• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Bread

Banned
Can't believe people want Dwight. Dude can't lead a team for shit.
What's crazy to me is the Lakers fans wanting Dwight. He's definitely not enough to put them over the top, especially with that old ass roster. They should be ready for the rebuild.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I hate the Jazz, but they're getting the tank thing right unlike some teams.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
Dwight Howard and his representatives still need to go through details of a proposed contract with the Rockets, sources tell Y! Sports.

Wut? I mean, wut?

OKC killed the Lakers and their own title chances with one dumb move.

GG OKC. GG.

Still can't believe that trade to be honest.

Wait. Rockets dont have enough space to give him the $88 million?

Edit: ESPN so didnt want to lead with Dwight to HOU.

Lol, they just tried to take it back before commercial break.

KingGondo

Banned
We are chipping next year.
I'd like to see us make a move to replace Perk/Brooks before I sign on to that one. And it's undeniable the West is even tougher now.

Thunder
Spurs
Rockets
Warriors
Clippers

Would all be the 2 seed in the East. It'll be a tough road, but people forget how good we were last year.

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 54s
Dwight was leaning strongly toward HOU but now wonders if taking $30 mill less is unwise...especially after back issues last 2 yrs.

I wonder if this is what is going on:

Dwight: Houston
Agent: Lakers

And they're fighting because the agent wants more money.

SamuraiX-

2Pm6Zbm.png

lmfao

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
OKC killed the Lakers and their own title chances with one dumb move.

GG OKC. GG.

This is the hold up.

Thats what I said and it led to a whole back & forth a few pages back with linsivi. Rockets were feeling big stealing lin from the knicks and asik from the bulls.... now they're about to put dwight next to harden and try to add J smoove and calderon for lin and asik all because presti fucked up.... and they still have all their damn picks.

Like OKC had a few championships on lock and instead they created a monster in Houston...

thekad

Banned
You can't waive a player to gain his cap space. That only works with amnesty.

But yeah, they should be able to trade him with $3 mil to any team under the cap, really.

Stretch provision would save them about $700k and then they would need to trade G. Smith for a 2nd instead.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
RedNinetyFour ‏@RedNinetyFour
Chris Broussard now confirming on ESPN that Howard has informed the Lakers he has chosen HOU.

KingGondo

Banned
I seem to remember everyone predicting the Lakers would win the West last year when they got Dwight.

The temptation is to think creating a winning basketball team is about putting all the big names on one roster, and it's rarely that simple.

Dwight is no less of a cancer just because he's on a team with Harden (who hasn't shown himself to be much of a leader yet). In fact, Harden is pretty quiet and unassuming, I could see Dwight's BS and "comedic" antics overwhelming that.

Don't get me wrong, they have a chance to be great. But it's just that, a chance. Most people were predicting OKC would suffer greatly last season, and they won 60 games and the 1 seed.

Let's see some actual basketball before we make grand pronouncements. Honestly, the Clippers scare me more than Houston does.

The only way I would've approved of signing Iggy is if it meant we were able to s&t for Dwight. Now we have Iggy for four years and we're probably going to stay a sixth seed.

Top Bottom