• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

we know what your narrative was tho. that Duncan would get owned up and have no answers on the defensive end.
My "narrative" was that Duncan would get his but not be able to contain Bosh. And that he would be a big step down from hibbert at protecting the rim.

He got his 20/14 but bosh honestly contained himself with those threes because his midrange was going strong. And yeah we shot 60% on drives which I don't think we sniffed against Indy. It looked alot easier when players were able to penetrate the perimeter.

My "narrative" was that Duncan would get his but not be able to contain Bosh. And that he would be a big step down from hibbert at protecting the rim.

He got his 20/14 but bosh honestly contained himself with those threes because his midrange was going strong. And yeah we shot 60% on drives which I don't think we sniffed against Indy. It looked alot easier when players were able to penetrate the perimeter.

Eh Timmy seemed rusty for the first half, you will notice a noticeable difference next time.

Have you looked at any analysis that takes into account the fact that Duncan was in foul trouble for the first quarter and didn't play as many minutes as Hibbert did? Honestly, its only one game.

Have you looked at any analysis that takes into account the fact that Duncan was in foul trouble for the first quarter and didn't play as many minutes as Hibbert did? Honestly, its only one game.
He played 36 minutes which is higher than his playoff average. Surely you do realize how old he is?

And yeah it is one game.

So what is the general feeling today Heat fans. Feeling good or is it poppies pants time. I feel fine, I'm confident we will win tonight as it is do or die for us. I have no fear right now, an can't wait for the game to start. Now I am sure that is the game starts to slip away on us I will freak out but I think we control this game from start to finish.

So what is the general feeling today Heat fans. Feeling good or is it poppies pants time. I feel fine, I'm confident we will win tonight as it is do or die for us. I have no fear right now, an can't wait for the game to start. Now I am sure that is the game starts to slip away on us I will freak out but I think we control this game from start to finish.
Feels like a blowout win for the heat tonight.

and NOTHING else worthwhile is on tv tonight :)

Last game was the best we've looked in a couple weeks outside of that fourth. I like out chances obviously.

This thread right now.

my god.

The sad part is no matter the outcome...it will be shit for a long time.

this is why we can't have nice things

BadAss2961

Miami has to win tonight to protect their bandwagon. It will empty if they fail.

Spurs aren't going to be content with taking just one in Miami. Pop and crew are smart enough to know that Miami's will has to broken early.

Last game was the best we've looked in a couple weeks outside of that fourth. I like out chances obviously.

I'm obviously scared as fuck but I really don't know what's going to happen. Even if we win it doesn't really mean anything. If we lose we're more than likely fucked...

Anybody here saying "this will happen, that will happen" (mostly just trolls here telling Heat fans the series is over) is just full of shit. It's all going to come down to adjustments mid game and the difference will be who plays better in the 4th, that much I expect. I will just embrace the rollercoaster we are on.

I take no stock from last game whatsoever.

exarkun

LeBatard's article was fantastic. Perspective is hard to find with the sports media these days.

Link?

Also, the Heat are gonna win tonight. The team isn't chopped liver (which actually tastes pretty good, so I don't understand why thats a bad thing but I guess it had a negative connotation once upon a time) and to treat them as such is foolish. Lebron is the greatest player on the planet, and if either Bosh or Wade show up/be aggressive then they will most likely win. Either of them showing up energizes the crowd, which in turn helps the role player play their roles...better.

I'm obviously scared as fuck but I really don't know what's going to happen. Even if we win it doesn't really mean anything. If we lose we're more than likely fucked...

Anybody here saying "this will happen, that will happen" (mostly just trolls here telling Heat fans the series is over) is just full of shit. It's all going to come down to adjustments mid game and the difference will be who plays better in the 4th, that much I expect. I will just embrace the rollercoaster we are on.

I take no stock from last game whatsoever.

I'm hoping Pop has the team prepared for a desperate Heat team. Miami knows they can't go down 2-0 with 3 games in San Antonio.

BadAss2961

LeBatard's article was fantastic. Perspective is hard to find with the sports media these days.
If it's the one i'm reading, I couldn't get past the 3rd paragraph.

Nothing to see here, no need to worry. Stop overreacting. LeBron has the confidence of Jesus Christ himself...

Clevinger

Inc Crawford

PZE6sXO_zps44103056.gif

oh fuck, I think he smiled a bit. give him a T

they aren't

I didn't mean low as in, low all together. But it's lower then last year:

UPDATE, 1:31 PM: The final numbers are in for Game 1 of the NBA Finals and it remains a loss for ABC. Running from 9 PM – 11:39 PM ET, the match-up between the San Antonio Spurs and the Miami Heat received a 5.7/18 with 14.2 million viewers watching. That’s down 17% among Adults 18-49 from the first game of last year’s NBA Final on June 12, 2012. The game was also down 12% in terms of viewers from last year. Having said that, Thursday’s game was the best ever start for a finals that ABC has had when the Spurs are playing. The Heat and the Spurs meet up for Game 2 of the NBA Finals on Sunday evening at 5 PM PT/8 PM ET on ABC.

Subitai

I want the Spurs to win today, but I think this is the game Heat role players will shoot a ridiculous percentage be the difference in getting ahead by 20 in the 3rd and so Pop will empty the bench to rest his starters.

Wow, I had never heard of the exhibit 3 notion of a contract. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2aFk9PJ19Y

If you don't want to watch the video, basically you can waive a player and not have to pay them their full contract if they have injuries that are specified in the contract. So the 6ers could give Bynum a max contract with an exhibit 3 and waive him if his knee is keeping him out of games.

In a paper that is scheduled to be published in a peer-reviewed journal and has been shared early with Grantland, Rodenberg concludes there is no evidence that Crawford’s officiating had any real negative impact on the Spurs from the 2001-02 season through last season. The conclusion mirrors the results of an earlier study by Wayne Winston, one of Rodenberg’s mentors and a former stats consultant for the Mavs. But Winston’s study only analyzed three seasons right around the ejection incident; Rodenberg’s goes back further and extends almost to the present day.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...ly-hate-tim-duncan-a-scientific-investigation

Top Bottom