• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

You're saying Bron could a went 13/16 and he's saying a couple open 3s that were half down and bounced out could a went in with slight adjustment. Not the same dawg.
both didn't happen.

tons of what ifs, all im saying i that they don't matter. Spurs weren't the only ones that had open threes.

yours is the dumb argument. Green/Leonard shoot 50% from the corners and had wide open looks.
Battier shoots 50+ on corner threes and missed both corner threes he took.

BadAss2961

Tony is so right about Wade. Don't fall for the jumper and he doesn't know what to do afterwards; can't draw the foul. Last night he was about a foot outside of the paint when he pivoted around and pumped faked, defense didn't bite, and Wade started panicking and threw the ball away.
Makes you wonder how dumb these players are sometimes. Yeah it's different when it's you out there, but how many fans have pleaded with their teams for years not to fall for Wade's pump fakes?

Just stay on your feet with him. His jumper is mostly off.

h1nch

That clip of Parker coaching the team was awesome. Especially when you consider how green he was when he came into the league, and how much Pop used to regularly destroy him in games and practices.

Can't think of many teams that can develop/improve their players as well as the Spurs do. Maybe OKC?

both didn't happen.

tons of what ifs, all im saying i that they don't matter. Spurs weren't the only ones that had open threes.

Point is one is much more likely to happen. Shooting 81% in the Finals is pretty rare son. Good 3 point shooters hitting their season average happens more often...way more.

Both teams shot under their 3point average by 7%. It is pointless to say 'team x could a made more 3s' cause team y could too going by %s. But countering with Bron coulda got 30! Is bad way of saying that.

Gigglepoo

That clip of Parker coaching the team was awesome.

Is there footage of this?

Psychological Intellect said:
bosh is shooting 43% on threes this post season, missed all 4 threes.

From Grantland:

"During the postseason, Bosh has shot 6-of-14 on 3-pointers from the corner while shooting a much lower percentage from the wings. This basically mirrors his stats from the regular season, during which Bosh had a career-high 74 attempts. This stat no doubt found its way into San Antonio’s scouting report, and caused head coach Gregg Popovich to instruct his charges to help freely off Bosh whenever the Heat center was stationed on the wing. It’s why Tim Duncan put his entire body in front of a driving LeBron James and why Danny Green refused to rotate off Mike Miller in the corner."

h1nch

I wonder how many actual coaches in the league wouldn't even have the foresight to tell their players to not bite on Wade's pump fake during a critical timeout like that.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has learned that discussions were held to extend Ellis’ deal with the Bucks but no agreement was reached.

As part of the discussions the Bucks offered the 27-year-old guard a two-year extension through the 2015-’16 season, resulting in a total package of nearly $36 million over three years, according to a source. Ellis would have been required to opt in to get the additional two years on the deal.

That includes the opt-in first year at $11 million, with annual raises bringing the total to $11.8 million in the second year of the deal and $13 million in the final year.

The average salary in the deal would have been about $12 million.

Ellis would have received some protection against injury with a three-year deal while also having the chance to be a free agent at the age of 30. But he may be interested in testing the market now.

Yahoo Sports recently reported that Ellis plans to opt out of his contract and could be interested in the Sacramento Kings, who hired former Golden State assistant Mike Malone as their new coach after undergoing an ownership change.

Bucks offered 3 years $36 million to Monta Ellis.

So much for Monta not commanding $10 mil a year. GM gonna GM.

melo-giddy.gif

lol but to be fair who else is going to shoot, jr is worse and the role players aren't that great. Shump is improving though.

Bucks offered 3 years $36 million to Monta Ellis.

So much for Monta not commanding $10 mil a year. GM gonna GM.

What the fuck is wrong with these people. He was the 4th or 5th best player on a team that won 38 games and the GS Warriors just saw massive addition by subtraction without him even before you go into stats, what.

Mark Jackson dissed him, Skiles quit because of him, Larry Sanders almost beat him up, he finished 323rd in PPP this year, he's never played defense, what is wrong with these GMs.

people need to get on board with the VAGD meme.

anyone that responds to a vag post seriously and more than 10 words? you got VAGD.

