• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Knicks have really one option at this point: Draft SG Jamaal Franklin or trade out of the 1st round. Bigs aren't too hard to find, and I don't like the SFs around the 20s (Karasev?). Better off getting a 2nd and letting Grunwald bargin basement shop for guys like Cope/Prigs/etc.

normally i would disagree with you but if the draft express draft happens then yeah trade the pick for a decent piece and/or a future 1st. I would prefer a first in next years draft which everyone says is stacked (though they always say these things are stacked "next year")

Eh, if we can keep all of our recent picks plus the Pistons pick and add Aldridge I'd be ecstatic. Giving up a number 3 or 4 pick and a decent role player would be a great trade. It should be noted though that I'd only do this trade if MKG keeps improving and we get a healthy Noel that shows he can play.

I.e. Our high lotto picks pan out and we cash in our extra chips to become contenders.

Maybe, depends on if you'd prefer a young Randle or Jabari over a 28 year old Aldridge. I think you take the pick personally. And assuming you get Noel at this point probably isn't wise.

Kemba
McLemore
MKG
Randle
Biyombo/Scrubs

With virtually the whole cap to use is a pretty good situation moving forward so long as Ben doesn't bust.

Wolves will apparently go after OJ Mayo this summer. Fire Flip.

Honestly with your cap situation (assuming you extend the big boy down low) you'll be hard pressed to find better upside/talent than Mayo at his salary. Just don't give him a long term contract.

Excited to see the Wolves healthy next year.

Does Mayo have any upside? He's just a shooter.

Why is Chad Ford hyping up Dario Saric? 37/30/50 percentages with more turnovers than assists and no defense. Europe's harder to play in than college basketball, but he was abysmal and hit three cars while driving drunk early in the year as well...

afflalo would fit very well on the wolves and he could maybe remember how to defend again since he doesn't have to take 15 shots a game anymore

brandon roy's corpse + a pick ought to do it

Does Mayo have any upside? He's just a shooter.

Why is Chad Ford hyping up Dario Saric? 37/30/50 percentages with more turnovers than assists and no defense. Europe's harder to play in than college basketball, but he was abysmal and hit three cars while driving drunk early in the year as well...

I think there's some upside there. DRTG is definitely going to be sketchy when you're talking about him coming off the bench for a team that's as strong defensively as Memphis, but he showed a nice rating of 103 last year.

If he can show that ability to fit into a scheme defensively while continuing to be a career .38% shooter from three then thats something that can help almost any team.

Chad Ford is a bum

Maybe, depends on if you'd prefer a young Randle or Jabari over a 28 year old Aldridge. I think you take the pick personally. And assuming you get Noel at this point probably isn't wise.

Kemba
McLemore
MKG
Randle
Biyombo/Scrubs

With virtually the whole cap to use is a pretty good situation moving forward so long as Ben doesn't bust.

If I thought we could bring in a marquee UFA I'd be all for not giving up picks/players in a trade, but given who we are right now it just doesn't seem realistic. With regards to Noel I'm not assuming anything, just thinking a few years down the line and exploring different scenarios. It's a fun distraction from work.

linsivvi

tumblr_mciwmbsnhS1rdh9azo1_500.jpg

Yo IWMTB,

Have you watched CJ McCollum at all? If so do you think he can transition into a good NBA player?

I haven't watched much of him at all. I don't like what I saw (seemed like a pretty meh gunner guard off the bench who isn't smart, big, or athletic enough to start in the NBA), but I really haven't seen that much of him. I think Red Blaster watched him a good bit so he'll have a more accurate take.

Talon

Local media is so hilariously stupid. "WILL SVG FIT THE ROSTER?" Bitch, there is no roster! That's the point!

We have three players signed with guaranteed contracts.

cj mccollum plays like a poor man's steph curry though he's much more of a tweener overall. I think he could be okay as a lou williams/george hill type of guy but he's a pretty poor value in the lottery when someone like erick green will be available much later

so we have a new GM..

yay?

If the Rockets didn't get gifted Harden, would Morey be a genius? I remember all the Wizard jokes.

whatever...no GM could make our shit better or worse so there is that. I guess.

All of these "Len should go over Noel" articles are bizarre. Noel has serious concerns, but Len sucks and you never take a low IQ, low motor center over a high IQ, high motor center in today's NBA if they're physically comparable (and Noel crushes Len there as well).

Not sure what Alex Len does better than Meyers Leonard.

I think Len has the potential to become Hibbert but Hibbz took 4 years of college and wasn't good until his 4th year in the NBA.

In comparison Len probably won't develop at all in his rookie year due to injury and is coming out as a soph. Taking 5 to 6 seasons to become Hibbert tier sounds about right and that sort of long term investment is pretty insane considering the fact that he could flat out bust and is going to be a top 10 pick.

