• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I just checked and the only members of that 2009 Finals teams still on the Magic are Jameer and Turkoglu

I'm not sure what that means, if anything.

hedo left a long time ago

last year was the saddest thing ever, i thought he'd be a 10 ppg 4 assist guy on like 50 ts% and not some withered husk of flesh that began weezing 3 possessions after subbing in

he shot .04% on threes

Sharp

hedo left a long time ago

last year was the saddest thing ever, i thought he'd be a 10 ppg 4 assist guy on like 50 ts% and not some withered husk of flesh that began weezing 3 possessions after subbing in

he shot .04% on threes
Yeah, I remembered he was traded... I was kind of surprised when I saw he was on the roster again.

Also, that is amazing.

Looking at that '09 roster... the fact that they got as far as they did kind of vindicates SVG's strategy. I'm surprised some team hasn't taken a chance on him.

God D12 was a beast that year. I still think there was an argument at the time for him being better than Bron. The Dwight Lakers fans want to leave is a pale shadow of the man he used to be.

Yeah, I remembered he was traded... I was kind of surprised when I saw he was on the roster again.

Also, that is amazing.

Looking at that '09 roster... the fact that they got as far as they did kind of vindicates SVG's strategy. I'm surprised some team hasn't taken a chance on him.

God D12 was a beast that year. I still think there was an argument at the time for him being better than Bron. The Dwight Lakers fans want to leave is a pale shadow of the man he used to be.

reportedly, svg doesn't want to move his family from orlando which is why he's not been swayed by any coaching vacancies though i'm sure if someone gave him doc rivers money he'd reconsider. then again maybe he's waiting for jacque vaughn's contract to expire and take over the magic.

the 2010 magic team was actually better than the 09 team, they played with spurslike efficiency the last of half of that season. too bad vince carter turned out to be vince carter.

and orlando d12 might be gone forever with his back injury and newfound reputation as a clownish asshole with little enthusiasm, maybe parsons' can rekindle the feeling.

charsace

Well, the Knicks are already on a bus ride to hell. Lets fuel the bus up all the way. Get the hell bus gas tank on full. Monta Elolis here we come.

Wally Szczerbiak ‏@wallyball 41m
Great trade by #Knicks!! Andrea Bargnani is a 7 foot #flamethrower ������. Former #1 pick loaded with talent significantly upgrades roster.

Wally Szczerbiak ‏@wallyball 34m
Mike Woodson let it fly 3 point shot mentality will bring out the best in Andrea Bargnani. #greenlight #Knicks @alanhahn @RothenbergESPN

----

wally really doesnt want to lose his job, huh? this shit is just hilarious.

Those are the main questions man. Last time it all went wrong this time....the potential if it all going wrong is there pi once again. If the Knicks are smart they won't make a big deal of one FA until they figure out who is likely to bounce.... Like kyrie might be the best FA of that year but he is a lot more likely to stay than say a Kevin love or an alderidge.....

i have zero faith in the knicks getting a top 3 FA in that year. even top 5. its just the way of the world :/

im really looking forward to the first month of #hope where barnyani and monta arent terrible and playing like all stars and then the entire team crashes and burns before our very eyes

wally really doesnt want to lose his job, huh? this shit is just hilarious.

The best things Wally has ever said:

WS1.jpg

Pasta gone for good, happy Canada Day Raptors age. Dunno wtf Knicks are thinkin, but whatever, Barg's bowl of shit isnt our problem anymore. Now to dump Derozan and get JJ Reddick.

I'm trying to find anything that Bargnani could do that would plausibly improve our offense as currently constructed.

I want to say that in theory, when healthy and interested, he would be like a 7-foot Steve Novak who can additionally handle the ball/create his own shot/shoots from mid-range very well/pass very well for a big man.

In theory, this would allow for great spacing on the court, since he'll pull bigs away from the paint, or get open shots endlessly on Melo doubles and triples.

...but he's sucked for so long, how can this even happen? Basically, the only hope is that he just needed a change of scenery and was cast incorrectly in the first/second option role. Or even better, maybe STAT truly is healthy enough to be a diminished 17 and 6 player in 20 to 25 minutes, and Bargnani can be an excellent reserve that allows us to stretch defenses for his 20 minutes with his Novak+ ability.

...oh god. :*(

I'm trying to find anything that Bargnani could do that would plausibly improve our offense as currently constructed.

I want to say that in theory, when healthy and interested, he would be like a 7-foot Steve Novak who can additionally handle the ball/create his own shot/shoots from mid-range very well/pass very well for a big man.

In theory, this would allow for great spacing on the court, since he'll pull bigs away from the paint, or get open shots endlessly on Melo doubles and triples.

