• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

The Stealth Fox

I seem to remember everyone predicting the Lakers would win the West last year when they got Dwight.

The temptation is to think creating a winning basketball team is about putting all the big names on one roster, and it's rarely that simple.

Dwight is no less of a cancer just because he's on a team with Harden (who hasn't shown himself to be much of a leader yet). In fact, Harden is pretty quiet and unassuming, I could see Dwight's BS and "comedic" antics overwhelming that.

Don't get me wrong, they have a chance to be great. But it's just that, a chance. Most people were predicting OKC would suffer greatly last season, and they won 60 games and the 1 seed.

Let's see some actual basketball before we make grand pronouncements. Honestly, the Clippers scare me more than Houston does.

The Thunder suck and are only going to get worse. Eric Maynor, the best PG on the team, is gone.

SamuraiX-

1U4Qy4k.png

Morey's selling this shit hard.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol Morey

Dude is in Aspen sitting next to Howard most likely if that plane ride was the real deal.

jman2050

I seem to remember everyone predicting the Lakers would win the West last year when they got Dwight.

The temptation is to think creating a winning basketball team is about putting all the big names on one roster, and it's rarely that simple.

Dwight is no less of a cancer just because he's on a team with Harden (who hasn't shown himself to be much of a leader yet). In fact, Harden is pretty quiet and unassuming, I could see Dwight's BS and "comedic" antics overwhelming that.

Don't get me wrong, they have a chance to be great. But it's just that, a chance. Most people were predicting OKC would suffer greatly last season, and they won 60 games and the 1 seed.

Let's see some actual basketball before we make grand pronouncements. Honestly, the Clippers scare me more than Houston does.

Still drinking the Sam Presti Kool-Aid I see.

Gotta justify a franchise-killing trade somehow...

This is one of the reasons I thought that Spurs fans crying over Splitter's contract was stupid. Not that Splitter is a lock down post defender, but he's pretty good there and we play in the West where we'd have to face Dwight (no one ever thought he was going to the East/Atlanta), the Gasols, and Zbo maybe. Its even worse now that Dwight is in our division

Nah, I took into account the cap hold. Stretch would push White's salary down to 500k. Cap hold is 500k. Save 700k.

No, stretch doesn't work like that. You have to guarantee the final 3 years to stretch. Brings it down to like $900k.

Orlando source saying not done.

ESPN Lakers says Lakers still not informed.

Ramona shelbourne says Howard seemed to have mind made up before Lakers entered room, called him "emotionless." lmao

edit here it is:

ramonashelburne: Howard he seemed to have made up mind then (in Lakers mtg). Was "emotionless" wouldnt look them in eye

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 1m
Lakers source in the meeting with Howard said he seemed to have made up his mind then. Was "emotionless" and wouldnt look them in eye

KingGondo

Banned
Still drinking the Sam Presti Kool-Aid I see.

Gotta justify a franchise-killing trade somehow...
The Harden trade sucked. How much depends on how Lamb, Adams and next year's pick pan out.

Calling it "franchise-killing" is ridiculous.
Time to trade for Gortat.
That's what I want.
This is one of the reasons I thought that Spurs fans crying over Splitter's contract was stupid. Not that Splitter is a lock down post defender, but he's pretty good there and we play in the West where we'd have to face Dwight (no one ever thought he was going to the East/Atlanta), the Gasols, and Zbo maybe. Its even worse now that Dwight is in our division
Lucky for you, Dwight still sucks on offense.

Top Bottom