• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Chris Webber is a class act. LeBron is playing amazingly well and is the best player in the league. Many Lakers fans are upset that LeBron has taken Kobe's spot and won't be so willing to accet LeBron for what he is. The best player of the last 5 years.

Best player of the last three years maybe.

And nah, I'm not even mad about Bron surpassing Kobe. Mamba is 34 years old, turning 35 this summer; it had to happen eventually.

I'm just hoping that Kevin Durant can go super saiyan next season and cut LeBron in half start winning his rightful MVPs.

Just to let you know where I stand in 2014 when Bron wears the Purple and Gold. He's still second Behind co-goats Magic and Kobe.

The day Bron wears the purple and gold is the day I go full Clipper.

Chris Webber is a class act. LeBron is playing amazingly well and is the best player in the league. Many Lakers fans are upset that LeBron has taken Kobe's spot and won't be so willing to accet LeBron for what he is. The best player of the last 5 years.

Let's look at the last 5 years:

2012 - Won NBA Finals
2011- Lost NBA Finals (to Dirk and the Pips)
2010 - Lost in semi-finals to the Celtics
2009 - Lost in ECF to Magic (led by Dwight and Rafer Alston)
2008 - Lost in semi finals to the Celtics

Bonus Year:
2007 - Broom a ton

I agree. Best player of the last 5 years.

You said 3/3 in the first finals... Mj went 6/6 in the finals. Kobe was 3/3.

Did I miss something or did Jordan NOT go 3/3 in his first 3 Finals too?

Hell no. Fuck the lakers and fuck the knicks.

Edit: hope I dont get banned for cursing, cursing is ok right?

ixuZXMCEHE2Su.gif

Player A: 30,000 points and 6 chips (HE'z about winning!)

Player B: 30,000 points an; 5 chips (HE'z a poo poo head)

The only reason it was "confusing" is because they both did the same thing. That's what was being highlighted

Jordan has accomplished way more than Kobe and he's scored his 30k much more efficiently.

so what the fuck good is the 2-3-2 format if its supposed to create more travel time for the media when there is more time between games 1/2 and 4/5 than between 2/3 and 5/6?

should have started this shit on a tuesday

Vahagn

so what the fuck good is the 2-3-2 format if its supposed to create more travel time for the media when there is more time between games 1/2 and 4/5 than between 2/3 and 5/6?

should have started this shit on a tuesday

I didn't know that was the reason. Wasn't it something Red suggested in the 80's and then wanted reversed?

I don't see an issue with the 2-3-2. It's a 7 game series. The better team should win. If a team wins in 6 or less, it's the better team. And if a team wins in 7...it was supposed to be at the game 1 arena anyway.

You brought up Kobe. I asked a ? About Lebron and Melo.

Look in the mirror man, honestly

Edit: in any case Heat are still winning this series. That was about as poor as the Big 3 can really shoot, I don't see that happening for 3 more games

Um, you do realize that the 5pur5 bench shot pretty poorly yesterday, right?

Leonard and Green were clanging jumpers that will likely fall with more frequency in Sam Amtonio.

Neal with it will likely have a big game or two in SA as well.

I didn't know that was the reason. Wasn't it something Red suggested in the 80's and then wanted reversed?

I don't see an issue with the 2-3-2. It's a 7 game series. The better team should win. If a team wins in 6 or less, it's the better team. And if a team wins in 7...it was supposed to be at the game 1 arena anyway.

I don't have a problem with the format, just the timing of games

It's just dumb to have more times between these games rather than when they're switching arenas

Vahagn

Bench units usually play better at home. I get that.

But the big 3 of Miami usually play better regardless. It's not inconceivable that Miami's big 3 scores 30-40% more points than they did in game one, in 2 or 3 games and on higher efficiency.

They scored 48. They should be able to get to 70 2 or 3 times.

Didn't that come out like 7 years ago?

Apparently, I only knew about 2 and then didn't know they made more

My favorite thing to do was to make sick sweet rollercoasters...that crashed underground

...you can't wait for game two huh

I've got to listen to Colin Cowherd and Stan Van Gundy soothe me so I'm good

and good luck charm psych int is planning on upping his post count so we win game 2

They scored 48. They should be able to get to 70 2 or 3 times.

SAS' big 3 scored 54, bro.

A full 6 more points.

All that stuff will work itself out. There is a reason, beyond fatigue that the Heat Big 3 played like that and scored like that.

The big thing that will likely change is TOs.

4 per game for SAS isn't gonna hold for 7 games.

Vahagn

I'm re watching game 1 on NBA TV. I don't see a lot of hard doubles on Lebron at all.

I see the paint collapsing when he drives and someone sagging off their man to just get into his line of sight. But they're not forcing him to be a passer or anything like that

Nori Chan

Let's look at the last 5 years:

2012 - Won NBA Finals*
2011- Lost NBA Finals (to Dirk and the Pips)
2010 - Lost in semi-finals to the Celtics
2009 - Lost in ECF to Magic (led by Dwight and Rafer Alston)
2008 - Lost in semi finals to the Celtics

Bonus Year:
2007 - Broom a ton

I agree. Best player of the last 5 years.

Did I miss something or did Jordan NOT go 3/3 in his first 3 Finals too?
*Lockout year

Top Bottom