• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If you want to talk about frauds

Spurs were 1 phantom foul away from beating Miami in 06 >_>

If I listened to Heat-Age I'd boil Wade's prime into this:

2006 Finals, 2009 season, 2010 first round against Celtics, 2011 Finals.

Get it, your dude is injury prone and inconsistent - that doesn't change how an athletes prime is defined

If Thibs could slow down Wade in 11, and Carlisle can slow down Lebron in 11, Pop can slow down one of them with Leonard and prime TD.
06 wasn't his prime though he got alot better. Athletes primes are pretty arbitrary and there's no set way to determine them because every player ages and develops differently.

Wade's prime is from maybe late 08 till about 2011. With 09 being his peak. Wades prime was probably the shortest out of any recent superstar due to his injuries.

Glad to know that the Heat really aren't that good of a team. Though it makes all the bitching about collusion and unfairness seem kind of stupid.

Vahagn

06 wasn't his prime though he got alot better. Athletes primes are pretty arbitrary and there's no set way to determine them because every player ages and develops differently.

Wade's prime is from maybe late 08 till about 2011. With 09 being his peak. Wades prime was probably the shortest out of any recent superstar due to his injuries.

We have different definitions of Prime. A player is in their prime even if they miss 60 games due to injuries as long as they are in their athletic prime. Sure some players have longer primes and some have shorter primes, but confusing a player who's hurt or battling an injury with a player who's not in his prime is just silly.

What you defined 08-09 season till 2010-2011 season is just when Wade was healthy. When he could perform the way he could without injuries. If he missed the whole 09 season, he'd still be in his prime, he'd just be injured.

Hence why we say shit like injuries robbed Hill of his Prime years. Not Hill was in his prime in his rookie year.

We have different definitions of Prime. A player is in their prime even if they miss 60 games due to injuries as long as they are in their athletic prime. Sure some players have longer primes and some have shorter primes, but confusing a player who's hurt or battling an injury with a player who's not in his prime is just silly.

What you defined 08-09 season till 2010-2011 season is just when Wade was healthy. When he could perform the way he could without injuries. If he missed the whole 09 season, he'd still be in his prime, he'd just be injured.

Hence why we say shit like injuries robbed Hill of his Prime years. Not Hill was in his prime in his rookie year.

snack

ie2XlvbSSvYd4.gif

God damn amazing. And none of their heads/jaw lines look bigger in their current pictures!

Another thing to consider in this scenario is what the upgraded Wade/Bosh/Duncan/Manu does to the their teams and rotations. For example, Prime Duncan would play 42 minutes or so a game in the Finals and Manu would probably be around 38 or so. That would completely eliminate Bonner and probably Gary Neal from the rotation except for situational plays. So the Spurs rotation, barring foul troubles/injuries, would be something like:

Bigs: Prime TD/Splitter/Diaw
SF: Leonard/spot minutes to Green/Spot Minutes to Manu
SG: Manu (coming off the bench but getting the most minutes)/Danny Green
PG: TP/spot minutes to Manu/spot minutes to Corey Joseph/Spot minutes to Neal

linsivvi

Tmac said:
On why there’s no comparing LeBron James to Michael Jordan: “[In the 1990s,] there were grown men out there. There’s a lot of boys in our league right now.”

Tmac said:
On ill feelings toward unnamed franchises over his last few NBA seasons: “I didn’t enjoy it because a lot was taken away from me. I felt like the ability I could display, I wasn’t allowed to do that. I felt I was lied to. I don’t want to say no names. I was lied to. Things wasn’t happening the way it was told to me. I don’t have any respect for that. I know a lot of things have been said about me as an individual and as a player. But I just speak my mind. When something is told to me and it didn’t happen that way, I’m going to speak my mind. That’s just who I am. I’ve never going to shy away from that.”

Uh....

Vahagn

Larry Bird Prime 84-87 - Age 28-31
Jordan Prime 90-93 - Age 27-30
Kobe Prime 05-09 - Age 27-31
Wade Prime 09-13 - Age 27-31
Lebron Prime 2012- Age 27-

27-31 is a wing players prime historically. Unfortunately Wade's had some nagging injuries last couple of years.

That spursgif is awesome.

exarkun

Cloving, where ever you are reading this from the grave, thanks for Rollercoaster Tycoon 3!

truly bestestgaf

also, is there a fast food chain that has more MILFS in it on a saturday afternoon than chick fila?

Bro, you in Dallas right? Ever go to the one by SMU? Omg, the MILFS! I liiiive for saturday at chik fila by highland park. Gotdamn, the milfs. Only problem is their cars make me feel inadequate.

Bro, you in Dallas right? Ever go to the one by SMU? Omg, the MILFS! I liiiive for saturday at chik fila by highland park. Gotdamn, the milfs. Only problem is their cars make me feel inadequate.

Highland park is amazing for that kind of thing as well

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...ron-james-miami-heat-criticism-done-more-lost

"He's a grown man," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He doesn't need any of you to tell him anything. He knows more than all of you put together. He understands the game. If he makes a pass and you all think he should have shot it, or he shoots it and you think he should have made a pass, your opinions mean nothing to him, as they should not mean anything to him."

Somehow I have a feeling this is exactly what Pop wants

Kobe Bryant talked about playing "next year and the year after that" in a an interview on ESPN Radio.
"My goal is to win more than five," Bryant said while discussing the Spurs. "If [Tim Duncan] does win five, hopefully that pushes our organization upstairs to be even more determined and more driven to make the necessary expenses to make sure we continue the next year and the year after that." It's nice to hear that Kobe has his heart set on playing in a couple years, but there wasn't much of a doubt that Kobe would retire after his contract next year given his competitive nature. Bryant added that he's "walking somewhat like a baby giraffe" and his rehab is coming along well. The Black Mamba is still targeting the 2013-14 opener.

Let's go Spurs!

Top Bottom