• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

You guys are acting like we weren't the 1 seed last year without Harden and wouldn't have made the WCF (at least) if Westbrook didn't go down.

We're still a contender with flexibility and youth far into the future. Now we just need to get rid of Scott Brooks.

And I definitely should take the opportunity to thank Knicks fans for giving me hope by acquiring Garbagnani. If that contract can be offloaded, surely Perk's can too.

No one is arguing OKC isn't good, a cheap owner or a dumb GM threw away their chance to be great.

fEtH7p0.jpg

The thing for the Nets is that KG, Pierce, and Bropez have such shaky health that it's hard to predict which way they'll go. If KG plays like 2012 post all star break KG while Bropez plays like he did this year, the Nets have a shot at the title. If KG breaks down completely (which is extremely possible since he'll be 38 next May) and if Bropez's foot implodes, the Nets could miss the playoffs.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The thing for the Nets is that KG, Pierce, and Bropez have such shaky health that it's hard to predict which way they'll go. If KG plays like 2012 post all star break KG while Bropez plays like he did this year, the Nets have a shot at the title. If KG breaks down completely (which is extremely possible since he'll be 38 next May) and if Bropez's foot implodes, the Nets could miss the playoffs.

Yep, and that's my only caveat to the Nets. Injury concerns.

I also predicted that the Celtics would implode within 2-3 years of the KG/Allen trade due to injury, and then it ends up being Rajon Rando going down with a severe injury and missing the rest of the season, so what the fuck do I know.

AcridMeat

Banned
Warriors are shopping Lee. I'm not sure how I feel about that, they won't get what they want for him. They're hoping to pry Aldridge...haha

exarkun

Parsons is esp with that contract right now.

Him and Kawhi are making pennies compared to their actual value. Its pretty ridiculous that both teams have project players panning out waaaaaay above their contract value.

LOL at Chris Paul #Stayed

Tom Penny

Yep, and that's my only caveat to the Nets. Injury concerns.

I also predicted that the Celtics would implode within 2-3 years of the KG/Allen trade due to injury, and then it ends up being Rajon Rando going down with a severe injury and missing the rest of the season, so what the fuck do I know.

I'm still angry David West back out of his deal to join the Pacers instead of Celtics. That could have got them the 1 win they need to get to the finals a year ago. Instead is was the great Brandon Bass :/ Rondo, KG, Pierce, Ray and West would have been a skilled unit.

I think the biggest problem with the Nets is athleticism.

h3ro

He was being fuckballed by Avery Johnson. Kidd might be a first year coach, but if anyone has the chops to make it as a good coach in this league, it's him.

Deron's numbers post-AJ: 20/7.7/46/41.6/88.3

And he had a dead Gerald Wallace spacing the floor for him in the corner shooting an abysmal 28% from three and Marshon Brooks shooting 27% from three. Those two are getting replaced by Paul Pierce and Kyle Korver.

Then add in the fact that KG is a god-tier defender for a bigman and he's replacing Kris Humphries and they get to keep Reggie Evans? Come the fuck on. Injuries will be the only thing holding the Nets back.

Knicks-age is salty.
Not salty, just used to this team being run like trash. Now they're thinking about Monta. Sure, why not?

At least they can never take away those two weeks of Linsanity from me.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Not salty, just used to this team being run like trash. Now they're thinking about Monta. Sure, why not?

And then Melo went and fucked it all up.

You know, if Monta actually takes the mini-MLE, why not? It's a terrible fit, but would it matter at that price.
Not that I believe for a second Monta would sign on for 3 mil a year, which is why the Knicks signing is a bogus rumor.

You know, if Monta actually takes the mini-MLE, why not? It's a terrible fit, but would it matter at that price.
Not that I believe for a second Monta would sign on for 3 mil a year, which is why the Knicks signing is a bogus rumor.

S&T for Chandler, Why have Chandler when you have 7 foot flame thrower?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Him and Kawhi are making pennies compared to their actual value. Its pretty ridiculous that both teams have project players panning out waaaaaay above their contract value.

LOL at Chris Paul #Stayed

Yep, though Morey has always been great at finding 2nd round steals. Though Parsons is on a whole different level right now. I really hope he keeps getting better and we pay the man.

"it's like he's a dog lmao."

Someone should tweet Howard to "sit" or "rollover"

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LOL yea cause it's a command and not a desperate plea. Thefuckouttahere.

Either way it's hilarious cause it's twitter. Obviously he can say a lot more in person or with a simple phone call.

Stay.

Sit boo boo sit. Good dog.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I don't mind dumping QRich hahaha.

Edit: LOL @ "for some reason".

Basketball reasonz, sen.

If Stern is trying to protect Dolan from his own morbid dumbfuckery, I predict a Knicks chip as Stern's final call/hurrah!

SUPREME1

Banned
LesserFranchiseGAF, help me transition to a TANK MODE mentality. How do I become bout dat life?

Lakers have officially hit rock bottom.

Top Bottom