• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

thekad

Banned
Sorry bro, but you're just gonna have to let comments like that go until they actually play a game first.

See: 2012-2013 Lakers.
People underestimated how fast and vastly the Lakers' old players would decline. I'm not talking about four double teams here. Even an average improvement from what was the youngest team in the league would have the Rockets fighting for a top 5 seed. Now add Dwight.

Vire

lol

They're as good as any team in the West.

Warriors, Spurs, Clippers and Thunder could all whoop on the Rockets. (Remember that Westbrook was out for most of the series).

They are good, young, up and coming team, but they don't have everything they need to go the distance.

I said they will likely go to the second round and I stand by that.

Warriors, Spurs, Clippers and Thunder could all whoop on the Rockets. (Remember that Westbrook was out for most of the series).

They are good, young, up and coming team, but they don't have everything they need to go the distance.

I said they will likely go to the second round and I stand by that.

Reaching the second round in the West.....is pretty good.

which is what he basically said.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Christ, I hope the NBA never decides to switch to these atrocious short-sleeved jerseys.

I feel like I'm watching a damn prep school team or some shit.

I HATE even shooting around in sleeves, I can't imagine trying to play an NBA game in sleeves. I guess maybe if you are a big with no range but anyone shooting jumpers/handling the ball? FUCK THAT!

His contract only breaks down that way if he's moved back to the Bulls, otherwise it's just 8.3m each year IIRC.

His value will just go down as he continues to not play much and be upset and there's almost no marginal value of him on the team with Dwight there especially in the postseason when stars play 44+ MPG and when teams stop playing two big men.

Yea, if that's the case then he should have been moved already. He has no role on The Rockets.

Vire

Reaching the second round in the West.....is pretty good.

which is what he basically said.

Right, it is pretty good.

But I think some of the local Houston media is setting themselves up for disappointment. I heard some chucklehead beat writer on ESPN say that it would be a colossal disappointment if this team doesn't at LEAST reach the WCF next season.

I think that's a little unreasonable to expect.

giri

Yea, if that's the case then he should have been moved already. He has no role on The Rockets.

I think part of the problem is that the rockets were really going to sign smith before he got in with Detroit.

And their fall back was millsap.

Now..... they're in a much tougher place. they now need to get LMA basically.

Smokey

We are are going to be good, but I dunno about contenders as currently constructed, and that's ok. People always want shit to happen day 1/season 1 and most of the time it doesn't work like that. Unless you're the heat or the Celtics with their big 3.

Morey needs to make some more moves before we move into true contender status but you can't find a better start then James Harden and Howard.

SamuraiX-

Now..... they're in a much tougher place. they now need to get LMA basically.

Now that would be just fucking stupid.

Harden/LMA/Dwight Big 3? Good lord. Do they even have the cap space for him?

And jeez, KCP bricks another wide open 3 horribly. Did his dog die today or something?

And just as I say that... he tries to crucify one of Brooklyn's bigs. lawd

Smokey

Right, it is pretty good.

But I think some of the local Houston media is setting themselves up for disappointment. I heard some chucklehead beat writer on ESPN say that it would be a colossal disappointment if this team doesn't at LEAST reach the WCF next season.

I think that's a little unreasonable to expect.

Who said that?

People will always have unreasonable expectations. The west is fucking loaded.

SamuraiX-

So KCP is now 0-6 FG, 0-5 3PT, 2 PF and 1 TO.

He did have a nice pseduoposterization dunk and a nice left-handed block.

His perimeter defense is pretty atrocious though. He's getting beat off the dribble by every guy they put him on.

Edit: Now 0-6 3PT... bear in mind that most of these shots have been pretty wide open.

Edit2: 0-7 3PT... another wide open 3 and nothing but air.....

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think the Thunder vs Rockets(if Dwight plays as well as I think he will) would be a dope series. No clear winner to me.

Perkins would be the hero of the series by psycing Dwight out using his special ability "unpleasant demeanor". Dwight can't handle that shit.... and presti's decisions these last few seasons will be redeemed.....

linsivvi

His contract only breaks down that way if he's moved back to the Bulls, otherwise it's just 8.3m each year IIRC.

For cap calculating purposes, yes, but somebody still will have to pay him $15M next year, which is his actual salary. Also, are you sure if he's traded back to the Bulls the contract would revert back to as if the Bulls matched? I can't find that anywhere.

His perimeter defense is pretty atrocious though. He's getting beat off the dribble by every guy they put him on.

Edit: Now 0-6 3PT... bear in mind that most of these shots have been pretty wide open.

New AfroSwag is here

It's his first fucking game of pro ball. Enough with the overreaction. You sound like these twitter clowns who blow every little thing out of proportion.

Drummond's stat line, lmao.

1-6 from the field
1-4 from the line
6 turnovers
9 rebounds
5 blocks
3 steals

lol

For cap calculating purposes, yes, but somebody still will have to pay him $15M next year, which is his actual salary. Also, are you sure if he's traded back to the Bulls the contract would revert back to as if the Bulls matched? I can't find that anywhere.

I thought I read that on an article, but now I can't find it, sorry. Maybe I'm wrong there.

exarkun

peeton siva actually playing like a point guard

ill be damned

This. I actually am enjoying watching him.

Pope is agressive, who cares if his shot is off.

Drummond is a man among boys out there. In every category except offense, since he can't finish. But gotdamn he has nice hands. And da block party

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Is Kyle Singler not playing for the Pistons in this game? Kinda surprised but I guess they know what he is after last season.

SamuraiX-

After one half...

PAZq1Ye.png

VXD6FOK.png

His mechanics have looked pretty solid and it doesn't look like he's rushing but most of these shots have been open, practice-gym quality shots and he's missed them all pretty badly.

He probably just needs to get his first one down and he'll be ok. He has a lot of work to do on his perimeter D though.

Tyshawn Taylor doesn't even looks like he deserves to be in summer league.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
We are are going to be good, but I dunno about contenders as currently constructed, and that's ok. People always want shit to happen day 1/season 1 and most of the time it doesn't work like that. Unless you're the heat or the Celtics with their big 3.

Morey needs to make some more moves before we move into true contender status but you can't find a better start then James Harden and Howard.

I wish most at clutchfans thought like this.

Top Bottom