• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

If the Heat were to lose this year (they won't), what do you expect in terms of changes? Do you think Riley would attempt to trade Wade?

I honestly have no idea what's going to happen. But at least a lot of the contracts come off at the same time so they won't be really stuck in salary cap hell too bad. Just depends when the guys feel like opting out, I guess.

There won't be any Heat fans left though.

Do you find it fun being a complete waste of space?

snack

There won't be any Heat fans left though.

image.php

Exokell

Banned
Ways for the heat to win tomorrow:
Put LBJ on Parker on 2nd half or even 4th quarter.
Let Ginobili shoot those horrible 3s(give him space).
Dont double Duncan, stay 1 on 1, let him score more than 30... lol he cant.
Dont leave those scrubs on 3 point line.
What you guys think? Can I be coach?

gregg-popovich-approved_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

If the Spurs slow down the game down, yeah... he can. It's just not wise to do so. He can't be the focal point of the team's offense. That happened vs. the Grizz in 2011.

Fjordson

I don't know if LBJ on Parker solves everything. Spurs run some quality sets and run Parker off a ton of screens. They'd just work until Bron got switched off.

It could help some, though. Just need to make sure Chalmers is on Green and not Kawhi. Warriors tried something similar by putting Klay on Parker and trying to hide Steph on Leonard. But Kawhi just posted his ass up until we had to switch back.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Bron would have been better served going to Chicago than Miami. Easily. I've said this ever since before "The Decision."

If he wants to win, Chicago would make the most sense.

If he wants to live the high life, Miami makes the most sense.

Bron would have been better served going to Chicago than Miami. Easily. I've said this ever since before "The Decision."

If he wants to win, Chicago would make the most sense.

If he wants to live the high life and be a bigger name, miami is the choice.

He still might play a game for Chicago before Rose does.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
He still might play a game for Chicago before Rose does.

Touche.

But even without Rose, I think Chicago would be a better fit than Miami.

Bron + Wade is just a terrible pairing. You have two of the top 5 guys in terms of career usage % in league history. Both are at their best when the offense runs through them. And Bosh is a bit too perimeter oriented and too poor a passer compared to other bigs in the league who would match up better with Lebron (like Josh Smith, Noah, either of the Gasols, KG, Duncan, or even Kevin Love, who has great outlet passing).

Bascally, Bron, Wade, and Bosh just don't complement each other that well. And having three players who are great but don't complement each other well is a waste of court/bench space and, in the case of the heat, cap space. Look at their roster from top to bottom, they're fortunate to be as stacked as they are because basically everyone outside of the big 3 is playing for far less than they could get anywhere else. Their roster should be terrible, and they're successful in spite of their lack of chemistry because of the bargains they get.

I mean, Rashard Lewis? Shane Battier? Mike Miller? Ray Allen? This heat team shouldn't be able to afford ANY of those players at market value. It should be, like, Lakers, Magic, or Kings-tier in bench quality

Lkr

do you want him to be even less productive down the stretch? parker will wear him out

Vestal

Touche.

But even without Rose, I think Chicago would be a better fit than Miami.

Bron + Wade is just a terrible pairing. You have two of the top 5 guys in terms of career usage % in league history. Both are at their best when the offense runs through them. And Bosh is a bit too perimeter oriented and too poor a passer compared to other bigs in the league who would match up better with Lebron (like Josh Smith, Noah, either of the Gasols, KG, Duncan, or even Kevin Love, who has great outlet passing).

Bascally, Bron, Wade, and Bosh just don't complement each other that well. And having three players who are great but don't complement each other well is a waste of court/bench space and, in the case of the heat, cap space. Look at their roster from top to bottom, they're fortunate to be as stacked as they are because basically everyone outside of the big 3 is playing for far less than they could get anywhere else. Their roster should be terrible, and they're successful in spite of their lack of chemistry because of the bargains they get.

I mean, Rashard Lewis? Shane Battier? Mike Miller? Ray Allen? This heat team shouldn't be able to afford ANY of those players at market value. It should be, like, Lakers, Magic, or Kings-tier in bench quality

Holy shit we are still having this discussion?!?! 3 straight NBA finals Apperance, 1 NBA title(soon to be 2 NBA titles), second longest winning streak in league history and some how its a shit team now?!?!

GTFO.

Lunchbox

Banned
Holy shit we are still having this discussion?!?! 3 straight NBA finals Apperance, 1 NBA title(soon to be 2 NBA titles), second longest winning streak in league history and some how its a shit team now?!?!

GTFO.

lot can be gained when you have pet zebras

but respect is not one of them

GTFO.

If they lose these finals then it's all fair discussion again.

GTFO.

Yep. When the Heat win this championship they'll dethrone the 2009-2010 Lakers for the weakest back to back championship in history. Not because they aren't a great team but simply due to Wade not being full strength and not having that great of a supporting cast. As of now that Kobe/Pau back to back is the weakest. I doubt they'd be able to defeat the 2011 Mavs or either of the teams in this finals.

Vahagn

Yep. When the Heat win this championship they'll dethrone the 2009-2010 Lakers for the weakest back to back championship in history. Not because they aren't a great team but simply due to Wade not being full strength and not having that great of a supporting cast. As of now that Kobe/Pau back to back is the weakest. I doubt they'd be able to defeat the 2011 Mavs or either of the teams in this finals.

You think he's Basically Monta Ellis lite...of course you'd feel this way.

Emwitus

Do you really want lebron chasing parker around all those screens for 48 mins a game? He doesn't play like derrick rose you know

I love revisionist history.

You think he's Basically Monta Ellis lite...of course you'd feel this way.

Kobe or Dwayne Wade? If you're saying Kobe then I guess you've ignored when I have said it can be argued he's a top 10 player. The Pau/Kobe championships being weak don't have anything to do with where I rank Kobe but rather the level of competition (or lack there of) as well as how poor the rest of the team was.

Vahagn

Kobe or Dwayne Wade? If you're saying Kobe then I guess you've ignored when I have said it can be argued he's a top 10 player. The Pau/Kobe championships being weak don't have anything to do with where I rank Kobe but rather the level of competition (or lack there of) as well as how poor the rest of the team was.

Monta.Ellis.Lite.

Emwitus

How were the kobe/pau back to backs weak.....exactly? Phil himself admitted those lakers teams weren't all that great but they played great defense and nothing was given to them.

Vahagn

I didn't know that I ranked Monta Ellis as a top 10 all time great.

You would if he played with prime Shaq and prime Pau though wouldn't you? I love the fact that you think 09 Kobe, Like Lebron, would average 17 a game against Dallas. (or that 09 Pau would for that matter).

Suffice it to say, you thinking 09 Lakers couldn't beat 2011 Mavs, 2012 Thunder or 2013 EC on route to a third finals means you're kinda sorta nuts.

How were the kobe/pau back to backs weak.....exactly? Phil himself admitted those lakers teams weren't all that great but they played great defense and nothing was given to them.

They were weak in comparison to the rest of the back to back champs throughout NBA history. If the Heat win this year I'd rank them as the weakest back to back squad but only due to Wade being injured and not being too deep. If they win it will be a testament to just how great and dominant LeBron has become.

Top Bottom