• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Emwitus

They were weak in comparison to the rest of the back to back champs throughout NBA history. If the Heat win this year I'd rank them as the weakest back to back squad but only due to Wade being injured and not being too deep. If they win it will be a testament to just how great and dominant LeBron has become.

They went to three straight nba finals. Lost to one of the best defensive teams in nba history and came back to beat them in 10 with a hobbled bynum and breaking down kobe. The so called weak orlando team beat Celtics(without kg) and the 60 win lebron teams. But let's look back to the previous back to back winner, kobe/shaq. They beat Nets/phili/indiana. Do you want to call those weak? Please.

The went to three straight nba finals. Lost one of the best defensive teams in nba history and came back to beat them in 10. The so called weak orlando team beat Celtics(without kg) and the 60 win lebron teams. But let's look back to the previous back to back winner, kobe/shaq. They beat Nets/phili/indiana. Do you want to call those weak? Please.

The difference between Pau/Kobe Lakers and Shaq/Kobe Lakers was Shaq. His Lakers squad was dominant because he was arguable the most dominant force in NBA history.

Also Vagh,

Would Hannity rank Obama as an all time great Pres like I do for Kobe?

Emwitus

The difference between Pau/Kobe Lakers and Shaq/Kobe Lakers was Shaq. His Lakers squad was dominant because he was arguable the most dominant force in NBA history.

Also Vagh,

So the lakers teams championships were weak because they didn't have a dominant player? Are you kidding me? And don't back track here. You said the lakers and miami teams would have the weakest back to back championships while lebron has the most dominant team in history.

Vahagn

Also Vagh,

Sigh. I'm not even gonna start with you.

Emwitus

Most dominant team in history? The Heat? Please.

Alright.

Kobe or Dwayne Wade? If you're saying Kobe then I guess you've ignored when I have said it can be argued he's a top 10 player. The Pau/Kobe championships being weak don't have anything to do with where I rank Kobe but rather the level of competition (or lack there of) as well as how poor the rest of the team was.

This is what you said smarty pants. Shaq lakers beat Philly(iverson), nets(kidd), and Indiana(oldreggie)

This is what you said smarty pants.

Yes? And I also said that the Heat will he the weakest if they win because of Wade being injured and the rest of the team not being too deep but that its a testament to how great LeBron has come. The Lakers won with more than the Heat are but neither was/is deep.

Vahagn

While I Agree that outside of Kobe the rest of the team was weak. No sure fire hall of Famers (maybe one with Pau). That team would carve up the East that Lebron has gone through and the 11 Mavs and 12 Thunder as well as be the favorites against The Spurs (they beat 08 Spurs 4-1).

I view that as a testament to Kobe's greatness but being as he's Monta Ellis light and Lebron is Jesus reincarnated...that can't be it.

Has any team ever had such an easy road to the Finals as the Heat have these past two years? Celtics breaking down, Chicago without their best player, no other team really worth a shit. I'd love to see them run the Western gauntlet.

Kobe's 08-10 Lakers at least beat some pretty good teams en route to their Finals appearances.

Duncan's Spurs in every Finals appearance beat a better team than any Miami EC opponent of the last three years.

Has any team ever had such an easy road to the Finals as the Heat have these past two years? Celtics breaking down, Chicago without their best player, no other team really worth a shit. I'd love to see them run the Western gauntlet.

Kobe's 08-10 Lakers at least beat some pretty good teams en route to their Finals appearances.

Duncan's Spurs in every Finals appearance beat a better team than any Miami EC opponent of the last three years.

No way man the Bucks this year were stronger than any team the 90s Bulls faced. This Heat team is miles ahead of any other squad put together.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Showing results 1 to 50 of 65 : Search took 0.03 seconds. Search: Keyword(s): kobe ; Posts Made By: Vahagn

MOxDYTi.png

Last four months LBJ:
bitched about Kirk Hinrich fouling him too hard
said if flopping gave him a competitive advantage, he was gunna do it
said the reason for MIA's lack of production in the fourth quarter of G1 on Thursday was cause they were tired from the Pacer series.

a champion doesnt get up on the podium and use fatigue as excuse for a loss. fuck outta here

What bitch assery. Never mind Jordan, this dude is not even cut from Kobe's cloth.

a champion doesnt get up on the podium and use fatigue as excuse for a loss. fuck outta here

Said champion also pulled himself to start the 4th, in the Finals, during a close game.

He stated he's used to getting a blow to start the 4th...

THIS IS THE FINALS, MOFO. REST IN JULY.

Jordan would never do some shit like that.

"Phil, I need some rest..."

Said champion also pulled himself to start the 4th, in the Finals, during a close game.

He stated he's used to getting a blow to start the 4th...

THIS IS THE FINALS, MOFO. REST IN JULY.

Jordan would never do some shit like that.

"Phil, I need some rest..."
we'll always have the LBJ cramp game from last years Finals as a testament to his mental fortitude.

we'll always have the LBJ cramp game from last years Finals as a testament to his mental fortitude.

Brings up a good point...

Why is there some weird obsession coin a "The _____ Game" for today's players?

Jordan played with the flu, mostly because he was borderline insane.

It's not some checkbox to show you are awesome and "about winning"...

BadAss2961

Last four months LBJ:
bitched about Kirk Hinrich fouling him too hard
said if flopping gave him a competitive advantage, he was gunna do it
said the reason for MIA's lack of production in the fourth quarter of G1 on Thursday was cause they were tired from the Pacer series.

What bitch assery. Never mind Jordan, this dude is not even cut from Kobe's cloth.
Don't forget about going along with the media in throwing his Cavs teammates under the bus. "Reminds me of my Cleveland days."

Top Bottom