• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Brinbe

why the fuck do we have like half dozen small forwards on the roster? Masai mustve thought to himself, goddamn, Ima earn my cheques this summer.
Kleiza
Anderson
Gay
Pietrus
Novak
Fields

Scrubtastic. And Im not sold on Gay either, not convinced that dude is interested in anything more than gettin his stats.
Because prior to Gay we had shit for talent at the position? Hence the Kleiza/Fields/Peaches signings. (bascailly, Colangelo is an idiot)

Also, AA is a 2 and Novak is basically replacing Bargnani as the stretch 4 off the bench.

Luckily, Kleiza is probably getting amnestied, AA/Peaches aren't coming back and maybe Ujiri can work his magic with Fields and his awful contract. So really, we only have Gay/Fields.

On Gay, he's definitely overpaid and really has to work on his turnovers/efficiency, but he's still a good two-way player and of the top SFs in the league, Which is still pretty valuable when it's one of the most shallow positions in the league. Wouldn't hesitate to deal him, but then we'd have a hole at the position again.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Agree with you, but we got rid of Patterson and I enjoyed watching Patterson play for the Rockets, so just the fact that the player we traded Patterson for is getting traded already is pretty upsetting

Patterson basically became a 3 pt shooting PF on the Rockets. His game was not seeing any improvement besides outside shooting. He can't rebound for a PF, he doesn't block shots, his D is average. I liked him too , but Morey is looking and always has been at the bigger picture and that's to get a player like Howard.

Patterson would be traded today if we still had him.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Monta Ellis or JR Smith?

I don't see the two playing on the same team. I'd rather have Ellis, personally. So if JR bolts and we sign Ellis instead, I'm fine with that.

But not both. That's like forcing the same sides of a magnet together.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So Asik is gone if Dwight joins the Rockets?

I'd say it's 99% sure he's gone, unless Howard was like I want to play with Asik which lol I highly doubt.

I really like Asik. Fucking steal we took from the Bulls and made me eat my words badly last season.

Monta Ellis or JR Smith?

I don't see the two playing on the same team. I'd rather have Ellis, personally. So if JR bolts and we sign Ellis instead, I'm fine with that.

But not both. That's like forcing the same sides of a magnet together.

Monta can't shoot threes though and that was the entire Knicks offense last year.

shira

Because prior to Gay we had shit for talent at the position? Hence the Kleiza/Fields/Peaches signings. (bascailly, Colangelo is an idiot)

Also, AA is a 2 and Novak is basically replacing Bargnani as the stretch 4 off the bench.

Luckily, Kleiza is probably getting amnestied, AA/Peaches aren't coming back and maybe Ujiri can work his magic with Fields and his awful contract. So really, we only have Gay/Fields.

On Gay, he's definitely overpaid and really has to work on his turnovers/efficiency, but he's still a good two-way player and of the top SFs in the league, Which is still pretty valuable when it's one of the most shallow positions in the league. Wouldn't hesitate to deal him, but then we'd have a hole at the position again.

I have a feeling m-god is cleaning house. Get that whole colangelo taint off the entire franchise, re-name the team and re-brand around Wiggins.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mark Cuban. Keep losing.

Hopefully DH decides quickly so we don't have to listen to his shit for an entire summer.

SamuraiX-

Ok, this is borderline blasphemous.

ybqsfMH.jpg

Peja's number? Seriously?

Flash

love how OKC potentially created another powerhouse in the west by trading Harden to Houston.

Last summer they looked destined for mediocrity, overpaying Lin and Asik while getting rid of Lowry and Dragic.

Matrix

love how OKC created another powerhouse in the west by trading Harden to Houston.

Last summer they looked destined for mediocrity, overpaying Lin and Asik while getting rid of Lowry and Dragic.

It also kinda helped that Parsons became one hell of a player himself. Do love me some OKC though.

KingGondo

Banned
For all those mad at OKC for trading Harden to Houston, you can mainly blame the Wiz, Raps and Warriors for not wanting to give up Beal, Valanciunas, or Klay Thompson for one of the 10 best players in the league.

I really do think Presti took the best offer he got (bad as it seems). At least we got a Dwight-stopper in Steven Adams with the Raps pick...

:'(

For all those mad at OKC for trading Harden to Houston, you can mainly blame the Wiz, Raps and Warriors for not wanting to give up Beal, Valanciunas, or Klay Thompson for one of the 10 best players in the league.

