• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Vahagn

That Sterling Story. Oh My Jesus.

If Bynum thinks he has a good chance of playing 60 games next season he should go back to Philly on a one year Vet minimum deal. Do a press conference about how he owes the city of Philly and the franchise and that he's taking a vet minimum deal to make up for last season.

Play 60 or so games, put up 18 and 10 and get a long term deal worth 10 million a year.

That's what he should do if he's recovered. Recover his image in a heartbeat. If he's not though, and his bball career is donzo and he just wants to cash out, take the max deal you can buddy boy.

If Bynum thinks he has a good chance of playing 60 games next season he should go back to Philly on a one year Vet minimum deal. Do a press conference about how he owes the city of Philly and the franchise and that he's taking a vet minimum deal to make up for last season.

Play 60 or so games, put up 18 and 10 and get a long term deal worth 10 million a year.

That's what he should do if he's recovered. Recover his image in a heartbeat. If he's not though, and his bball career is donzo and he just wants to cash out, take the max deal you can buddy boy.

You assume Bynum has a fuck to give.

That's some disney shit Vahagn. Even guys who are completely healthy can lose their career in a freak accident. No one should gamble like that with that much money, and if you think pimp Bynum would risk not getting as much money as possible HAHAAH

PBY

Banned
That's some disney shit Vahagn. Even guys who are completely healthy can lose their career in a freak accident. No one should gamble like that with that much money, and if you think pimp Bynum would risk not getting as much money as possible HAHAAH
Yup.

You think if the roles were reversed, ownership in Philly would take care of him? Plz bruh.

lol this is the biggest pipe dream I've seen yet. Bynum putting up 18/10 in 60 games will have teams roaring in offering close to max if not max offers. He's also never going to take a vet's minimum just because he feels bad for philly. Unless you carried your team to a championship, franchises are ruthless. I doubt they'd offer a pity deal to Bynum if he blew out his knee on that's vet's minimum.

SamuraiX-

wait what?

http://tracking.si.com/2013/07/01/lakers-dwight-howard-tv-show-time-warner/

Dwight is the new Lamar Odom if he re-signs with Lakers.
da07ntS.jpg

wtf lol

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...ade-deals-jj-redick-oj-mayo-according-sources

Sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers have this week exchanged sign-and-trade scenarios with both the Milwaukee Bucks and Dallas Mavericks in potential deals that would bring either J.J. Redick or fellow free agent O.J. Mayo to L.A.

one source close to the process telling ESPN.com that a face-to-face meeting between Redick and the Clippers was imminent, perhaps as soon as Monday night.

Vahagn

You assume Bynum has a fuck to give.

Bynum doesn't owe Philly shit

Yup.

You think if the roles were reversed, ownership in Philly would take care of him? Plz bruh.

lol this is the biggest pipe dream I've seen yet. Bynum putting up 18/10 in 60 games will have teams roaring in offering close to max if not max offers. He's also never going to take a vet's minimum just because he feels bad for philly. Unless you carried your team to a championship, franchises are ruthless. I doubt they'd offer a pity deal to Bynum if he blew out his knee on that's vet's minimum.

So, I guess ya'll not gonna talk shit about Bynum for robbing Philly then? K. Just checking

So, I guess ya'll not gonna talk shit about Bynum for robbing Philly then? K. Just checking

He didn't rob anyone. They traded for him knowing his history with his knees. They traded for him knowing his contract was guaranteed. Bynum was entitled to that money whether he played zero games or 82 games. That's the way the system works. The fact that his knees are fucking time bombs are all the reason he should take as much money as he can now and not worry about giving Philly a discount.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
WojYahooNBA: Minnesota has 4 year offers out to J.J. Redick and Chase Budinger, sources tell Y! Redick is priority, but Wolves want to sign one of them.