My favorite was when he said the thread was too much like schoolyard bullying and then participated in the schoolyard-like bullying. "lol I never said I was above it myself teehee"

What the fuck is wrong with these people. He was the 4th or 5th best player on a team that won 38 games and the GS Warriors just saw massive addition by subtraction without him even before you go into stats, what.

Mark Jackson dissed him, Skiles quit because of him, Larry Sanders almost beat him up, he finished 323rd in PPP this year, he's never played defense, what is wrong with these GMs.

I told you. GMs are fucking stupid and the economic market forces team to overpay. It only takes one!

Gigglepoo

lol but to be fair who else is going to shoot, jr is worse and the role players aren't that great. Shump is improving though.

Great scorers demand double team or complex defensive switches to stymie their success. If Anthony were an efficient scorer, teams would leave themselves vulnerable in other areas in their attempt to stop him. Then he would just have to swing the ball for easy points.

But he's neither efficient nor willing to pass to the open man.

Great scorers demand double team or complex defensive switches to stymie their success. If Anthony were an efficient scorer, teams would leave themselves vulnerable in other areas in their attempt to stop him. Then he would just have to swing the ball for easy points.

But he's neither efficient nor willing to pass to the open man.

They do double and even triple team him. He does pass to the open man but is not consistent with it.

They do double and even triple team him. He does pass to the open man but is not consistent with it.
Boston hardly ever doubled him. He just chucked up shots over Bass and Green. Pacers never doubled him either.
melo just wants to chuck.

Pacers didn't do it much but Boston did indeed double him. He has to shoot anyways when the second best option is jr smith.
You could probably count on one hand the amount of times Boston doubled Melo.

Gigglepoo

And that lack of consistent passing is the problem. Players tend to zone out when they aren't getting their number called. It's Carmelo's job to ensure everyone else on the Knicks is getting good looks. It's his job to ensure that passing is infection, that everyone is willing to throw the extra pass for the best possible look.

But he doesn't. He's a selfish ballhog who would rather score 40 in a loss than 20 in a win. H rarely plays defense and thinks he's one of the NBA's elite. Every problem with Carmelo's teams revolve around his mental limitations.

If you switched Bron and Melo, The Bron led Knicks probably beat Melo's Miami huh?
Melo sucks, Syphon deal with it, hold that shit son.

He ain't that bad.

And that lack of consistent passing is the problem. Players tend to zone out when they aren't getting their number called. It's Carmelo's job to ensure everyone else on the Knicks is getting good looks. It's his job to ensure that passing is infection, that everyone is willing to throw the extra pass for the best possible look.

But he doesn't. He's a selfish ballhog who would rather score 40 in a loss than 20 in a win. H rarely plays defense and thinks he's one of the NBA's elite. Every problem with Carmelo's teams revolve around his mental limitations.

I know he doesn't play to his potential. If he wants he can pass and play defense.

And this was a perfect year to tank too, let all of their big contracts fade into nothing, let Sanders and Henson develop as a frontcourt and welcome Jabari or Wiggins as your new overlord.

Seattle is getting a team in a few years I guess.

Makes you wonder how dumb these players are sometimes. Yeah it's different when it's you out there, but how many fans have pleaded with their teams for years not to fall for Wade's pump fakes?

Most coaches are afraid of giving up the points.

EP8

Neo Member

That shit be pissing me off when they actually go for the head fake. *STAY ON YOUR F**KING FEET!!!* <---me at the tv

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jeff McDonald &#8207;@JMcDonald_SAEN
Kawhi Leonard is so young, he says he doesn't really remember Michael Jordan playing in the Finals. His first Finals memories are of Kobe.

I feel so old.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Jeff McDonald &#8207;@JMcDonald_SAEN
Kawhi Leonard is so young, he says he doesn't really remember Michael Jordan playing in the Finals. His first Finals memories are of Kobe.

I feel so old.
Hah, same here. Shaq, Kobe, Fox, Fisher, Horry and others!

Top Bottom