• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

masud

Banned
You called Gerald Wallace a "good player" that the Nets gave up. I'll buy the picks argument, but even then, the Nets are in win-now mode much like the Knicks are.

But unlike the Knicks, the Pierce and KG trade gives them a shot to win something while the AB trade is a net-negative AND screws the Knicks over in the future. It's a bad trade in the short-term and long-term. AB's contract also sucks really bad, too.

The Bobcats miss out on another #1 pick, aka the usual?

First of all the neither the Nets or Knicks are winning shit, that's why both moves are dumb but the Nets move is dumber because they gave up much more to not win shit. And how does it hurt the Knicks in the future other than them missing out on the one player they would have taken in 2016? The move actually clears cap for 2015.

dude the entire knicks front office is a catastrophe

Ya don't say? Great insight.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Also an expiring KG contract will have value if stuff doesn't work out

Yep. Plus the Nets have assets that the rest of the league desires that can bring them back some good first rounders if they desire to hit the reset button.

Nobody will take on Amar'e and the Knicks aren't trading Melo, and everyone is trash outside of maybe Shumps and Chandler, and Chandler's contract sucks.

First of all the neither the Nets or Knicks are winning shit, that's why both moves are dumb but the Nets move is dumber because they gave up much more to not win shit. And how does it hurt the Knicks in the future other than them missing out on the one player they would have taken in 2016? The move actually clears cap for 2015.

Cause you don't have a '14 and '16 draft pick now? Congrats.

masud

Banned
Yep. Plus the Nets have assets that the rest of the league desires that can bring them back some good first rounders if they desire to hit the reset button.

Really who? They don't have Marshon or tradable draft picks till 2020. Shump is a better piece than anything the Nets can offer now. I mean he is gonna get us Monta Ellis after all.

Cause you don't have a '14 and '16 draft pick now? Congrats.

What are you talking about we lost the 2014 pick in a different stupid trade. You cant use that as a reason this trade is bad.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Deron, Lopez, KG, and even Pierce are far more desirable than whatever the Knicks have.

What are you talking about we lost the 2014 pick in a different stupid trade. You cant use that as a reason this trade is bad.

Yes I can because this league doesn't operate in a vacuum. One can't be judged without the other.

Ya don't say? Great insight.

your terrible team doesn't deserve insight, only ridicule.

Damn... As a MAVS fan all I can do is watch as our hopes of getting Dwight is slipping away and all the other top free agents are being wooed by the other teams.

They're going to have a decent team. I'm thinking they're going to be Pacers West, particularly after this season when Dirk takes his pay cut. Expect a well balanced, deep team. They have Dirk and great coaching and that will go a long way.

methodman

Banned
Apparently the spurs are interested in Ellis.

I really want this to happen so I can see how this will work and/or blow up.
I think Ellis can still be a really good player in thus league, but he needs a coach that can reign him in and disallow him from taking 3's. He was such a good player for us when he was driving in and just taking midrange jumpers. He's turned into a ball hog after a couple years of thinking of himself as the number 1option. It's too bad. That's why I don't think he'd be a good fit for the knicks, but Perfect for the spurs

SamuraiX-

lmfao if the motherfucking Pelicans actually pay Reke.

Also, LOLKNICKS. Bargs? Seriously? As if your front line wasn't soft enough already.

masud

Banned
Masud, just stop and embrace the fuckery.

Yeah I know I just had to address the blatant hypocrisy. It's funny I know a lot of die hard Knick fans irl and I'm by far the most negative. I'm usually trying to convince friends and family that we root for a horribly run and slightly evil organization. I just finished a 2 hour fb argument with a friend that was hyped about this trade. Gaf is the only place where I actually get to defend the Knicks, even if it is about which team sucks less.

linsivvi

Yeah I know I just had to address the blatant hypocrisy. It's funny I know a lot of die hard Knick fans irl and I'm by far the most negative. I'm usually trying to convince friends and family that we root for a horribly run and slightly evil organization. I just finished a 2 hour fb argument with a friend that was hyped about this trade. Gaf is the only place where I actually get to defend the Knicks, even if it is about which team sucks less.

The Nets don't suck though, but whatever.

According to stein
MAVS have verbal agreement with Israeli PG Gal Mekel to a minimum guaranteed multi year deal.

Wtf...

The Raptors, Jazz, and Bucks were all interested as well. Maybe several other teams. I think the Hawks were too. He's a great passer and he's going to be a pick and roll PG.