REALGM said:
The Maloofs have informed their fellow NBA owners that they will not sell to a group of owners that intend on keeping the Kings in Sacramento if the Board of Governors rejects their proposed sale to Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer's group from Seattle

The Maloofs have made a "backup" agreement with the Hansen-Ballmer group to sell it 20 percent of the team for $125 million to allow the Maloofs to continue to operate the franchise.

Sources said that new proposal also included a $115 million offer to owners as a relocation fee, amounting to approximately $4 million per team.

The NBA relocation committee is planning to re-evaluate the Hansen-Ballmer offer and has scheduled another meeting ahead of next Tuesday's full owners meeting in Dallas, sources said.

In the last three months, the NBA has negotiated its own backup plan for the Kings with a group led by Silicon Valley billionaire Vivek Ranadive.

Several ownership sources told ESPN.com that there was some concern that Ranadive and the city of Sacramento could close and execute the deal for the new arena.
sheeeit

cacophony

Insider from Rockets forum:
A sit down meal with Harden and Parsons is in the works... [with Dwight]

Chandler about to put his charm on Dwight

Talon

I think Len has the potential to become Hibbert but Hibbz took 4 years of college and wasn't good until his 4th year in the NBA.

In comparison Len probably won't develop at all in his rookie year due to injury and is coming out as a soph. Taking 5 to 6 seasons to become Hibbert tier sounds about right and that sort of long term investment is pretty insane considering the fact that he could flat out bust and is going to be a top 10 pick.
Len has the court awareness of a 10-year-old. It was painful to watch him play and then hack his way out against UNC.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Why?

They really can't be any worse than the last lot of professional designs the Mavs have had over the last 5 - 6 years.

Because it's an insult to the professional design industry to inquire free designs from people. Anyone that contributes to this in a non-jest manner is a dumbass.

It's the same thing as companies asking an agency or an industry professional to provide them with a free comp, brand, or programming work for the off-chance that they'll like it enough to then award them a contract. It's not about the quality of design, it's about paying people for their work.

giri

Because it's an insult to the professional design industry to inquire free designs from people. Anyone that contributes to this in a non-jest manner is a dumbass.

It's the same thing as companies asking an agency or an industry professional to provide them with a free comp, brand, or programming work for the off-chance that they'll like it enough to then award them a contract. It's not about the quality of design, it's about paying people for their work.

They have been paying.

And it's been shit.

So if a fan wants to go out of their way to come up with a better design, then fuckn go for it.

They didn't go to design companies and solicit it implicitly. Which i would have a problem with. But putting it out there for the fans? no probs.

After all, its the fans and everyone else that are so quick to criticise.

Wiz requesting interviews with Porter and Len so far.

We have no shot at Porter and I'm really annoyed about us seriously considering Len.

I just want someone who was hyperefficient and can play the position--Oladipo, Olynyk and to a lesser extent Zeller.

i feel that kentavious caldwell-pope is rather underrated in this draft. can get his own shot, high TS%, plays D and rebounds well for a 2 guard. bad shot selection is a blemish but he had to carry the load on a horrible georgia team, i guess how he doesn't attack the rim even though he's athletic is kind of annoying but he does plenty of other things well enough to offset the weaknesses

he's far away a better prospect than wesley mclemore

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
They have been paying.

And it's been shit.

So if a fan wants to go out of their way to come up with a better design, then fuckn go for it.

They didn't go to design companies and solicit it implicitly. Which i would have a problem with. But putting it out there for the fans? no probs.

After all, its the fans and everyone else that are so quick to criticise.

If a fan does a good job, they should be compensated for it. In fact, every fan that does a submission should be compensated for their work. HENCE:

reilo said:
It's not about the quality of design, it's about paying people for their work.

i feel that kentavious caldwell-pope is rather underrated in this draft. can get his own shot, high TS%, plays D and rebounds well for a 2 guard. bad shot selection is a blemish but he had to carry the load on a horrible georgia team, i guess how he doesn't attack the rim even though he's athletic is kind of annoying but he does plenty of other things well enough to offset the weaknesses

he's far away a better prospect than wesley mclemore

short arms tho and he's pretty bad once he gets to the rim. Swagless Nick Young.

giri

Wiz requesting interviews with Porter and Len so far.

We have no shot at Porter and I'm really annoyed about us seriously considering Len.

I just want someone who was hyperefficient and can play the position--Oladipo, Olynyk and to a lesser extent Zeller.

You REALLY don't want porter.

He's REALLY bad at developing talent.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Knicks have really one option at this point: Draft SG Jamaal Franklin or trade out of the 1st round. Bigs aren't too hard to find, and I don't like the SFs around the 20s (Karasev?). Better off getting a 2nd and letting Grunwald bargin basement shop for guys like Cope/Prigs/etc.

Bigs aren't hard to find? Right...

Top Bottom