• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Vahagn

Last four months LBJ:
bitched about Kirk Hinrich fouling him too hard
said if flopping gave him a competitive advantage, he was gunna do it
said the reason for MIA's lack of production in the fourth quarter of G1 on Thursday was cause they were tired from the Pacer series.

a champion doesnt get up on the podium and use fatigue as excuse for a loss. fuck outta here

What bitch assery. Never mind Jordan, this dude is not even cut from Kobe's cloth.

but Bolton said...

Btw - some R-Mean...just cuz someone might dig it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv7gfynWa1A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNNBwqzC8hk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

duxstar

No way man the Bucks this year were stronger than any team the 90s Bulls faced. This Heat team is miles ahead of any other squad put together.

I thought you were serious for like a minute and almost had my head explode.... Sad fact is a heat fan would say something like that and mean it.

exarkun

Brings up a good point...

Why is there some weird obsession coin a "The _____ Game" for today's players?

Jordan played with the flu, mostly because he was borderline insane.

It's not some checkbox to show you are awesome and "about winning"...

This is actually a great point. ESPN and whatever media is so quick to push the story line that we forget its actually kind of shitty to have a "The (whatever) Game."

Narratives really kind of suck sometimes.

Vag is really imposing his will on the thread, and is clearly at the peak of his powers. Still, he's a one-dimensional poster. Prime Cloving could dominate a thread just as well, but he could also post gifs and offer real analysis when the thread turned serious. Posters these days are soft.

You can't compare posters from 5 years ago to posters now. Prime Cloving and Prime Vag existed in two different time periods with different rules.

Suffice it to say, you thinking 09 Lakers couldn't beat 2011 Mavs, 2012 Thunder or 2013 EC on route to a third finals means you're kinda sorta nuts.

You HAVE to be trolling.

09 Lakers wouldn't even have won a ring if Yao hadn't broken his foot. The 2009 Magic were a bigger band of jabronis than the Cavs.

They played 2012 Thunder; they lost.

They played 2011 Mavs; they got curbstomped.

Unless we are pretending the Lakers were better with Ariza and Bynum-as-expensive-foulbot.

Vahagn

The game really can't come soon enough. Reading posts from clowns like vag, theignoramus, and emwitus is fucking stupefying.

I'll take bitching and whining over their brand of "basketball analysis" any day.

I'm going for your dumb team dummie.

Shadowlark's brand of basketball analysis is essentially "Lebron is so amazeballzzzzz! You know why? Cuz he's on the greatest franchise ever! Ever! Led my debate team! Come at me bro!"

Fjordson

8FEMmy4.gif

Beautiful Basketball™

Vahagn

You HAVE to be trolling.

09 Lakers wouldn't even have won a ring if Yao hadn't broken his foot. The 2009 Magic were a bigger band of jabronis than the Cavs.

They played 2012 Thunder; they lost.

They played 2011 Mavs; they got curbstomped.

Unless we are pretending the Lakers were better with Ariza and Bynum-as-expensive-foulbot.

Fuck it. Silliness like this won't usually warrant a response from me, but

You wrote "they" to suggest the 2009 Lakers played those teams. Or their equivalent. Let's illustrate, with some other examples how stupid that is.

The 2013 Spurs wouldn't make the finals in 2010 because they played the Suns and got swept.
The 2011 Mavs wouldn't make the finals in 2009 because they got knocked out 4-1 in the second round.
The 2012 Thunder wouldn't get past the first round in 2010 because they lost in the first round in 2010.

Ad infinitum.

Re: Rockets. Teams play down to their competition all the time and then blow them out in the deciding games. See games 5 and 7 of that series for evidence. Or games 6 and 7 of last years Heat/Boston. Or game 7 of this years Miami/Indiana...you have to be nothing other than a troll to not see that pattern year in and year out. You'll be the guy telling us Miami doesn't make it to the finals this year if Granger wasn't injured I bet.

And no. 2009 Lakers had Pau dominating, Kobe dominating, 65 win team that blew most the teams out, swept the Cavs and Celtics in the regular season, and went on a revenge mission to avenge the 08 finals loss, one of the most productive benches in the league.

2011 Lakers had Pau as a playoff shell of himself, Kobe on one knee, the team drained from 3 straight trips to the finals, not even coming close to cracking 60 wins, and one of the least productive benches in the league etc.

kinda like how there is a difference between 2008 Boston and 2011 Boston.

