• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I like how Boozer is being held on a pedestal even though he has more shots to take in Chicago and people are ignoring the fact that since Boozer's been in Chicago 1/3 of his postseason games have been single digit scoring

I'll take single digit scoring and rebounding over non existent rebounding and a goose egg in a game seven any day of the week.

Forever

Banned
Out of boredom I'm going to start grading these scrubs after each Nets Summer League game I watch. From yesterday...

Toko Shengelia: F I hope this was just nerves because it looked like he actively regressed from last year.

Tyshawn Taylor: F Yo this motherfucker says he's a point guard but I'm not sure he actually knows what an assist is.

Mason Plumlee: A- This is my dude. Just needs to work on ball security but that can be taught.

Damion James: B+ Guy quietly had a very good game except for all the turnovers. Wouldn't mind inviting him to camp. We need someone behind Pierce and I'm not sure I trust Bogdanovic.

I'll take better defense and the win.

Not an apt comparison considering Mr. Adidas did not want to return, Deng was in the hospital, Noah was playing on one leg, and the team was starting Bellinelli. Fair is fair. Bosh plays on a loaded team. It's safe to say that Boozer's numbers would improve even more if he played for Miami. I still think they need to post Bosh more.

B+ Damion James: Guy quietly had a very good game except for all the turnovers. Wouldn't mind inviting him to camp. We need someone behind Pierce and I'm not sure I trust Bogdanovic.

I read this as Damon Jones

nba_g_jones_195.jpg

I'll take single digit scoring and rebounding over non existent rebounding and a goose egg in a game seven any day of the week.

I'll take having two rings over one or zero

You're taking one game and telling me that is who Bosh is...Boozer is perfectly capable of laying the exact same goose egg. Boozer has had as many bad games in the postseason as Bosh and he has played in significantly less games with more touches and without two ball dominant wings

the bulls don't even play boozer in crunch time a lot

I'll take having two rings over one or zero

You're taking one game and telling me that is who Bosh is...Boozer is perfectly capable of laying the exact same goose egg. Boozer has had as many bad games in the postseason as Bosh and he has played in significantly less games with more touches

the bulls don't even play boozer in crunch time a lot

The two rings argument is so fucking stupid because we have no idea if Miami would have won two rings with Boozer instead of Bosh. Who knows, Miami may have beaten Dallas with Boozer. That's not my argument anyway. My argument is that Boozer's game is better suited for Miami than Bosh's. Also, show me where Boozer has dropped zero points in a closeout game.

KingGondo

Banned
:lol

After reading Daily Thunder's recap, I'm not worried. He took too many pull-up outside shots instead of driving and forcing contact. YNB and KD will teach him our FThunder ways.

Also, there's no doubt he'll get tons of open jumpers when he's on the floor with our actual first team instead of the off-the-dribble garbage he settled for today.

Another interesting note: Tibor Pleiss, a German 7-footer who we drafted in 2010, was at the game today. Wonder if Presti is considering bringing him over?

The two rings argument is so fucking stupid because we have no idea if Miami would have won two rings with Boozer instead of Bosh. Who knows, Miami may have beaten Dallas with Boozer. That's not my argument anyway. My argument is that Boozer's game is better suited for Miami than Bosh's. Also, show me where Boozer has dropped zero points in a closeout game.

your argument is extremely weak too because it is all a bunch of unknowns

show me some kind of stat that would prove boozer is a better fit for miami instead of using zero points closeout game over and over again

also after the finals the heat were the luckiest team and there was no way they would...today you are saying they are gonna win. make up your mind.

your argument is extremely weak too because it is all a bunch of unknowns

show me some kind of stat that would prove boozer is a better fit for miami instead of using zero points closeout game over and over again

also after the finals the heat were the luckiest team and there was no way they would...today you are saying they are gonna win. make up your mind.

I already have. He outperformed Bosh this post season on a worse team. A team that had to start bench players and even some of those guys ended up getting injured. Boozer does not have the luxury of teams doubling Wade and Lebron like Bosh does. And yet he still had a better playoff run than him.

Bosh's defense is overrated. For example, David West and Duncan both had very big games against him.