...but he's sucked for so long, how can this even happen? Basically, the only hope is that he just needed a change of scenery and was cast incorrectly in the first/second option role. Or even better, maybe STAT truly is healthy enough to be a diminished 17 and 6 player in 20 to 25 minutes, and Bargnani can be an excellent reserve that allows us to stretch defenses for his 20 minutes with his Novak+ ability.

...oh god. :*(

he couldnt even handle the ACC gettin on his case, the Gahden will suck away what little spirit he has left in him. Oh hell have the odd game or two where he hooks yall up with 5 or 6 threes and shows a spark of life. and youll think to yourself, maybe this will work out. But I promise you...it wont.

Flash

on a talent level he's more valuable than Novak...but dude has no heart or desire, and his big man skills are next to none

I do think he'll be better than he was in Toronto (at this point fans, coaches, management and his team mates were getting sick of him getting undeserved pt)...but this won't be in the Garden. I can't imagine the fans showing any love for him and as soon as he starts sucking the fans will kill him.

on a talent level he's more valuable than Novak...but dude has no heart or desire, and his big man skills are next to none

I do think he'll be better than he was in Toronto (at this point fans, coaches, management and his team mates were getting sick of him getting undeserved pt)...but this won't be in the Garden. I can't imagine the fans showing any love for him and as soon as he starts sucking the fans will kill him.

Spike Lee's going to have a Bargs jersey at the first home game.

why the fuck do we have like half dozen small forwards on the roster? Masai mustve thought to himself, goddamn, Ima earn my cheques this summer.
Kleiza
Anderson
Gay
Pietrus
Novak
Fields

Scrubtastic. And Im not sold on Gay either, not convinced that dude is interested in anything more than gettin his stats.

Cheddahz

Banned
Rockets are planning on trading Robinson to Portland for two second round picks and some Euro players, what the hell....we just got him a few months ago and I don't even want D12!

Flash

Hope Masai goes all in on the tank. I'm a big fan of Lowry but at this point I wouldn't mind trading him to help our tank cause.

Given his reasonable contract you could probably pair him with Derozan in a deal. Now that Gay contract... I don't see us ever moving that.

Which begs the question, why would our owners approve that trade if they had intended on parting ways with BC? His post trade record was far superior to his pre trade record... ugh, straight up incompetence.

KingGondo

Banned
Rockets are planning on trading Robinson to Portland for two second round picks and some Euro players, what the hell....we just got him a few months ago and I don't even want D12!
You are about to acquire a guy who was hands-down a top-3 player before his injury, and his acquisition will mean you'll probably have the best center and shooting guard in the league for several years... And you're complaining about trading Thomas Robinson?

Smh.

Cheddahz

Banned
You are about to acquire a guy who was hands-down a top-3 player before his injury, and his acquisition will mean you'll probably have the best center and shooting guard in the league for several years... And you're complaining about trading Thomas Robinson?

Smh.

I hope that is the case, I just haven't been a fan of Dwight in the last few years because of his drama and I don't want him to bring it to Houston

That's what I am mainly afraid about

Pimpwerx

I don't think there's ever been a trade with such consensus. Everyone in Toronto loves it. Everyone in NY hates it. The league gave the Knicks a chance to back out of the deal, but they still went forward with it. Really strange. I assume the Knicks really think they can salvage something of Andrea's career. PEACE.

KingGondo

Banned
I hope that is the case, I just haven't been a fan of Dwight in the last few years because of his drama and I don't want him to bring it to Houston

That's what I am mainly afraid about
Dwight is absolutely a clown, and his lack of development in his game had been pathetic to watch. Also, I'm not sure McHale is the right coach for him.

But it's worth the risk. Big men with his athleticism and defensive prowess are so, so rare.

So are the Knicks like paying back the Raps for taking Landry off their hands or what? I don't understand any other reason why they'd take Andrea Bargnani.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

I haven't been a fan of Howard's drama at all or his lol ft shooting, but you still make the deal and hope his back and love for the game comes back.

You don't hold onto Trob if you have a huge chance at Howard.

Cheddahz

Banned
I haven't been a fan of Howard's drama at all or his lol ft shooting, but you still make the deal and hope his back and love for the game comes back.

You don't hold onto Trob if you have a huge chance at Howard.

Agree with you, but we got rid of Patterson and I enjoyed watching Patterson play for the Rockets, so just the fact that the player we traded Patterson for is getting traded already is pretty upsetting

thekad

Banned
TRob sucked. It was a decent deal regardless of Dwight.

@TommyDeeTKB: Sounds like Dwight Howard to Houston is going down... At least what these ears are hearing.

@TommyDeeTKB: In fact I'm going to put it out there. Howard to Houston is happening per source. #nba

Top Bottom