• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I like how Boozer is being held on a pedestal even though he has more shots to take in Chicago and people are ignoring the fact that since Boozer's been in Chicago 1/3 of his postseason games have been single digit scoring

SamuraiX-

GtIR6N8.png

rfaAJNZ.png

OmOgO26.png

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Update on Cavs' pursuit on Andrew Bynum: ESPN sources say Bynum scheduled to be in Cleveland today for face-to-face recruiting sitdown

The only things that Bosh can do much better than Boozer is shotblock and flop. Boozer had been a excellent shooter over the years and definitely has regressed a bit, but I'm not going to say Bosh is MUCH better yet.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I was way off on Boozer. I must have had Amare and JJ's contracts from that year stuck in my head. I've thought all this time he was making insane money. Thanks for that correction.

I also didn't know Boozer was a better passer, because I simply don't watch enough Bulls games. The few games I've seen him play, he's looked nothing special. Noah does the majority of the facilitating down low on that team.

Bosh's postseason wasn't that bad. First two rounds were good for him. Indy series he had a terrible matchup made worse by really harsh treatment from the refs. Finals was a poor series for him though. Credit to Tim for reviving some old magic too, Bosh made him work for it. I agree on the motivation though. Bosh will disappear sometimes if he's not involved offensively. It's probably the biggest knock against him. PEACE.
The Bulls series wasn't good for him. He averaged like 13 ppg, while Boozer averaged 15. Irrelevant, though, because the Heat won. Either way, yeah, Boozer isn't overpaid. If you look at the market for PF's, and what other PF's are making, he's actually paid exactly what a PF averaging a bit more than 16 and 10 on 50% shooting would be making. It's just Bulls fans who want you to think that he's overpaid because he's not averaging 20 and 10 (something no PF in the league is averaging).

Also, Boozer is a great passer. It's just that Noah is a great passer too. They're both better facilitators than whoever is playing the point on the Bulls.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I like how Boozer is being held on a pedestal even though he has more shots to take in Chicago and people are ignoring the fact that since Boozer's been in Chicago 1/3 of his postseason games have been single digit scoring
We're talking this postseason only. And nobody is acting like Boozer had an AMAZING postseason, it's just that Bosh had a really bad one. Boozer may have had more shots, but he was the only offensive option the Bulls had really. When you consider that he was getting double or triple teamed essentially whenever he got the ball, it's impressive.

Pimpwerx

Even when Miami played against the Bulls in the playoffs, Boozer arguably outperformed Bosh, which is amazing because he was being guarded by a bad defender (Boozer) and a one legged Noah.

Hmmm...

Bosh 2nd rd: 13.6ppg - 8.6rpg - 2apb - 2.2bpg - 0.8spg - 50% fg
Boozer 2nd rd: 15ppg - 8.2rpg - 0.8apg - 0.2bpg - 1.2spg - 42% fg

Bosh scored slightly fewer points, but on better efficiency, and played actual defense. He was the reason the Bulls' savior in the previous series (Noah) couldn't go off. If scoring 1.4 more points and grabbing a half steal per game, while doing literally nothing on the other side of the floor is outplaying Bosh, then Boozer should be an MVP candidate. By any conceivable metric, Bosh outplayed Boozer. This is a case of the eye lying. Much like people thinking Birdman and Bosh played well together, when stats suggested they didn't. PEACE.

The only things that Bosh can do much better than Boozer is shotblock and flop. Boozer had been a excellent shooter over the years and definitely has regressed a bit, but I'm not going to say Bosh is MUCH better yet.
Well you'd be wrong

Boozer shot 38% from mid range this year, Which isn't bad.

Bosh, however shot 53% from midrange. Bosh is a vastly better shooter than boozer.

Kelly Olynyk's highlight's from yesterday

Hmmm...

Bosh scored slightly fewer points, but on better efficiency, and played actual defense. He was the reason the Bulls' savior in the previous series (Noah) couldn't go off. If scoring 1.4 more points and grabbing a half steal per game, while doing literally nothing on the other side of the floor is outplaying Bosh, then Boozer should be an MVP candidate. By any conceivable metric, Bosh outplayed Boozer. This is a case of the eye lying. Much like people thinking Birdman and Bosh played well together, when stats suggested they didn't. PEACE.
Didn't Bosh have a 20 & 19 game against the Bulls in the second round?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hmmm...

Noah was not the savior of the previous series (Nets). He just wasn't. He had a horrible first few games, and didn't come alive until the end. Boozer was the savior in that series. He averaged 17.4 ppg, almost 11 rpg on 55% shooting.

Like I said, if you consider that Boozer had no help in that Heat series (no Deng, no Hinrich to set up shots, and a one footed Noah), it's impressive. At the very least, neither Bosh or Boozer outplayed each other.

