• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Also, that's a really smart move to say Duncan is the generations best.

You beat him, it ups your standing. You lose it doesn't look as bad.

Saying "Duncan is third behind Kobe and Shaq" just gives the Spurs more fuel, beating him doesn't mean as much, losing to him invites ideas that you're behind Kobe and Shaq.

Smart PR and mind game move.

But TD is better than Kobe

Vahagn

But TD is better than Kobe

Agree to Disagree. But it's the smart play regardless. If I was in Lebron's shoes, I would say the same thing.

No reason to preemptively give the Spurs extra bulletin board material and diminish my own accomplishments If I end up winning.

exarkun

Great article about my boy BOSH.

Gotdamn, he really does everything he can to help them win. When the Heat lose this series and they realize they need a center, fat elvis better scoop his ass up.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Agree to Disagree. But it's the smart play regardless. If I was in Lebron's shoes, I would say the same thing.

No reason to preemptively give the Spurs extra bulletin board material and diminish my own accomplishments If I end up winning.

In reality any of those 3 could rep the best of the gen status

TD gets jobbed because he is whiny and boring

TD>Kobe. Accept it bro.

Skip is yelling at me through the TV talking about "my spurs". You got Skip on your side, I feel confident.

We got game 1. Lets do this, lets go heat!!!

BadAss2961

All the "experts" picking this to be a long series. I don't think so.

Whoever wins this series will do so comfortably. Either the Spurs will school them or they won't.

exarkun

All the "experts" picking this to be a long series. I don't think so.

Whoever wins this series will do so comfortably. Either the Spurs will school them or they won't.

I kind of feel like this is true. Their styles are so different, it either works or it doesn't. The only things that could extend the series are Pop's adjustments, Wade, role players going hot or cold, if the Heat go back to sleep like against the Pacers...

hmmm maybe it could go more than 5 games.

Seeing tmac warm up on tv

tumblr_mf2bu31SgF1qhdqi3o1_400.gif

Vire

Gregg Popovich pregame, "We haven't played in a long time, so that's my biggest concern. I don't really know what to expect."

Vahagn

Pfft his stats are fairly crazy...

He's not a bust. Busts like Thabeet and Beasley don't matter. He's disappointing because it's 10 seasons in and he's still a one trick pony.

He's like a more skilled version of Die by the Pipe. It took Wade, Durant, Lebron, even Paul George less than 5 seasons to realize you need to play defense, rebound, and play-make.

Melo with all the same tools is going on 10 seasons and he's only marginally better at those categories. He's disappointing because his potential and ceiling was no lower than a Wade or a Durant or a Kobe.

Pimpwerx

Yay! Serge is finally gonna update the Heat mural on 29th street, if we win the championship. We can get Ray, Shard and Birdman on there.

6693261813_6dc5363604.jpg

PEACE.

Vahagn

man the hate is so strong in you .... its made you delusional

He's 10 seasons in and he's got nothing to show for it. One scoring title. No chips, Two 2nd round appearances, No all NBA First Team Selections. No All NBA Defense selections. No All Star MVP's, no regular season MVP's. Literally his scoring title is his only hardware of any kind

I'm a fan of Melo, always have been. But he's a guy who had the package to be a complete player, and has just refused to do so, except in temporary flashes. That's infinitely more disappointing than just being a bust right away.

Top Bottom