• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

linsivvi

So Kobe being douche in meeting, yeah we got it.

Really? Seems like somebody was acting like a clown, though probably not maliciously, but that kind of behavior doesn't jell with a veteran team.

Every time you trash me to teammates, it gets back to me, witnesses said Bryant told Howard in the visiting locker room of the FedEx Forum. Every time you do one of your impersonations when I walk out of the room, I find out. Everything tumbled out of Bryant, one grievance after another, and the Lakers coaches and players sat watching the two biggest personas in the room push closer together, or irreconcilably apart.

Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen. He hated it with Shaquille O'Neal, but Shaq performed on a championship plane for the Lakers and delivered a disposition to dominate on the floor.

"Kobe talked to Dwight in a way that I don't think anyone one had ever talked to him – not in Orlando, not here, not in his life, I'm betting," one witness in the room told Yahoo! Sports. "He's been coddled, and Kobe wasn't going to coddle him."

Vahagn

Clips are scary good and barring 10+ games missed by CP3 or Blake, will be #1 seed in the west next year.

Lakers should just bring the 2010 championship band back together + Nash and Meeks and tank so hardddddd.

Oladipo looks good as a PG.

He looks awful in terms of running the point. Turns the ball over almost every time he tries to create for others.

That doesn't really matter though because he looks really good creating for himself and his handle looks okay. He looks really good as a two but the one skills aren't there at all.

Lmao Dwight must have been so shook after that team meeting in Memphis. That's some Michael to Fredo "I know it was you" shit.

I think it is safe to say Dwight just ain't about that lifeZ. Good luck in Houston.

dream

I mean, if it's true that Big Dweezy was talking shit about Kobe behind his back and doing Kobe impersonations the second Bryant walks out of the room, I'd say Dwight got off light by being verbally put in his place. By all rights, Kobe should have at least punched Dwight in the face several times. Imagine what a Gilbert Arenas or Aaron Hernandez would have done to him.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Lmao Dwight must have been so shook after that team meeting in Memphis. That's some Michael to Fredo "I know it was you" shit.

I think it is safe to say Dwight just ain't about that lifeZ. Good luck in Houston.

More like Dwight must have been laughing even harder on the inside.

"CMON DWIGHT STOP MAKING FUN OF ME" boo fucking who Kome.

Forever

Banned
I mean, if it's true that Big Dweezy was talking shit about Kobe behind his back and doing Kobe impersonations the second Bryant walks out of the room, I'd say Dwight got off light by being verbally put in his place. By all rights, Kobe should have at least punched Dwight in the face several times. Imagine what a Gilbert Arenas or Aaron Hernandez would have done to him.

I'm sure Dwight thought he was just being funny and joking around.

oh and apparently those stupid sleeve jerseys the warriors wore bothered the players' shots.

please nuke them from the world.

Who is this heretic wearing McGrady's number?
didn't know summer league stats counted towards career milestones
don't think so. was just surprised he already broke his college career high

spo rocking the championship goatee

dream

I'm sure Dwight thought he was just being funny and joking around.

Oh, I don't doubt it. That's why I'm amazed at Kobe's restraint. At that point, Kobe should have slapped Dwight in the face to let him know this ain't a motherfucking game, while Pau and Metta held the rest of the team back.

linsivvi

The fact that all those things came back to Kobe pretty much tells you how the rest of the team feels about Dwight.

More like Dwight must have been laughing even harder on the inside.

"CMON DWIGHT STOP MAKING FUN OF ME" boo fucking who Kome.

I'm sure you'd like to believe that.

Dwight never aired any grievances to Kobe's face like a man. He'd talk shit like some 17 year old high school girl and when he would be asked go say it to Kobe's face, he'd start smiling and dancing and acting like everything was cool. It's clear that most of the team had had their fill of his immaturity.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Really liked what I saw out of Oladipo. Definitely did not look like a regular PG though but its a good idea to keep him there for a while.

thekad

Banned
Not sure if the gap between Asik & G. Smith for 16 backup center minutes is any less than the gap between Terrence Jones/Motiejunas and Anderson for 30 starting power forward minutes.

Clips are scary good and barring 10+ games missed by CP3 or Blake, will be #1 seed in the west next year.

Lakers should just bring the 2010 championship band back together + Nash and Meeks and tank so hardddddd.

Team will be second rounders in the playoffs until they get good post play from their bigs.

Top Bottom