RODEO HAPPY DANCE

Vahagn

He didn't rob anyone. They traded for him knowing his history with his knees. They traded for him knowing his contract was guaranteed. Bynum was entitled to that money whether he played zero games or 82 games. That's the way the system works.

I'm all with you on this. I was the one supporting the players HARD during the lockout negotiations.

I'm just saying, and I know it's risky for Bynum, but if he did what I said, he'd rebuild his rep in an instant and, if he can play, get himself a multi year near max contract next summer. Instead of the weak ass under-market contract he's probably going to pick up now (assuming he can play)

I'm all with you on this. I was the one supporting the players HARD during the lockout negotiations.

I'm just saying, and I know it's risky for Bynum, but if he did what I said, he'd rebuild his rep in an instant and, if he can play, get himself a multi year near max contract next summer. Instead of the weak ass under-market contract he's probably going to pick up now (assuming he can play)

Why does he care about rebuilding his rep though? He's not Lebron or Kobe. he's not going to make millions on endorsement deals even if fans love him. Take the money and run. In a league where owners are willing to give Tyreke Fucking Evans $44 million contracts I don't feel bad for them one bit. I will always side with even the biggest of scrubs taking as much money as they can from these incompetent fucks.

lol how did he "rob" philly? I've been critical of his attitude but he didn't refuse to play. They knew the risks when they traded for him, including the attitude part. They took a chance to get a franchise center, hasn't worked out so far. Doesn't mean he owes philly a free season. That money is guaranteed, which once again was known by philly when they took on that contract.

Vahagn

Why does he care about rebuilding his rep though? He's not Lebron or Kobe. he's not going to make millions on endorsement deals even if fans love him. Take the money and run. In a league where owners are willing to give Tyreke Fucking Evans $44 million contracts I don't feel bad for them one bit. I will always side with even the biggest of scrubs taking as much money as they can from these incompetent fucks.

You're going off the assumption he's Greg Oden done. this past season was the norm for him going forward rather than the anomaly. And maybe you're right, only Bynum and his agent and doctors know whats up.

But Bynum's value this year, this summer, is much less than Bynum's value at any point in the previous 5 years. So if he can still play, and give you 60 games. He'd get a better contract next summer than he would this summer, assuming he can make it through a year.

If he can't, take the money and run. If he can, rebuild your rep (business and marketing reasons), come out and perform this year, and get a max next year plus endorsement deals to boot.

All depends on where his situation really is, and if whatever he gets this summer is really what he's worth. .

Even if Dwight leaves, I will be forever grateful of his one season in purple and gold because it prevented Jim Buss from giving a max contract to this guy. We would be even more fucked than we are now.

Were the Lakers going to extend him that early? They had to know his medical concerns better than anyone.

Vahagn

what makes you think they were going to max him for sure?

He was Jim's pet project, there were tons of deals involving Bynum that were turned down because Jim wouldn't sign off. Jim was giving him a multi year long term contract extension for the max if the Dwight deal didn't work out even before Bynum hit free agency.

Just like they did with the last extension.

Were the Lakers going to extend him that early? That had to know his medical concerns better than anyone.

The guy was an All Star the previous season and played every game plus the playoffs except for the ones he was suspended I think. They gave him a max deal after they won the 09 chip despite his horrible injuries in 08 and 09. They would have done it sometime in the summer if the Dwight deal wouldn't have happened.

Forever

Banned
At the rate things are going, I might jump in the Nets bandwagon.

The best part of rooting for the Nets, for me, will be imagining the hissy fit that James Dolan will be having in his Madison Square Garden office as he watches that rich fucker from Russia leave his team in the dust.

God, to be a fly on that wall.

Vahagn

The best part of rooting for the Nets, for me, will be imagining the hissy fit that James Dolan will be having in his Madison Square Garden office as he watches that rich fucker from Russia leave his team in the dust.

God, to be a fly on that wall.

Of all the walls I would want to be a fly on, James Dolan's office isn't one of them.

Top Bottom