Into

If you were Dwight, where would you go? Knowing you had millions of dollars already and the extra money the Lakers can offer was not that important? The mission being: win championship(s)

I just do not see how Dallas is a better choice than Rockets or even Lakers, even if Dallas got Rondo.

I would pick the Rockets, they have the youngest team, while Kobe and Dirk are on their last legs. Seems like a much better destination for him.

Neither the Knicks nor the Nets are coming out of the East so this is a silly argument. I still like Chicago and Miami and maybe even the Pacers better than those teams. NJ is going to be frail given KG and Pierce's age and Lopez's injury history. NY may have gotten even worse defensively.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
It's on Clutchfans somewhere, some insider with a proven record said there was someone else at the meeting who hasn't been mentioned. Josh Smith is in town. Conspiracy theory but it makes sense.
Then explain this: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9440410/josh-smith-detroit-pistons-meet?src=mobile

While Dwight Howard was meeting with the Houston Rockets in Los Angeles as free agency opened, sources confirmed to ESPN.com that his former AAU teammate, Josh Smith, was sitting down with Joe Dumars and the Detroit Pistons across town.

Edit: Nevermind, the Smith/Pistons meeting happened in LA.

Forever

Banned
Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen

Following encouraging meeting with Dwight Howard, Rockets will look not to fall-back position free agents, but to pieces to go with him.

Vahagn

The Nets as a win-now team with Humphries and Wallace aren't the same as the Nets with KG and Pierce in their stead.

PP is a deadly knock down shooter from anywhere inside 27 feet and KG is the same for anywhere inside 19 feet. Deron should handily lead the league in APG next season, and with Kidd there, you know he's just gonna let Deron play his game.

That being said they're still probably second round fodder If they run into a healthy Miami/Indy/Chicago.

Forever

Banned
Jared Zwerling @JaredZwerling about 46 minutes ago
My colleague @Mike Mazzeo points out that D-Will just started following Kyle Korver on Twitter. Reports: Korver will sacrifice $ to sign in BK

I don't understand what parsons is saying when he says houston gives Howard the best chance to win. They were the 8th seed last year. MAVS beat them in the season series. Lakers finished above them. MAVS had a hobbled dirk for half the season and in all likelihood would have finished above the rockets if he was healthy all season.

So????

I don't understand what parsons is saying when he says houston gives Howard the best chance to win. They were the 8th seed last year. MAVS beat them in the season series. Lakers finished above them. MAVS had a hobbled dirk for half the season and in all likelihood would have finished above the rockets if he was healthy all season.

So????

Young team on the rise, smart management, lots of shooters to space the floor around Howard. Better than their record suggests based on point differential, although that's probably not part of Parsons' argument.

Young team on the rise, smart management, lots of shooters to space the floor around Howard. Better than their record suggests based on point differential, although that's probably not part of Parsons' argument.

They don't have a lot of shooters outside of Parsons and Harden. I think spacing would be awful on that team.

Really who? They don't have Marshon or tradable draft picks till 2020. Shump is a better piece than anything the Nets can offer now. I mean he is gonna get us Monta Ellis after all.

Marshon Brooks is a useless chucker that can't shoot, play defense, or work off ball, the Nets desperately tried to shop him but no one wanted him so they devided to ship him off to Boston because they'd rather keep Reggie fucking Evans. Don't act like Brooks is either a good player or an asset.

pilonv1

I think Ellis can still be a really good player in thus league, but he needs a coach that can reign him in and disallow him from taking 3's. He was such a good player for us when he was driving in and just taking midrange jumpers. He's turned into a ball hog after a couple years of thinking of himself as the number 1option. It's too bad. That's why I don't think he'd be a good fit for the knicks, but Perfect for the spurs

Completely agree. He'll even try on defense occasionally, which I think can be more consistent with the right coaching. I really want to see him coached properly.

They don't have a lot of shooters outside of Parsons and Harden. I think spacing would be awful on that team.

Beverly shot a pretty good percentage from three as well. They just jettisoned their role players who can shoot, but the two guys who'll log the majority of the minutes at the wings being good shooters will help a lot. Of the guards they've got left, Lin's the only one who sucks from distance. If they can replace some of his minutes with someone who's average at least from 3 and pick up some more shooters for cheap (which Morey can definitely do), they'll be even better at it than they were this year, when they made the second most 3s in the league.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

A lot of anticipation over what the Lakers have planned for the Tuesday presentation to Dwight Howard. "They're going all out," source said.
Kobe's gonna sing a love song to Dwight at the Lakers presentation.

Top Bottom