to impress some insignificant 'age' hierarchy by communicating like Kenny Fisher in Cant Hardly Wait.

What are you babbling about? kenny fisher? can't hardly wait? what is this nonsense

And please inform us of your favorite team. You've been posting all this time and I must admit I don't really look into your posts as much as you do mine, but I have yet to see who you root for. Please don't tell me you are an emwitus tier or even a konex tier.

I talk ball more than you. The difference between you and I is I'm not trying to impress some insignificant 'age' hierarchy by communicating like little Kenny Fisher in Cant Hardly Wait.

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I can't remember the last time I saw a significant basketball post from Nori Chan over there

Nori Chan

Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I can't remember the last time I saw a significant basketball post from Nori Chan over there

What would you like to know ph33? Why I choose the spurs in 7? How the lakers can improve over the offseason? why i hate david stern? my distaste of lebron james? i am here for your answers sir

J2 Cool

That was such a dumb quote. But oddly the rest of his comments are on par (minus Pippen stopping James no problem). I think Rodman would take Bosh out of his game easy, and outrebound the hell out of him. Pippen would be hell on Wade, especially as turnover prone as he is now. That's enough to win fairly handily. And they were a very smart team. But no way Lebron would be average, because he complains about calls. That's the NBA's culture today, he still would have been the biggest, strongest player pound-for-pound of that era minus Shaq.

The bigger question would be his mental toughness vs. the Bulls, who broke the will of a lot of great teams. I have a hard time imagining any small ball team beating the 90's Bulls. Their weakness was against strong post play and great centers.

something something gon get ya

0130_dmm8.gif

J2 Cool

They're getting got next year when Rose returns.

Probably not. Bulls as good as their defense is, besides the lack of scoring balance, aren't a high IQ enough team to beat Miami (hi Boozer). They fall for the Wade pump fakes and Rose doesn't know how to handle pressure D from Lebron. Not to mention they let Bosh go off, and Chalmers always gets his big plays. Miami it just feels like owns Bulls until some lineup reshaping takes place. Spurs play them so much smarter.

:'( I feel bad I only remember the '93 Finals on. That's bizarre to think about.

Top Bottom