• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Clipjoint

What he said is true though, Dumars is a shitty GM. What was the purpose for the personal attack?

It was a joke, I'm a Lions fan too.

But I'll defend Dumars as a GM. He took Detroit out of the mediocrity of the teal years to a championship, back to back finals trips, and 6 trips to the Eastern Conference Finals. There are maybe only 4-5 other active GM's with a better resume than that.

For every bad move he's made, I can counter with 3 good ones.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
For every bad move he's made, I can counter with 3 good ones.

Okay, I'll bite.

Let's keep this to the past 6 seasons since that was the last time they made the ECF.

• Charlie Villanueva
  • Allen Iverson
  • Michael Curry
  • Ben Gordon
  • Austin Daye

Wow. I just watched 'Source Code' for the first time. What a great film. Prolly the best I've seen in awhile. Can't believe it took me so long to see. :O

SamuraiX-

jintY2F.png

Said no one ever...

Well, except Greivis Vasquez.

SamuraiX-

Amazing article from Woj:

Rockets give Dwight Howard what Lakers, Kobe wouldn't: unconditional love

No restraints, no mercy, no holding back. Kobe Bryant had climbed into Howard in a way that was startling, sobering, a moment of penetrating and unpleasant truths.
"Kobe talked to Dwight in a way that I don't think anyone one had ever talked to him – not in Orlando, not here, not in his life, I'm betting," one witness in the room told Yahoo! Sports. "He's been coddled, and Kobe wasn't going to coddle him."
Every executive and coach who has ever worked with Howard will tell you: He needs to be the face of the franchise and he needs unconditional love. Those weren't immediately available to him with the Lakers, and they'll be showered upon him in Houston now.
When Howard called Morey on Friday night to tell him he planned to play for the Rockets, he promised nothing but hard work and championship drive. No more free agency, no more drama, no more excuses. Howard chose Houston for himself, and there's no more blaming Kobe Bryant and Mike D'Antoni, Otis Smith and Stan Van Gundy.

did howard not get enough love from his parents or some shit? hes like a delicate fucking flower

also i find it funny last year lin was supposed to be the face of the rockets. then a month later it was harden and now howard and lin is like the 3rd string PG or some shit. still get payed tho so i doubt he gives any fucks.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Pkaz01

did howard not get enough love from his parents or some shit? hes like a delicate fucking flower

also i find it funny last year lin was supposed to be the face of the rockets. then a month later it was harden and now howard and lin is like the 3rd string PG or some shit. still get payed tho so i doubt he gives any fucks.

Probably the opposite they probably babied the shit out of him until the point where he can't function if he isnt feeling loved because he always had mommy and daddy telling him he was the best little boy in the entire world.

Dwight Coward is so bitchmade. LOL @ that James Harden slander. Dude is a willing passer and can run the pnr. He'll be much more efficient next year now that he doesn't have to take that many shots.

Derwind

Howard just wants to be loved.

He just needs to remember Bejing Ducks. That future can be arranged.

They really need a scared straight program for these NBA bitchmade players. A program they could cover in the offseason.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Dwight Coward is so bitchmade. LOL @ that James Harden slander. Dude is a willing passer and can run the pnr. He'll be much more efficient next year now that he doesn't have to take that many shots.

Howard is just part of this trend of general bitchassness that's everywhere these days in the media....

diehard

Fleer
pretty stoked to see summer league in a few hours, i really wish Kanter was there though, kid could school those guys in the post.

linsivvi

Okay, I'll bite.

Let's keep this to the past 6 seasons since that was the last time they made the ECF.

• Charlie Villanueva
  • Allen Iverson
  • Michael Curry
  • Ben Gordon
  • Austin Daye

I'll bite too.

There are maybe only 4-5 other active GM's with a better resume than that.

In no particular order:

RC Buford
Daryl Morey
Mitch Kupchak
Pat Riley
Masai Ujiri
Danny Ainge
Sam Presti
Chris Wallace
Neil Olshey
Larry Bird
Bob Myers
Flip Saunders

The Los Angeles Lakers have reached out to Lamar Odom to gauge the free agent's thoughts on returning.

lol

Fuck it bring back Farmar and Sasha too.

Kobe going to show how much you can obtain with friendship and the will to win.

linsivvi

If it's veteran min, why not? They only have 10 players on the roster assuming they bring back Sacre and sign the 2nd round pick. They have no choice but to pick up a few players anyway.

Top Bottom