Speaking of 2008 Boston, another team that got tested to 7 games despite being the best team. I guess they never win a chip if Philly or Atlanta had 0 injuries, huh?

giri

Fuck it. Silliness like this won't usually warrant a response from me, but

You wrote "they" to suggest the 2009 Lakers played those teams. Or their equivalent. Let's illustrate, with some other examples how stupid that is.

The 2013 Spurs wouldn't make the finals in 2010 because they played the Suns and got swept.
The 2011 Mavs wouldn't make the finals in 2009 because they got knocked out 4-1 in the second round.
The 2012 Thunder wouldn't get past the first round in 2010 because they lost in the first round in 2010.

Ad infinitum.

Re: Rockets. Teams play down to their competition all the time and then blow them out in the deciding games. See games 5 and 7 of that series for evidence. Or games 6 and 7 of last years Heat/Boston. Or game 7 of this years Miami/Indiana...you have to be nothing other than a troll to not see that pattern year in and year out. You'll be the guy telling us Miami doesn't make it to the finals this year if Granger wasn't injured I bet.

And no. 2009 Lakers had Pau dominating, Kobe dominating, 65 win team that blew most the teams out, swept the Cavs and Celtics in the regular season, and went on a revenge mission to avenge the 08 finals loss.

2011 Lakers had Pau as a playoff shell of himself, Kobe on one knee, the team drained from 3 straight trips to the finals, not even coming close to cracking 60 wins, etc. kinda like the difference between 2008 Boston and 2011 Boston.

Speaking of 2008 Boston, another team that got tested to 7 games despite being the best team. I guess they never win a chip if Philly or Atlanta had 0 injuries, huh?
dig vag just VAGD himself?

Three straight nights of this thread being taken over by Vag and crybaby cohorts like TheIgnorantus...

may as well accept this as the norm

Man, that ESPN artcle about Bosh and Wade retreating to their million dollar mansions to reflect on their excuses and shitty play while playing video games was one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I've ever read. My heart bleeds for them.

Fuck the NBA for scheduling the game tonight when they could have scheduled it for Saturday. I've gotta watch the Game of Thrones finale. Here's hoping for a Miami loss and more Heat fan tears.

Relax Heat nation. Alls I did was offer a summary of the Chosen One's own words. Even the most diehard LBJ fan has to admit, words like "we were tired" should never come out of a leader's mouth during the NBA Finals.

Relax Heat nation. Alls I did was offer a summary of the Chosen One's own words. Even the most diehard LBJ fan has to admit, words like "we were tired" should never come out of a leader's mouth during the NBA Finals.
100% of your posts are bitchy and whiny in nature

I think you're the one who needs to chill with the trolling

Fjordson

Fuck the NBA for scheduling the game tonight when they could have scheduled it for Saturday. I've gotta watch the Game of Thrones finale. Here's hoping for a Miami loss and more Heat fan tears.
Didn't think about that. Mad Men is on tonight also. Shitty ass scheduling indeed.

Though HBO GO has me covered with Game of Thrones so s'all good.

PBY

Banned
Is there a game tonight?

Dunno it's Yeezy season doeeeee

Kinda bummed. Hope it doesn't get spoiled for me at the show.

Lmao @ this gif.

I really want Beautiful Basketball to go for seconds tonight, but I think Miami will play desperate and get the split. Bron will say fuck off to Bosh and Wade and go off with some help from Ray, Cole and Old Snake.

Kobe plays for the Heat?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Coincidentally, Melo said the same thing about career first round exits.

I could write a few BS paragraphs defending Melo but I am not delusional enough to think anyone would care wtf I think about this in general and especially during the NBA finals.....

You can still EAD slow though

Fjordson

Kobe plays for the Heat?
Haha. That was good, but I'm talkin' bout Miller. Every time this mother fucker shows up after getting no run for weeks he seems to do well. And he's even playing decent defense lately on top of some 3's.

Hahaha.

Glad to see my Old Snake = Mike Miller is catching on.
First saw it in here so it was probably you :lol the hair and shit reminds me of Snake every time he's playing now.

diehard

Fleer
I could write a few BS paragraphs defending Melo but I am not delusional enough to think anyone would care wtf I think about this in general and especially during the NBA finals.....

You can still EAD slow though

I'll just imagine that about 40% of your arguments would be good.

zychi

Banned
FINALLY getting around to watch Game 1. DVR didn't record it live, and was too busy watching my Blackhawks to notice. Thank Based-Pop for the internet.

Top Bottom