I already have. He outperformed Bosh this post season on a worse team. A team that had to start bench players and even some of those guys ended up getting injured. Boozer does not have the luxury of teams doubling Wade and Lebron like Bosh does. And yet he still had a better playoff run than him.

boozer gets really passive with rose on the team. if you think his worse midrange shooting and worse defense would complement wade and bron more...and that one good playoff round against brooklyn means he had a better postseason performance then we are just way off

Bosh's defense is overrated. For example, David West and Duncan both had very big games against him.
bosh didn't defend west once. Hibbert is taller and bigger than bosh, who is playoff out of his

The only thing boozer does better is rebound better.

SamuraiX-

So I actually really like MCW.

He looks comfortable handling the ball and penetrating. Pretty solid PG instincts.

His defensive awareness and understanding as well as his lateral quickness to stay in front of the ball are all pretty terrible though.

People are literally arguing boozer over bosh. Literally. Fuck outta here. Bosh if anything was overdue for a no show. Prior to this year where Spo started to get all experimenty, bosh had postseason runs where he was more consistent than even LBJ, don't think I have to mention Wade. It's like 2011 never happened. An he came up huge last year.

Also Duncan had three games out of seven where he shot under 45%. Plus one .455. He had some ok games and a monster game but bosh did as good as a job as anyone defending him.

Quit trying to cherry pick random games to push your bullshit theories.

bionic77

I thought Heat fans hated Bosh?

I guess for the few fans that stayed and continued to watch until the end of game 6 they are a pretty loyal group.

Personally I think Bosh is an amazing 3rd option. He is in the perfect situation in Miami.

Pimpwerx

But you're completely wrong there. Bosh spaces the floor better, which is why we have him playing the way he does. So eventhough we've limited him to one aspect of his game, he is still elite at that area compared to Boozer. If we asked Bosh to do any more than just shoot, the gap between him and Boozer stretches even more.

Basically you're saying Boozer is a better fit because he rebounds better (though not in their head-to-head series, ironically). That's a pretty shallow analysis, given how important Bosh's shooting is on offense and his rotations are on defense. Bosh is an immeasurably better fit for Miami than Boozer. I said this when we signed him, and I maintain it to this day. You're nuts. You can have Booz and all the great things he brings to the game. Bosh is a huge part of the Heat's success, eventhough he doesn't put up the same scoring and rebounding numbers. His role has changed, not his talent level. PEACE.

I thought Heat fans hated Bosh?

I guess for the few fans that stayed and continued to watch until the end of game 6 they are a pretty loyal group.

Personally I think Bosh is an amazing 3rd option. He is in the perfect situation in Miami.
Bosh won me over in 2011. His offensive game is amazing when its on and he can defend when he tries. Dude needs more touches, maybe more than wade at this point. He only got 5 shots in game 7.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
boozer gets really passive with rose on the team. if you think his worse midrange shooting and worse defense would complement wade and bron more...and that one good playoff round against brooklyn means he had a better postseason performance then we are just way off
Passive with Rose on the team? Are you going back like two years or something? With Rose there to take the pressure off of him a bit, Boozer averaged nearly 18 points, 10 rebounds on better than 50% shooting, during his first year with the Bulls. He's barely played with Rose since then.

Boozer is a great mid range shooter, and with Wade and LeBron commanding double teams, his numbers likely would really benefit. He may very well be a better fit than Bosh (even if Bosh is objectively better), since Boozer would make up for the Heat's main weakness (rebounding). Either way, it's an irrelevant debate. The Heat won, so they made the right decision.

EDIT: Let's not forget, Boozer's contract is $30 mil less than Bosh's. You could use that money to sign better players around the team.

Boozer scored 83 in practice one day.
Don't act like that doesn't count. He roasted Taj that day.

Passive with Rose on the team? Are you going back like two years or something? With Rose there to take the pressure off of him a bit, Boozer averaged nearly 18 points, 10 rebounds on better than 50% shooting, during his first year with the Bulls. He's barely played with Rose since then.

Boozer is a great mid range shooter, and with Wade and LeBron commanding double teams, his numbers likely would really benefit. He may very well be a better fit than Bosh (even if Bosh is objectively better), since Boozer would make up for the Heat's main weakness (rebounding). Either way, it's an irrelevant debate. The Heat won, so they made the right decision.

