• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I don't see why there would be any Laker ill will towards Dwight. From the fans perspective, it's wierd, but a lot of my more casual Laker fan friends were very "meh" on whether they even wanted him back. For me, he wasn't here long enough to develop any hatred at his leaving. He played one season. Played fairly well all things considering. The team was garbage but that's not all at his feet. Plus, as I've said before, his one season as a Laker meant no more Bynum in purple and gold. For that alone I will have positive memories of his one year as a Laker.

shira

J1hGn3k.png

lawd

Tanks will roll.

I don't see why there would be any Laker ill will towards Dwight. From the fans perspective, it's wierd, but a lot of my more casual Laker fan friends were very "meh" on whether they even wanted him back. For me, he wasn't here long enough to develop any hatred at his leaving. He played one season. Played fairly well all things considering. The team was garbage but that's not all at his feet. Plus, as I've said before, his one season as a Laker meant no more Bynum in purple and gold. For that alone I will have positive memories of his one year as a Laker.

I really don't blame him at all for leaving

lakers are a mess right now

but if I'm at the game I'm booing him anyway

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 26m
Knicks pitch to FA's should be, "yes, we can only give the minimum but play here 1 year & cash in elsewhere. Look at Lin, Fields & Copeland"

seriously. ny media are probably the best hypemen ever.

bionic77

I feel bad for Houston and am glad as a Lakers fan. Would rather bottom out and play the lottery or attempt to get a true superstar than lock up that fraud for 5 more years.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

I don't get the burning of his jersey by Lakers fans. This isn't a Bron situation :|

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Copeland is a really nice pickup for the Pacers. One of the players on the Knicks who wasnt actually overhyped. Honestly a pretty big loss for them.

Forever

Banned
I don't get the burning of his jersey by Lakers fans. This isn't a Bron situation :|

They're Lakers fans. The most spoiled in the league. This is literally the first time in their history that a star FA hasn't re-signed. To them this isn't just Benedict Arnold, this is Satan bailing out of Heaven.

I feel bad for Houston and am glad as a Lakers fan. Would rather bottom out and play the lottery or attempt to get a true superstar than lock up that fraud for 5 more years.

The crazy thing is, if Houston does compete/win a title, it will be because Harden steps into that elite space with guys like 06 Wade, Durant, LBJ, ect... and in that case, Dwight will be the 2nd banana on a title team. They aren't winning if he's the number 1 option/best player.

Jonm1010

Banned
Id honesty take asik over Anderson for us but now I don't understand who the hell stretches the floor for us now?

Gordon, jrue and evans aren't great three point shooters. Average to below average at their position. I hope there is some sort of deal Demps has cooking up to give us a legit three point shooter if we're gonna give up Anderson.

Copeland is a really nice pickup for the Pacers. One of the players on the Knicks who wasnt actually overhyped. Honestly a pretty big loss for them.

not really. he could get buckets but dude 1) cant defend 2) has awful handles 3) soft as fuck. it was either him or prigs and we made the better decision.

im happy for him though. probably a dream come true making 3MM considering his come up and struggles

not really. he could get buckets but dude 1) cant defend 2) has awful handles 3) soft as fuck. it was either him or prigs and we made the better decision.

im happy for him though. probably a dream come true making 3MM considering his come up and struggles
Our bench just needs someone who can make buckets off the bench. Come off cold and heat it up. Green had his chance and fucked it up. If Copeland can do that, we be tickled pink.

Asik for Ryno makes way more sense than Asik for Smith, but I wonder where that would leave Smith and Millsap since I don't think too many teams need PFs right now.

Also, JRue-Reke-Aminu-Davis-Asik would be such a bad offense, lol.

bionic77

The crazy thing is, if Houston does compete/win a title, it will be because Harden steps into that elite space with guys like 06 Wade, Durant, LBJ, ect... and in that case, Dwight will be the 2nd banana on a title team. They aren't winning if he's the number 1 option/best player.
I agree. He isn't that type of player.

I am so relieved that he is not our problem anymore.

thekad

Banned
Why would anyone expect fairweather fans to meltdown? They'll just put away their car flags until the next star arrives.

Top Bottom