• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

charsace

Magic should take Noel if they think his knee will be good in the long run. He would be great defensive 4 to pair up with win center they got in the Dwightmare trade.

diehard you saved my Shabazz post. That was based off him killing HS kids. Notice how I say he is nothing like Harden like everyone was claiming and that he has more of a sf game. And that was before people started saying it.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 22m
Becoming harder to map a scenario where UNLV's Anthony Bennett doesn't slide on board. He could leave Portland with choice at No. 10.

YesJackNicholson.gif

your move knux

your move

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why doesn't Dwight go to portland?

Hipsters might like him up there

Because there airen't that many clubs here to knock up more random 18-somethings. Although, we do have a fine fine fine selection of full-nude titty-bars, so there's plenty for him to get him into trouble.

charsace

People trying to use Howland to make excuses for Shabazz should stop. UCLA didn't grind it out last season like they usually do under Howland. The UCLA offense was more open last season so there was plenty of opportunities for Shabazz to show his slashing skills.

SamuraiX-

Q: People have been comparing you to Ray Allen. Is that a fair comparison?

Ben McLemore: I definitely think it is a great comparison. Ray’s shooting ability; we both have a great stroke and shoot the ball well and we have the athleticism, too. When Ray came in the league and when he was at Connecticut, he was very athletic. So, I definitely think it’s a great comparison.

Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/ben-mclemore-pre-draft-interview-062613.shtml#LqSQ3CeXfJFfquFU.99

lmfao

People trying to use Howland to make excuses for Shabazz should stop. UCLA didn't grind it out last season like they usually do under Howland. The UCLA offense was more open last season so there was plenty of opportunities for Shabazz to show his slashing skills.

18 and 5 on 5.6 FTA per as a true freshmen is still better than a vast majority of the scrubs available in this draft though.

charsace

The Ray Allen comparison never made any sense to me. He's not in the same stratosphere as Ray in regards to shooting off the dribble and Ray had the ball handling, slashing and passing ability to play the pg when he was young. If Mclemore was half as good as Ray coming out of college he would be the first pick in this draft no questions asked. He compares to the current old man version of Ray who could start for a team and give them 15ppg and stretch the floor.

18 and 5 on 5.6 FTA per as a true freshmen is still better than a vast majority of the scrubs available in this draft though.
He was still able to overpower guys in college. In the NBA he will see guys that are as stronge or stronger than him on a regular basis. Shabazz isn't crafty at all and lacks the ball handling and the speed and quickness needed to get to the basket consistently in the NBA. Shumpert is bigger and stronger than him, much quicker and faster than him and handles way better than him and Shumpert struggles to get to the basket at times. Right now Shabazz is an undersized 3 anyways as I can't see him guarding the 2.

Cornbread78

Boston just needs to make their move and clean house.... I want an ML Car type of season tanking.... Only this time Stern shouldn't give SA the the lottery pick. So fixed...

charsace

Yea, but he's a freshmen.

I mean the Magic were killing for Marcus Smart and dude shot 40% from the field.
Smart is overrated too. People like him for his size and because he can guard the 1 or 2 so eventually the hope is that his offensive game gets to where his defensive game is.

Shabazz just looked straight up mediocre in college.

KingGondo

Banned

I mean the Magic were killing for Marcus Smart and dude shot 40% from the field.
They might still get Smart next year.

I expect his shot to be much improved this season. And to be fair, Smart is mainly a top prospect because of his physical tools. Dude is a beast, and he does it all at a pretty high level.

A Smart-Oladipo backcourt would be sick, especially on defense.

freshman lulz, he turns 21 this november

smart is 1.5 years younger than him and had an absurdly high free throw rate on top of having awesome defensive metrics

shabazz is neo quentin richardson

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Dear Portland,

Can we give you Chandler since LMA wants to leave your raggedy ass? With Chandler, your team will be full raggedy, as opposed to 8/10ths raggedy. All we want is someone in the paint who isn't a walking vagina.

Come on, guys. What d'ya say?

smart is 1.5 years younger than him and had an absurdly high free throw rate on top of having awesome defensive metrics

Hopefully some DLC comes out sooner than later

Shabazz Muhammad: The missing years

This dude literally has a year or two of his life unaccounted for lmao

charsace

haha you found the perfect comparison. I knew there was someone in the league that Shabazz was like. QRich played PF in college and was a much better college player though and never sold himself as a 2 like Shabazz is doing.

SamuraiX-

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/27/4471364/dwight-howard-rumors-lakers-fans

SB Nation said:
According to a source, it's this (fan) intensity, this inane desire to be the best, that Howard can't live up to.

In conversations with Howard, the big man reportedly called L.A. fans "the most unappreciative group of people ever," going on to say that people in Los Angeles are "ungrateful."

Holy shit. LOL

Going all in, no lube.

But seriously, the guy is more bitchmade than I think anyone could have imagined. Why would anyone want this guy as a centerpiece of a team trying to become a contender?

on the subject of smart I think he'll fall out of the top 10 next year as ok state still won't be very good and i'm doubtful his offense will improve that much. he'll probably settle into being a 6'4 andre iguodala.

YesJackNicholson.gif

your move knux

your move

There is no god if that happens...because if we need anything it is another tweener.

fuck life

I like Shabazz more than a lot of people but Qrich is a damn good comp lol

Bread

Banned
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/27/4471364/dwight-howard-rumors-lakers-fans

Holy shit. LOL

Going all in, no lube.

But seriously, the guy is more bitchmade than I think anyone could have imagined. Why would anyone want this guy as a centerpiece of a team trying to become a contender?
BAHAHAHAHAHA take that lakersgaf!

you guys should have realized what you had in howard, someone like him only comes around once a decade. he's a first optio--ehhh--a natural born leade---ehhh--he's got a great smile.

diehard

Fleer
#Stay

diehard you saved my Shabazz post. That was based off him killing HS kids. Notice how I say he is nothing like Harden like everyone was claiming and that he has more of a sf game. And that was before people started saying it.

everyone said something about Shabazz, almost all those posts were before he played college ball. I still thought it was kinda funny.

cashman

Banned
Not only is his name awesome, when he came back last year he managed to make Texas look somewhat non-horrible. He must be pretty fucking good.

He has no shot though and his finishing isn't the best. He would have really benefited from a full season last year.

Howard would be loved by the people in Dallas since the only center we could compare him to would be Dampier and Tyson Chandler. He will go down as the greatest center ever for this franchise as soon as signs.

Branduil

Howard would be loved by the people in Dallas since the only center we could compare him to would be Dampier and Tyson Chandler. He will go down as the greatest center ever for this franchise as soon as signs.

Multiple Sources says Dwight likes Dallas because he'd get to be the man LOL.

KingGondo

Banned
on the subject of smart I think he'll fall out of the top 10 next year as ok state still won't be very good and i'm doubtful his offense will improve that much. he'll probably settle into being a 6'4 andre iguodala.
I actually have a lot of confidence Smart's stock won't drop much. Sure, he won't go as high as he would've this year, but falling out of the top 10 is a big stretch IMO barring injury.

As for my Pokes... Yeah. As long as Travis Ford is coach I don't have much confidence we'll return to being a power program. We do have some nice returning and incoming talent though. Before Wiggins committed to KU we were clear favorites to win the conference.

Top Bottom