• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

B.O.O.M

qdjhaL4.png

Saving face like a bawse.

lol no kidding. Well played

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Would be awesome to see the Rockets lose all of their assets in pursuit of Howard only for him to change his mind at the last minute.

You think Morey doesn't have a back up plan. No one 100% completely trusts Howard.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
From James Harden, to Kevin Martin, to Dorell Wright. BJ, BE Presti.

Man your jackhammers. Man your battle stations.

This team has approached the top of that hill very quickly...this is the continuation of the Supersonics curse. Fans need to brace themselves for the collapse.

Notating the playoffs sucks but the day you build Dwight a statue is the day you hit rock bottom. Dude is like what the fourth best center the Lakers have had? Or even worse than Mikan? And that's after a cataclysmic drop after the top 3.

Edit: holy shit " not making" the playoffs.

Notating the playoffs sucks but the day you build Dwight a statue is the day you hit rock bottom. Dude is like what the fourth best center the Lakers have had? Or even worse than Mikan? And that's after a cataclysmic drop after the top 3.

Isn't retiring the number of a guy who never played for you "rock bottom"?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
0 passes once he gets the ball
0 shots he saw that he didn't like
0 wins for ucla after the ncaa infractions hit
0 love for these baby mommas
0 shame

AlphaSnake

Fourth? Are you fucking kidding? Vlade Divac put up more than Howard.

Wilt. Kareem. Mikan. Bynum. Divac. Premium Pau. Even fucking Campbell.

Howard is garbage.

KingGondo

Banned
Man your jackhammers. Man your battle stations.

This team has approached the top of that hill very quickly...this is the continuation of the Supersonics curse. Fans need to brace themselves for the collapse.
Says the Knicks fan.

We will continue to contend for years as YNB, Durant and Ibaka approach their primes. We still have good young complimentary players waiting in the wings.

And it's silly to pretend Dorell Wright will be playing the same role Harden and K-Mart played. He'll come off the bench to defend and spread the floor. He provides perimeter offense on a reasonable contract.

Nori Chan

Rumors are going around that Warriors are ready to make an offer for Dwight.

Bogut + Klay or Barnes

i mean, its better than lin and asik i suppose

Isn't retiring the number of a guy who never played for you "rock bottom"?
Not really. Honestly there's about 5 numbers the NBA should ban from usage leaguewide. Jersey hanging should be a choice of course but still.

We've had this talk before, I have no problem paying homage, it hasn't stopped us from building our own legacy in anyway.

Not really. Honestly there's about 5 numbers the NBA should ban from usage leaguewide. Jersey hanging should be a choice of course but still.

We've had this talk before, I have no problem paying homage, it hasn't stopped us from building our own legacy in anyway.

yeah gotta pay homage to Dan Marino. There wouldn't be a Heat without Dan Marino.

Bogut + Klay or Barnes

Well yeah. Bogut is better than Asik and an expiring contract anyways.

Klay and Barnes are far more talented than Lin.

Haslem was playing with a torn Meniscus and needs surgery :eek:
MIAMI -- Heat forward Udonis Haslem played through much of the second half of Miami's season with a torn right meniscus, and told The Associated Press that surgery will be required to repair the previously undisclosed injury.

Haslem made the revelation Saturday after a promotional appearance where hundreds of Heat fans began lining up to see the Miami native five hours before he arrived. Surgery will occur soon, he said, and Haslem expects to be ready for training camp this fall.

"It forces me to be smart and take my time with recovery this summer," said Haslem, who just completed his 10th NBA season, all with Miami. "Obviously, I don't heal like I used to so I've got to be a lot smarter and this forces me to be smart. My body's a little weary right now, a lot more weary than it was after last year."

He only missed three games before the final week of the regular season, sitting out Dec. 10 against Atlanta with flu-like symptoms, Dec. 29 against Milwaukee with a neck contusion and Feb. 14 against Oklahoma City after remaining back in Miami with what the team called a bruised right leg. Haslem got hurt two nights earlier, leaving a Feb. 12 home game against Portland after only nine minutes.

Haslem played 50 games after that injury, including Miami's playoff run.

"I'm already thinking about recovery," Haslem said.
"Everybody will be in shape," Haslem said. "Me and D-Wade learned that the hard way. And LeBron sets the standard so high, man, everybody's got to keep up with him so nobody wants to come back out of shape."

more here

also, lebron has started working out already.

AlphaSnake

Says the Knicks fan.

We will continue to contend for years as YNB, Durant and Ibaka approach their primes. We still have good young complimentary players waiting in the wings.

And it's silly to pretend Dorell Wright will be playing the same role Harden and K-Mart played. He'll come off the bench to defend and spread the floor. He provides perimeter offense on a reasonable contract.

You're calling me a Knick fan like it's supposed to insult me. My scars from the 90s have since long healed. There's no salt to pour on them. My team is as cursed as yours and I acknowledge that everyday of my life. It's time for you to embrace it too.

Set yourself free, it's a much easier life when expectations are lowered.

AlphaSnake

yeah gotta pay homage to Dan Marino. There wouldn't be a Heat without Dan Marino.

Miami sports organizations are as confused as their bandwagoner fans.

It's a medical condition from all that heat, water, palm trees, cuban bitches, white bitches, and asian bitches. #AboutDatLife.

You're calling me a Knick fan like it's supposed to insult me. My scars from the 90s have since long healed. There's no salt to pour on them. My team is as cursed as yours and I acknowledge that everyday of my life. It's time for you to embrace it too.

Be a Magic fan like darkside.

KingGondo

Banned

OKC's future is still 10x brighter than the Knicks' even without Harden.

TuXx

Bogut + Klay or Barnes

If the Lakers can get Lin in a sign and trade, it would be a good move. He'll be a great back up for Nash and will be back in a system he thrived at in New York

AlphaSnake

Be a Magic fan like darkside.

I said it a few pages ago.

I'm going to be a Magic fan. And a bandwagoning Heat fan. Except I will wear a Miami Heat jersey with "#bandwagoner" taped (#taped?) over the #Heat logo.

So I'be like everyone else in Florida, except honest about it.

ESPN Insider gave the Knicks/Raptors trade a D- from the Knicks side

I'm not crazy about the fit. Bargnani's ability to play center, a big part of his additional value over Novak, is problematic because the Knicks have such poor defenders at power forward in Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire. A Bargnani-Stoudemire frontcourt would be an open invitation to opponents to drive to the rim, and putting Anthony alongside them might be the closest we ever get to replicating a player "on fire," NBA Jam-style, in real life.

Suddenly, I think this trade is a net positive for everyone.

Top Bottom