BTW, don't give Bosh the credit for what plantar fascitis did.

Teriyaki

I need some advanced stats on Boozer like his PER against players taller than him or how frequent the stats guys give him a rebound when he yells "Gimmie dat!" versus whether he actually got dat or not.

Smokey

Heard on radio that the rockets plan to actually have an offense this year. Morey said they primarily player the way they did last year because they had so many new and young pieces that they just let them play. The style was going to have to change anyway due to Dwight, but at its good to see they at least recognized and acknowledged they were just free ballin

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I need some advanced stats on Boozer like his PER against players taller than him or how frequent the stats guys give him a rebound when he yells "Gimmie dat!" versus whether he actually got dat or not.
Boozer taught Taj how to read (to an extent). That has to count for something.

Pimpwerx

Noah was not the savior of the previous series (Nets). He just wasn't. He had a horrible first few games, and didn't come alive until the end. Boozer was the savior in that series. He averaged 17.4 ppg, almost 11 rpg on 55% shooting.

Like I said, if you consider that Boozer had no help in that Heat series (no Deng, no Hinrich to set up shots, and a one footed Noah), it's impressive. At the very least, neither Bosh or Boozer outplayed each other.

BTW, don't give Bosh the credit for what plantar fascitis did.
I might have exaggerated a bit with Noah there. LOL!

We'll agree to disagree then. I get what you're saying though. Bulls fans have been harsh to Boozer. Then again, I can only assume some of them were mistaken about the amount of money he's making, like I was. That's the only reason I've been so harsh to the guy over the years. I mean...he's still not playing up to his contract, but he's still productive and seems like a good teammate. PEACE.

EDIT: What's up with Sheed rocking the Celtics cap but Pistons staffer shirt?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I might have exaggerated a bit with Noah there. LOL!

We'll agree to disagree then. I get what you're saying though. Bulls fans have been harsh to Boozer. Then again, I can only assume some of them were mistaken about the amount of money he's making, like I was. That's the only reason I've been so harsh to the guy over the years. I mean...he's still not playing up to his contract, but he's still productive and seems like a good teammate. PEACE.

EDIT: What's up with Sheed rocking the Celtics cap but Pistons staffer shirt?
Progress is being made. You have to give Bulls fans a break, though. Math isn't their strong point. Remember, most of them probably attended a Chicago public school.

SamuraiX-

Harkless tries to stuff. Roberson fouls him and denies the dunk. Harkless throws Roberson's arm away.

Roberson: "I'M HERE ALL DAY!"

Love it. lol

Interesting. So who would be the teams knocking Miami off the pedestal? If you don't think we'll even make the Finals this year, then who out East has actually gotten better? I don't think Rose gets Chicago over the hump. I don't know if Indiana can expect Wade and Battier to be that worthless again. I don't think the Nets are going to be healthy enough.

Wade and Battier don't have to be worthless for the Pacers to improve and have a shot at knocking out the Heat. Paul George will actually train as if he's the top dog on the team, so his conditioning will be better. David West is another year away from his injury, as he showed improvement last year from the year before. Copeland from the Knicks should help the bench scoring. Biggest loss of the offseason was Psycho T Hansbrough, and it isn't confirmed that he isn't coming back yet.

Most importantly: Indiana will get Danny Granger. If he starts, it means Lance Stephenson is the sixth man and he started for most of last season. If he doesn't start, he should give a much needed boost to the second unit. Either way is a win for the team.

I'm not saying the Pacers are going to beat the Heat, but for a young team that was a game away from doing so, they have a damn good shot.

The absolute worst part about Jamison is his D is exactly as bad as advertised. That would worry me on a squad that looks dreadful on paper defensively as is.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ZaFEbB2.png

4/16 FG, 1-9 3PT

So Spears says some bullshit like this after watching only the last few minutes of a game. So long, credibility!

bwahahaha wut

lol he deleted the tweet

From what I've heard, our backup bigs are essentially the same, but we are swapping Odom for Jamison. Seems like an upgrade, at least in terms of a player having his head in the game.

No, Odom's defense is much better than Jamison's and defense is desperately needed for a third big when you're starting Griffin and Jordan

Westlo

I hate Bosh on that team. His game seven performance was fucking disgraceful. Boozer would have been a better fit in Miami because Boozer is actually a better rebounder and Boozer has a solid mid range game. I cringe every time Bosh jacks up a three. At least you wouldn't see Boozer lurking around the three point line in games. I love how you say Bosh can rebound when motivated. When is he ever motivated? Miami was very lucky they got Birdman because his rebounding was invaluable.

Da fuck is this.

The sight of Boozer trying to defend Miami style would be fucking hilarious.

Top Bottom