• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Asik is the best rebounder in the NBA and a top 5 defender, playing 12 MPG would be pretty lame and I really understand why he wants out. He would also almost never play in the playoffs so his marginal value for the Rockets is pretty damn low with Dwight. Morey is being stupid about this.

Also, it looks like the Clippers resigned Hollins for the vet min. At least they have one backup big now. Just glad we're not overpaying Odom anymore. If we can get even one more backup big, I'll feel more comfortable.

Teriyaki

Morey's not dumb. Asik is an incredible asset he can use to land a PF, but Asik asking to be traded lowers his value now so he'll be dealt later.

Lin has no bball value given his contract but he fills seats and sells jerseys so some tanking team might take him.

Smokey

Morey's not dumb. Asik is an incredible asset he can use to land a PF, but Asik asking to be traded lowers his value now so he'll be dealt later.

Lin has no bball value given his contract but he fills seats and sells jerseys so some tanking team might take him.

Pretty much. He won't be on the team after the trade deadline. Somebody will be desperate for big and morey will pull out the swindle machine.

exarkun

Asik is the best rebounder in the NBA and a top 5 defender, playing 12 MPG would be pretty lame and I really understand why he wants out. He would also almost never play in the playoffs so his marginal value for the Rockets is pretty damn low with Dwight. Morey is being stupid about this.

This is why I wanted LMA or another great PF over Dwight, even with the understanding that while Asik may get better, Howard is already better. I echo the statement that Morey is waiting for the right trade to pop up, and that this "trade me now" stuff is hurting Morey's leverage in a possible trade.

the "yes they can" stuff is mostly just dreams. It would be amazing if McHale could somehow make it work, but with smallball lineups and the emergence of the three-shooting 4 (and occassionally 5) it just doesn't make sense for us to keep Asik when Dwight might not even be able to stay on the floor for those minutes. Morey knows this. Hes the stats guru, and he understands current trends. This is all him just waiting for the right trade.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Morey isn't "refusing" to trade Asik.

He is refusing to trade asik for the trash he is likely being offered. People saw them get Dwight and assume they can steal asik for a bunch of trash, not gonna happen.

Dallas is probably the best possible place for Asik to play and I think he'll eventually be traded to some team. He is a proven starter in the NBA and now he has to play second fiddle to a franchise that will fellate Dwight Howard the entire time he is there. I don't blame him for wanting to be traded.

Also, lol @ the Bobcats. Their front office has no fucking clue what they're doing. They should have spent this season developing Zeller and Biyombo and now their fans will have to watch Al Jefferson slowly jack up jump shots and give up on defense when the Bobcats get down. Al Jefferson, Diop, Ben Gordon, and Tyrus Thomas all making bank. Where bad contracts go to feast.

With him demanding a trade/Howard signing/No experienced option at the 4, teams are likely low balling the fuck out of the rockets.

His value is more likely to go down as the season goes on as his stats start to look bad due to not being on the floor.

The fact that it seems like the Rockets have to trade him seems like it would invite low ball offers, but Asik is a legit enough talent at this point to get some good gets even at this stage.

Asik Is making 5 mil this season. I'd be content playing him 15 mpg at that price and ship him next year when he's making 15 mil for a similar contract since he will also be an expiring.

Morey would be smart to wait.

SamuraiX-

Christ, I hope the NBA never decides to switch to these atrocious short-sleeved jerseys.

I feel like I'm watching a damn prep school team or some shit.

Nori Chan

Also, lol @ the Bobcats. Their front office has no fucking clue what they're doing. They should have spent this season developing Zeller and Biyombo and now their fans will have to watch Al Jefferson slowly jack up jump shots and give up on defense when the Bobcats get down. Al Jefferson, Diop, Ben Gordon, and Tyrus Thomas all making bank. Where bad contracts go to feast.

Thomas was amestied tho

Asik Is making 5 mil this season. I'd be content playing him 15 mpg at that price and ship him next year when he's making 15 mil for a similar contract since he will also be an expiring.

Morey would be smart to wait.

His contract only breaks down that way if he's moved back to the Bulls, otherwise it's just 8.3m each year IIRC.

His value will just go down as he continues to not play much and be upset and there's almost no marginal value of him on the team with Dwight there especially in the postseason when stars play 44+ MPG and when teams stop playing two big men.

SamuraiX-

Miles Plumlee is devouring motherfuckers on the court right now.

9 boards, 6 blocks and a sick reverse jam.

Edit: Oh my fuck, Chris Wright (some guy on Indiana's roster) just bricked a freethrow so far left of the rim that the ball almost hit the MOTHERFUCKING NBA LOGO.

aPrSITV.jpg

SamuraiX-

This Grant Jerrett kid (40th pick by OKC) is already looking like a 2nd round steal.

He just drove the ball through the hoop with Plumlee elevating with him and trying to deny it.

Fearless.

He's a horrible rebounder for a guy who's 6'10" but his offense game looks pretty decent.

This Grant Jerrett kid (40th pick by OKC) is already looking like a 2nd round steal.

He just drove the ball through the hoop with Plumlee elevating with him and trying to deny it.

Fearless.

He's a horrible rebounder for a guy who's 6'10" but his offense game looks pretty decent.

It's summer league. This might be the last time you ever see him again.

exarkun

Hate it when articles calls Dallas or Houston small market teams. Cause we aren't. San Antonio is. Houston and Dallas are large market. Even using Nielsen garbage standards, we're both in the top ten. And we're both in the top 10 in team worth. Irritating.

SamuraiX-

Dwight Buycks looks like he would be such a better backup PG for OKC over Reggie Jackson. Then again, it is kind of difficult to be more awful than Reggie Jackson.

I do think the Rockets could contend with any of the teams in the West. There's nothing wrong for projecting a team to do well.

I'm just not sure who will get in whose face and how they respond when they get smacked around. I think most 'intangible' stuff is stupid as hell but I do think in every locker room you need a mix of personalities. I'm not sure who on that team is the edgy guy or the guy who will hold others accountable/get in someone's face.

If I could put it in 2k terms there's too many 'laid back' and 'neutral', not enough 'expressive' and 'unpredictable'

SamuraiX-

That dunk was just stupid. lol

KCP looks pretty terrible so far. All his shots have looked pretty open and they haven't been close. Also, he looks like he gives no fucks defensively.

Also, it looks like the Clippers resigned Hollins for the vet min. At least they have one backup big now. Just glad we're not overpaying Odom anymore. If we can get even one more backup big, I'll feel more comfortable.

Hollins / Barnes / Collison

What do they have in common?

Top Bottom