• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

linsivvi

Kaman's efficiency is horrible because he can't get to the line while simultaneously being hugely turnover-prone (he even has negative offensive win shares for his career, lol). His defense is terrible and he's super fragile. I don't know if he's going to get much more.

Well then I hope then other teams mentioned get him. We need to protect the tank.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It was always meant to happen Lakers-age. It's been in the making for years :p

sF10klN.jpg

SamuraiX-

Just watched highlights of MCW from earlier today.

Love his aggressiveness. He definitely isn't afraid of contact. Sure, he's turnover prone and 26 points on 23 shots is meh but at least he's not as bitchmade as Evan Turner.

Just watched highlights of MCW from earlier today.

Love his aggressiveness. He definitely isn't afraid of contact. Sure, he's turnover prone and 26 points on 23 shots is meh but at least he's not as bitchmade as Evan Turner.

He is basically Turner with hops and no feels.

exarkun

Love the Tank Commander moniker.

There are so few of them, but you know em when you see em. One would think Derek Fisher would have been a great tank commander the last few years.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Love the Tank Commander moniker.

There are so few of them, but you know em when you see em. One would think Derek Fisher would have been a great tank commander the last few years.

Naw, Derek Fisher represents Veteran Leadership and Championship Experience

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
3 years at 3.25 a yr

Outrageous!!

Lockout be damned

Oh wait

exarkun

thats good for Delfino. Played an increasingly important role as the year went on with us, and did well until he got injured. Dude can hit some clutch threes.

I'm pretty sure Alex Kennedy's next tweet is gonna be: "Sources say Atlanta Hawks fans are hitting themselves in the balls with baseball bats. Repeatedly. Story developing."

Interesting ESPN LA article on the Lakers and Howard

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...here-do-los-angeles-lakers-go-here?src=mobile

During his brief meeting with Howard last Tuesday, D'Antoni said very little. When Howard told him he just didn't think he'd ever be comfortable playing in his system, the coach showed him how his statistics last season had been some of the best in his career, he actually touched the ball in the post far more than he realized, and reminded him that he'd led the league in rebounding.

That tension came back to the surface when Bryant and Nash met with Howard last Tuesday. Howard came at them hard, telling them how upset he was that they never publicly went to bat to for him while he was injured.

He felt like they'd disrespected the effort he'd given by coming back from back surgery so quickly. He felt like they had done little to mitigate the criticism he was hearing for his play.

Bryant and Nash were stunned. He'd never told them any of this before, or asked them to defend him publicly. They'd known he was injured and appreciated he came back to play many months before the initial time frame given following his back surgery, but the code among players is that if you don't say anything to your teammates about an injury, it's something you can handle on your own. If you need help, you tell your teammates and they close ranks around you, defending your honor to the public and on the court.

Howard never asked that of his teammates. He'd tried to play his way back into shape after back surgery, and soldiered on after he tore the labrum in his shoulder, even with a long-term contract on the line. But instead of getting credit for such acts, he'd heard constant criticism. And over the course of a long, trying season, that wore on him.

Why weren't people rushing to his defense? Why wasn't he getting credit for playing with so much pain? Was he supposed to ask for help? But if he did, wouldn't that be making excuses?

Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 9h
What DH brings to the game is power and D. This past year didn’t show due it to rehab and confusion. If he is better of an Astro, so be it.

Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11 10h
Reflection on DHoward’s exodus. He left a distaste in Lakerland The Lakers will be fine. Pau fits MDA’s style of Off-it was about the future

Howard skipping ahead and chasing Jordan without worrying about those pesky NBA titles. I hope D12 can catch up to the fastballs.

Bread

Banned
ok i'm close to believing advanced stats gaf's hype for KO

7' guys with skills don't come around too often. i can see him becoming dirk lite.

Top Bottom