• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Derwind

haha

tumblr_m6lkgdACbj1r0y680o1_400.gif

Indecision 2013.

edit: Read speculation reported as news, sorry.
fuck, I hope they still I really don't want a shooter of Korver's caliber on any semi contending team in the East. The Heat's path to the Finals 2014 is getting harder everyday!

The Knicked just added a scoring big man FFS

Didn't Carmelo Anthony want another scorer?
Well he got his wish..

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...lo-anthony-wants-knicks-to-add-another-scorer
Melo turned 29 today, I did not know that.

Harden-parsons-smith-howard?

gad damn!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
FUCK THE KNICKS!!!!!

.... This is the TMac deal all the fuck over again.... Injured fell off (never was on) player signed for cap space so they can try to convince a FA to come to NY with the promise of Melo and another max contract once Amare, chandler, and Tyson comes off.... Let's see if they pay enough attention to not trade the whole roster this time when acquiring those FA.

Who the fuck did the rockets draft with that T-Mac pick?

If they can get idk a kyrie and a love or Aldridge and actually keep some depth... This deal won't be seen as fucking horrible as it is now.

I just...Bargnani?

Really?

The past season was simply too good for it to be sustained. The front office, the league, the CBA, and the FA market had to remind the fans that it's still the fucking Knicks. We aren't allowed to be good. We aren't allowed to be legit contenders. We just can't be happy.

Andrea fucking Bargnani.

thekad

Banned
I just...Bargnani?

Really?

The past season was simply too good for it to be sustained. The front office, the league, the CBA, and the FA market had to remind the fans that it's still the fucking Knicks. We aren't allowed to be good. We aren't allowed to be legit contenders. We just can't be happy.

Andrea fucking Bargnani.

Aw damn now I feel bad.

Jk fuck da Knicks

I just...Bargnani?

Really?

Andrea fucking Bargnani.

If it makes you feel any better the Raptors have been terrible for their entire 18 year existence, except for a few short lived first round visits.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol if we get Howard and the Lakers get...

" Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan
Lakers interested in Carlos Delfino, small forward w/ range. They had, um, not a lot of range last season. Will he sign for mini mid-level?"

I hope the Rockets bring back Garcia somehow. He was great for us esp in the playoffs.

exarkun

First off: Im sorry my Knicks brothas. You've been nothing but nice to rox-age, mostly because we've shared losing as a pastime for the longest while.

Second, no one is maxing Al. Cmon, son. Cho isn't that dumb.

Finally, Calderon-Harden-Parsons-Smith-Dwight is giving me boners. I can't let my mom see my like this. Gotta fap to more twitter posts!

Vahagn

Bargnani lulz.

And as for the Simmons/Doc deal, Simmons is being completely unprofessional here. He's a "journalist" being a homer. What he should have said is Danny Ainge quit on his team if he wanted to be honest.

There's no reason, none whatsoever to pay Doc 21 million over 3 years to coach a team in tank mode. Doc didn't take money and not work, he didn't ask for any of that 21 million. He, PP, and KG clearly didn't want to rebuild and Ainge did good by them by trading them to contenders. That's an awesome move of friendship.

Doc isn't blameless but this is silly. FFS, Riley, Phil and lots of other coaches don't stick around for rebuilding seasons. Ruin your career win loss record for what? He's paid his dues no reason to go back to square one.

That's like Bill Simmons being called a quitter because he doesn't want to go back to square one writing 4 columns a week and giving up everything else.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
First off: Im sorry my Knicks brothas. You've been nothing but nice to rox-age, mostly because we've shared losing as a pastime for the longest while.

Second, no one is maxing Al. Cmon, son. Cho isn't that dumb.

Finally, Calderon-Harden-Parsons-Smith-Dwight is giving me boners. I can't let my mom see my like this. Gotta fap to more twitter posts!

The guy who tweeted the Smith stuff is not credible at all.

Whoa Knicks-age treats me like shit :)

I just...Bargnani?

Really?

Andrea fucking Bargnani.

I do feel bad for you

Hunter though....LOOOOOOOOOOOL

raps realgm is a gold mine. some fans have no hope.

I can already see it.

''Raptors major tank job is ruined after a back to back vs the Knicks in the final weekend of the regular season goes wrong and Raptors win 2 games in a row off back to back 0-20 shooting nights and 10 turnovers from Andrea Bargnani of the New York Knicks. Raptors end up with the 3rd worse record. Fall out of the top 3 at the lottery and New York falling out of the playoff race off those 2 games against the Raptors, WIN the lottery and will select Andrew Wiggins!''

Bargs screwing us some more.

exarkun

The guy who tweeted the Smith stuff is not credible at all.

Whoa Knicks-age treats me like shit :)

Damn, and I was getting so hyped. I'm sorry Matrix, I'll punch frankman for you.

Masai is already fucking gm/exec of the year. No one else is gonna be able to touch that, unless Morey puts together a championship squad. Hes a good looking bro on top of that, I wonder if hes gonna go to bars and use "I just set the Knicks back another FIVE to TEN years all by myself" line with the ladies. Or maybe being the Raptor's GM would be enough.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Says one rival GM with interest in one of this summer's most coveted shooters: "Hearing Korver to Brooklyn is in the bag"
No fucking way.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
This is the T-Mac deal. 2015 50 million is availavle in addition to Melo's salary. All key role players should be retainable due to full &partial bird rights (shump, hardaway (possibly) JR, Felton)

What did camby do last year?
What did Novak do last year?

Yeah bargain suck and that first for him is wtf (seriously who did rockets draft with the pick from T-Mac trade? Was it royce white? but if 2015 FA is their goal this contract allows them to offer two max contracts. Yeah this sucks but at least its not as bad as the Bynum Deal.....

damn prokorov doesnt give a fuck

This is the T-Mac deal. 2015 50 million is availavle in addition to Melo's salary. All key role players should be retainable due to full &partial bird rights (shump, hardaway (possibly) JR, Felton)

Yeah bargain suck and that first for him is wtf (seriously who did rockets draft with the pick from T-Mac trade? Was it royce white? but if 2015 FA is their goal this contract allows them to offer two max contracts. Yeah this sucks but at least its not as bad as the Bynum Deal.....

its really the picks. camby and novak for bargnani was fine but then there were 3 picks involved, one of them a first. none of the knicks writers are happy about this deal at all

To be fair look at Toronto franchises..Leafs up 3 with like 4 minutes left and lose in game 7 (this was funny), The jays lose today to the Red Sox on a walk off error.. (just an example of an average jays game)

Leafs were on their way to being bad enough to have a shot at drafting Stamkos and then they trade for a seemingly washed up goalie who takes them on a winning streak to finish out of the playoffs and out of the good draft picks :(

Even if we can offer 2 max contracts, are we going to be able to keep Melo, who will probably opt out or insinuate he is to make sure he gets paid/eats into our ability to offer 2 max contracts? Even if we can offer 2 max contracts, are we going to be able to lure max players who are truly, truly worth it, or are we going to have to settle for consolation prizes like we did the last time?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

The Lakers have inquired about L.A. native Nick Young, according to agent Mark Bartelstein. They had interest in Young last summer as well

Derwind

To be fair look at Toronto franchises..Leafs up 3 with like 4 minutes left and lose in game 7 (this was funny), The jays lose today to the Red Sox on a walk off error.. (just an example of an average jays game)

We're coming back with a vengeance next year, young squad + post season experience.

The jays are the jays.

Top Bottom