• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Phil's name has been attached to a lot of stuff this offseason.. Wonder if he will be working again next year

Phil's name has been attached to a lot of stuff this offseason.. Wonder if he will be working again next year

It's a weird situation since Jeanie will have to be in LA and only two of the four rumored offers that are somewhat known are from Charlotte and Toronto. I don't think he's the type to be so hands off he could tolerate controling things from the west coast.

If the Kings stayed in Sacramento, that'd be pretty interesting. I think the clippers could be very compelling but I'm not certain Sterling would give in to Phil's list of demands or that Phil would want to work for/with Donald.

do we actually know if Phil is good at running and managing a team?

We'll find out.

We had no idea Pat would be a good showrunner until given the chance. I think Phil ends up with a similar Pat deal. A small portion of the team and some sort of coaching duty at first for a little while then he'll put someone like Shaw in the coach's chair.

The positive coverage might be worth hiring Phil alone.

Blackace

Clay Bennett - Oklahoma City Thunder
Jim Dolan - New York Knicks
Wyc Grousbeck - Boston Celtics
Ted Leonsis - Washington Wizards
Micky Arison - Miami Heat
Greg Miller - Utah Jazz
Robert Sarver - Phoenix Suns
Herb Simon - Indiana Pacers
Larry Tanenbaum - Toronto Raptors
Glen Taylor - Minnesota Timberwolves
Peter Holt - San Antonio Spurs
Jeanie Buss - Los Angeles Lakers

moving committee.. lol

giri

Clay Bennett - Oklahoma City Thunder
Jim Dolan - New York Knicks
Wyc Grousbeck - Boston Celtics
Ted Leonsis - Washington Wizards
Micky Arison - Miami Heat
Greg Miller - Utah Jazz
Robert Sarver - Phoenix Suns
Herb Simon - Indiana Pacers
Larry Tanenbaum - Toronto Raptors
Glen Taylor - Minnesota Timberwolves
Peter Holt - San Antonio Spurs
Jeanie Buss - Los Angeles Lakers

moving committee.. lol

2 others in favor of it.

Sarver cause he's going to want to sell soon enough.

Jeanie cause the lakers have wanted to get other teams out of Cali for a while.

Blackace

2 others in favor of it.

Sarver cause he's going to want to sell soon enough.

Jeanie cause the lakers have wanted to get other teams out of Cali for a while.

yeah.. I wonder how the other owners will swing..

giri

suppose so.. but this is an odd case..

It is, but i don't see them denying the move, tbh.

If the team doesn't move now, it's just going to be an ongoing saga for another decade at which point, they'll be here again.

The new owners that sac have put together are such an unconvincing ownership group.

I really feel bad for sac though, maloofs should literally be stoned to death if they ever step foot inside the district ever again.

Shocked to see that NBADraft.net's completely sourceless rumor of Marcus Smart declaring didn't turn out to be true.

Kind of surprised more people haven't pointed out the insane amount of shit that sites makes up.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well damn Sac really did earn it. Johnson and co pushed hard to keep the team there. Sucks for Seattle though =(. If only the Pelicans could be moved otherwise next best option I see is the Bucks moving.

Also hello fellow loser bros.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Shocked to see that NBADraft.net's completely sourceless rumor of Marcus Smart declaring didn't turn out to be true.

Kind of surprised more people haven't pointed out the insane amount of shit that sites makes up.
Its the Fox News of basketball. How can you not love it?

rando14

While I was never too big on the idea of taking Sacramento's team, I have to admit I'm really disappointed. Seattle put up an incredible offer and still got turned down, which does not give me confidence on any relocation happening in the near future. Balmer himself said expansion's not happening any time soon so I guess that's that.

Lone wanderer forever, I guess.

Peter Vecsey @PeterVecsey1 about 6 hours ago
Blight Howard needs to sign with an NBA hole-in-the-wall gang where he can blame others indiscriminately and remain a child inconspicuously.
The Poison Pen has been good as gold all day with his shitting on the Lakers.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
In a brief phone conversation on Tuesday evening, Wolves owner Glen Taylor said he'll have a major announcement on the ownership front sometime in the next week.

Taylor has had talks with Chris Hansen's Seattle group, but they want to move the Wolves to Seattle, and Taylor said that's not happening.

Finally.

... draft looks terribad this year, especially in the late first round.

*sigh*

Per @Jonathan_Feigen, Bobcats have asked Rockets for permission to interview Kelvin Sampson. Sampson grew up in N.C.

DY am cry?

... draft looks terribad this year, especially in the late first round.

*sigh*

DY am cry?

He's had success wherever he's been. He has a PJ connection from coaching in Montana, he's from NC, and has a ton of experience both in college and the NBA. He'd be a fantastic hire. I couldn't care less about the recruiting violations he committed at Oklahoma and Indiana.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He's had success wherever he's been. He has a PJ connection from coaching in Montana, he's from NC, and has a ton of experience both in college and the NBA. He'd be a fantastic hire. I couldn't care less about the recruiting violations he committed at Oklahoma and Indiana.
Gentry or bust

Blackace

Does Lamar Odom count?

'03-'04 Heat

I thought he did a great job with a lineup that had rookie Wade, Eddie Jones, Odom, C. Butler, and Brian Grant

LO was pretty good in the post back then..

Top Bottom