EDIT: Let's not forget, Boozer's contract is $30 mil less than Bosh's. You could use that money to sign better players around the team.
Boozer isn't a great midrange shooter, he hits it at around 38%, that's ok. There is no midrange shooter better than Bosh(53%). Bosh is the ultimate floor spacer.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Boozer isn't a great midrange shooter, he hits it at around 38%, that's ok. There is no midrange shooter better than Bosh(53%). Bosh is the ultimate floor spacer.
That's not really a fair comparison, though. Boozer routinely gets double and triple teamed on the Bulls. On the Heat, he would be wide open way more and he would play with better facilitators. Like I've said, though, this is a silly debate. The Heat have won two in a row and will win again next year. Why would they regret signing any of their players? Bosh went scoreless in game 7, and they still won. He had a bad postseason, and they still won. Clearly, that position isn't that important. Boozer and Bosh aren't that different from one another. They would have still won with Boozer. Maybe with Boozer's cheaper contract, they could have signed a decent C, though.

lol what was the point of MCW playing full court defense right there? he didn't apply any pressure at all.
That's not really a fair comparison, though. Boozer routinely gets double and triple teamed on the Bulls. On the Heat, he would be wide open way more and he would play with better facilitators. Like I've said, though, this is a silly debate. The Heat have won two in a row and will win again next year. Why would they regret signing any of their players? Bosh went scoreless in game 7, and they still won. He had a bad postseason, and they still won. Clearly, that position isn't that important. Boozer and Bosh aren't that different from one another. They would have still won with Boozer. Maybe with Boozer's cheaper contract, they could have signed a decent C, though.
i doubt it. boozer's defense is reallyy bad.

but whatever boozer will booz and bosh will bosh

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Taj couldn't show his face in the locker room afterwards.

I love me some Boozer
, because he's a Blue Devil
. Yeah, he has his weaknesses, but dude's acquitted himself pretty well for a second rounder.
Taj has to wear a Rey Mysterio mask during practice now. I'm not even kidding.

I think people forget that Boozer was a second round pick. For being one, he's come a very long way. From a non-guaranteed contract to $15 mil a year while playing for one of the top 30 franchises in the NBA? That's really impressive.

SamuraiX-

MCW shooting 4-19 FG...

I regret everything.

And his defense is absolutely painful to watch.

Knux, I hope you're prepared to watch opposing backcourts drop 70 points on you guys every night that MCW gets +20 minutes of playing time.

But you know what, for all the shit that we're giving him, 7 assists and 0 turnovers is pretty nice. Then again, he's making up for that awesome AST/TO ratio by shooting turnovers...

And this is the point where you conveniently forget that heat were on the ropes against Boston without Bosh last year. Not to mention his dagger threes in G7. Booze would have them doe amirite?

MCW is 12-41 so far in the Summer League, lol.

edit: Now 12-42

MCW shooting 4-19 FG...

I regret everything.

And his defense is absolutely painful to watch.

Knux, I hope you're prepared to watch opposing backcourts drop 70 points on you guys every night that MCW gets +20 minutes of playing time.

But you know what, for all the shit that we're giving him, 7 assists and 0 turnovers is pretty nice. Then again, he's making up for that awesome AST/TO ratio by shooting turnovers...

I can't even.

our second rounder blows chunks too.

Noel's knee is going to die confirmed.
'
Hinkie is no wizard.

;_;

mcw looks to score way too much given his lack of skill

Part of me wants to believe that this is due to his teammates being worse but....i doubt it.

fuck everything

SoulPlaya

more money than God
And this is the point where you conveniently forget that heat were on the ropes against Boston without Bosh last year. Not to mention his dagger threes in G7.
Carlos Boozer would not have gotten injured, and thus, he wouldn't have been missing those games. Either way, we were talking about this postseason, but whatever.

There, now go back into your hole.

SamuraiX-

MCW is 12-41 so far in the Summer League, lol.

edit: Now 12-42

Oh wow...

And the scary thing is... there aren't many guys left on Philly's roster that will rob him of all these shot attempts. lawd

He really needs to focus more on creating for others. He's looked pretty great in that regard.

Top Bottom