I really do think Presti took the best offer he got (bad as it seems). At least we got a Dwight-stopper in Steven Adams with the Raps pick...

Or we can blame Presti and OKC management for giving Harden's money to Ibaka and Perkins.

Nah, we can blame Presti for being an idiot. Or being told not to spend for a chip. Either way OKC fans should be worried.

SamuraiX-

Cowboys fans were pissed when Dez Bryant chose Michael Irvin's number too, but it worked out OK for them.

I have no idea who those players are, but yeah #YNOT!

So two confirmed targets for us this free agency: Andrea Iguodala and Greg Oden

-______________-

I'd be way happier if we could land Dorell Wright.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Brooklyn won't improve by at least a few wins over their 49-win season last year by replacing a terrible Gerald Wallace with KG and Pierce?

Okay.

5th seed here you come, Brooklyn! Knicks got that Top 3 seed locked up. Bargnani is the truth.

Pimpwerx

Brooklyn won't improve by at least a few wins over their 49-win season last year by replacing a terrible Gerald Wallace with KG and Pierce?

Okay.

5th seed here you come, Brooklyn! Knicks got that Top 3 seed locked up. Bargnani is the truth.

Yeah. PP and KG as potentially 4th or 5th options on that team is kinda scary. I still think it all hinges on Deron though. His playmaking has looked kinda suspect in Brooklyn. PEACE.

exarkun

Wow Lakers really whoring out the entire organization with this #Stay shit? I wonder if the Rockets will do that when Jeremy decides he wants to leave for greener pastures.

reilo

Yeah. PP and KG as potentially 4th or 5th options on that team is kinda scary. I still think it all hinges on Deron though. His playmaking has looked kinda suspect in Brooklyn. PEACE.

He was being fuckballed by Avery Johnson. Kidd might be a first year coach, but if anyone has the chops to make it as a good coach in this league, it's him.

Deron's numbers post-AJ: 20/7.7/46/41.6/88.3

And he had a dead Gerald Wallace spacing the floor for him in the corner shooting an abysmal 28% from three and Marshon Brooks shooting 27% from three. Those two are getting replaced by Paul Pierce and Kyle Korver.

Then add in the fact that KG is a god-tier defender for a bigman and he's replacing Kris Humphries and they get to keep Reggie Evans? Come the fuck on. Injuries will be the only thing holding the Nets back.

Knicks-age is salty.

Tom Penny

The key for the Nets is they have to cut KG and Pierce minutes to 30 below especially Pierce. Doc had KG on a specific plan but he ran Pierce into the ground. Every year he'd say I need to cut Paul's minutes and never did.

KingGondo

Banned
Or we can blame Presti and OKC management for giving Harden's money to Ibaka and Perkins.

Nah, we can blame Presti for being an idiot. Or being told not to spend for a chip. Either way OKC fans should be worried.
You guys are acting like we weren't the 1 seed last year without Harden and wouldn't have made the WCF (at least) if Westbrook didn't go down.

We're still a contender with flexibility and youth far into the future. Now we just need to get rid of Scott Brooks.

And I definitely should take the opportunity to thank Knicks fans for giving me hope by acquiring Garbagnani. If that contract can be offloaded, surely Perk's can too.

reilo

The key for the Nets is they have to cut KG and Pierce minutes to 30 below especially Pierce. Doc had KG on a specific plan but he ran Pierce into the ground. Every year he'd say I need to cut Paul's minutes and never did.

I'd hope Kidd of all people, will know how important it is to monitor minutes for an aging player. I think the Nets are deep enough that they can keep PP and KG to 30-35.

He was being fuckballed by Avery Johnson. Kidd might be a first year coach, but if anyone has the chops to make it as a good coach in this league, it's him.

Deron's numbers post-AJ: 20/7.7/46/41.6/88.3

And he had a dead Gerald Wallace spacing the floor for him in the corner shooting an abysmal 28% from three and Marshon Brooks shooting 27% from three. Those two are getting replaced by Paul Pierce and Kyle Korver.

Then add in the fact that KG is a god-tier defender for a bigman and he's replacing Kris Humphries and they get to keep Reggie Evans? Come the fuck on. Injuries will be the only thing holding the Nets back.

Knicks-age is salty.

why would anyone be salty, old men will lose to the heat and others teams.

Top Bottom