• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Also there was speculation that Humphries might end up with the Bobcats.

Ben Gordon/Hump was a possible deal heading into the deadline a few months ago. Seems to be dead now.

Wouldn't mind if it happened now though. Gordon already picked up his option. He's an expiring at this point. I think Diop is too.

Maybe one day we'll amnesty Tyrus...

Also there was speculation that Humphries might end up with the Bobcats.

The franchise is terrible at making trades and their drafting has been suspect as well. That's why they'll always be a garbage team. Fans are getting really pissed off around here and I honestly believe that the only way the franchise can be saved is if they land Wiggins. At least the shitty Panthers have Cam Newton and the towel over his head to market to people.

masud

Banned
You're nuts. Brooklyn got rid of Gerald's terrible deal. Pierce and KG expire next summer. Bargnani is a net negative while Pierce and KG needed a trade like this to light a fire under their ass.

Pierce is done. Dude got shut down for an entire playoff series by Raymond Felton. KG if he manages to stay healthy will be solid next year, but not solid enough to get past Miami. And if they're not winning a title next season why did they give up Brooks and 3 first round picks? It was clearly worse.

DY_nasty

Pierce is done. Dude got shut down for an entire playoff series by Raymond Felton. KG if he manages to stay healthy will be solid next year, but not solid enough to get past Miami. And if they're not winning a title next season why did they give up Brooks and 3 first round picks? It was clearly worse.
Picks clearly don't mean shit to them.

I mean fuck... this dude is about to pay 15 million of luxury tax for Kyle Korver

This is MLB balling on steroids

jbug617

Banned

To be fair to Pierce, he had to carry the C's when Rondo went down. He ran out of gas. Hopefully Brooklyn can manage his minutes.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Oh Knicks-age, this is why I troll thee. Thinking giving up a first round pick (unprotected!!!) for Bargnani was better than trading for KG and Pierce.

Keep on trucking.

exarkun

You guys why can't next season just start now

I am salivating at the prospect of watching an Ellis-JR-Melo-Stoudemire-Bargnani lineup

Remember tho, Woodson isn't a shite coach. He'll get something out of them. Whatever it is, it'll prolly be more sad than funny because they'll be trying so hard.

Dallas has been talking to Pekovic. If they can sign him his contract will be more valuable to them than Dwight Howard. He's productive and they can probably get him for relatively cheap.

Remember tho, Woodson isn't a shite coach. He'll get something out of them. Whatever it is, it'll prolly be more sad than funny because they'll be trying so hard.

I think we'll get lots of this

woodson-stare.gif

Reports saying LA has a few 'surprises' for Dwight lined up for their meeting.

Unless they're gonna have his bastard kids and baby mamas offed in a Godfather esqe montage during their talk, he gone.

It's probably gonna be Magic, Kareem and maybe Shaq...and Nick Young Delfino etc signings. We're gonna end up with a 9th seed roster if Dwight leaves =[

Unless they're gonna have his bastard kids and baby mamas offed in a Godfather esqe montage during their talk, he gone.

It's probably gonna be Magic, Kareem and maybe Shaq...and Nick Young Delfino etc signings. We're gonna end up with a 9th seed roster if Dwight leaves =[
Told u so

i think its mike d that dwight might leave.wonder if nash retires.

masud

Banned
Oh Knicks-age, this is why I troll thee. Thinking giving up a first round pick (unprotected!!!) for Bargnani was better than trading for KG and Pierce.

Keep on trucking.

It doent matter if the Knicks pick was unprotected, if the Knicks got a good pick Denver would have taken it anyway.

You're talking about trading for KG and Pierce like it's 2008 or some shit come on.So giving up 3 first round picks (3!!), a good player in Wallace, and a young player who has shown the potential to be a breakout scorer for a couple years of the big 2/3rds retirement tour is better than giving up 1 pick and garbage to roll the dice on AB? That deal could very likely bite the Nets in the ass. If (when?) AB starts sucking Woodson can just bench him and he'll have essentially the same team that he had last year. It's not even close really.

DY_nasty

It doent matter if the Knicks pick was unprotected if the Knicks got a good pick Denver would have taken it anyway.

You're talking about trading for KG and Pierce like it's 2008 or some shit come on.So giving up 3 first round picks (3!!), a good player in Wallace, and a young player who has shown the potential to be a breakout scorer for a couple years of the big 2/3rds retirement tour is better than giving up 1 pick and garbage to roll the dice on AB? That deal could very likely bite the Nets in the ass. If (when?) AB starts sucking Woodson can just bench him and he'll have essentially the same team that he had last year. It's not even close really.
iwillnottroll

iwillnottroll

Branduil

LA is acting like they're Cleveland right now.

masud

Banned
If you two wanna stop being cute and actually make a point I'm all ears. To be clear the AB trade was bad, dumb dumb trade but the risk isn't huge. The nets trade has the potential to be catastrophic. The Nets will still be sending picks to Boston when KG, Pierce and Johnson are long gone and Deron is in his mid 30's.

edit: I didn't realize what kind of numbers Wallace put up last season. But my point still stands though even without him.

The most vital part of that deal for NJ was shedding Gerald Wallace. Not only could he not score, but his defense degraded as well. So he's getting paid starter money and he wouldn't come off the bench on a lot of teams. At least Terry can hit a shot every now and then.

Damn... As a MAVS fan all I can do is watch as our hopes of getting Dwight is slipping away and all the other top free agents are being wooed by the other teams.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Damn... As a MAVS fan all I can do is watch as our hopes of getting Dwight is slipping away and all the other top free agents are being wooed by the other teams.
Stop being selfish. You just won one recently. Let fans of struggle teams like the Lakers have a chance.

If you two wanna stop being cute and actually make a point I'm all ears. To be clear the AB trade was bad, dumb dumb trade but the risk isn't huge. The nets trade has the potential to be catastrophic. The Nets will still be sending picks to Boston when KG, Pierce and Johnson are long gone and Deron is in his mid 30's.

dude the entire knicks front office is a catastrophe

reilo

You called Gerald Wallace a "good player" that the Nets gave up. I'll buy the picks argument, but even then, the Nets are in win-now mode much like the Knicks are.

But unlike the Knicks, the Pierce and KG trade gives them a shot to win something while the AB trade is a net-negative AND screws the Knicks over in the future. It's a bad trade in the short-term and long-term. AB's contract also sucks really bad, too.

Yeah what could wrong?

The Bobcats miss out on another #1 pick, aka the usual?

reilo

WojYahooNBA: Dwight Howard, Houston Rockets dinner meeting has ended in Beverly Hills, source tells Y! Sports.

reilo

KG is also so much better than Gerald Wallace it's almost comical. Pierce on his own is, too, but just a Gerald + 1st round pick for KG swap would've been a win-win for the Nets. I can't believe KG's contract is also better than Wallace's.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Also an expiring KG contract will have value if stuff doesn't work out

Top Bottom