• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
eigYXYk.png

Nuggets games are gonna be pretty painful to watch next season.
Poor Igoudala.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
nvm, I misunderstood something. I thought Iggy was going BACK to Denver.

"The Golden State Warriors are in advanced discussions on a three-way, sign-and-trade scenario centered on delivering a trade exception and Utah Jazz free agent Randy Foye to the Denver Nuggets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Andre Iguodala

In the deal, which could be finalized on Monday, Denver would sign-and-trade forward Andre Iguodala to Golden State for the four-year, $48 million contract he had agreed to sign with the Warriors. This would create a $12 million trade exception that the Nuggets would have a full year to use before it expires.

Utah would sign-and-trade Foye to Denver on a three-year, $9 million deal, with a team option on the third season, sources said. "

Monta Ellis? God damn it. Is the Kings FO only going after ex-Warriors now? If Kings pay Monta close to or more than the amount Tyreke's contract was worth, then Pete DA has no fucking clue about being a good GM.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I have no idea what Milwaukee has done the last 2 years. I wonder if that team is run by the same people that green lit The Lone Ranger.

Exist? Frankly, Seattle should try stealing them cuz I'm convinced that there is no such thing as a Milwaukee Bucks fan.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Monta Ellis? God damn it. Is the Kings FO only going after ex-Warriors now? If Kings pay Monta close to or more than the amount Tyreke's contract was worth, then Pete DA has no fucking clue about being a good GM.
They do it with coaches too

Vahagn

Just because you played through injuries doesn't make you an expert on all injuries therefore you should stfu...

Telling the press is idiotic on so many levels

He told Dwight to play through the labrum a week after he was medically cleared, the same injury he had and successfully played with years ago. FFS y'all acting like he told Dwight to forego surgery on his back and risk his ability to stand.

Phil used to go to the media all the time to prod players. Kobe spent a decade around that, it's got to have rubbed off on him. And btw, it worked. Dwight came back and we went on our run.

The fact that Dwight bolted because of something like that means fuck him, Kobe had to deal with that shit weekly from Shaq and Phil when he was much younger. Grow some thick skin. Even Pau's soft ass handles all the media criticisms and trade rumors and MDA benchings better than Dwight.

Edit: I said all along he should go to Houston, it's the best fit for him in a basketball perspective, he won't have to worry about a rebuild or reload or whatever. But if he went because he didn't like how Nash and Kobe treated him in the media, or because he didn't like the LA media criticism as had been suggested by Woj and Shelbourne. That's bitch made

Blackace

Yeah totally bitch made to not want to work with assholes

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So I just saw video of coach Kidd on YouTube getting that tech.... Lol man. The transition into being a coach from being a player has to be a bitch. Then to have to do it in one off season.... Smh

Dwight is easily one if the biggest clowns in the league, and Kobe is notoriously known as a bad teammate who expects everybody to keep up with his insane work ethic. The two definitely don't mix.

One of those personalities breeds rings though. Dwight just ain't about that life and I don't think he has the skills nor the body at this point to overcome the lack thereof. I think another round with the lakers was his best shot at a chip. He could have outlast Kobe there and you know they would find somebody eventually. The FO was already seemingly hinting that he would have more pull than Kobe, dude should've let his sack drop and assert himself. This rockets squad will still develop by Hardens drum and he's a few years off from being a superstar me thinks.

Vahagn

Yeah totally bitch made to not want to work with assholes

Indeed. Bitchmade to get your feelings hurt that the team captain told you they need you to play now that you're medically cleared so that your team can make the playoffs. Oh the inhumanity.

Indeed. Bitchmade to get your feelings hurt that the team captain told you they need you to play now that you're medically cleared so that your team can make the playoffs. Oh the inhumanity.

Kobe and your front office is not innocent in this whatsoever. Although you'd probably like to believe that. They signed Pringles and that completely destroyed your front court. Having Gasol turn into a spot up shooter was hilarious. Kobe is regarded as an awful teammate that has thrown his teammates under the bus and has unbelievably high standards. If Dwight Howard doesn't want to play with a shitty coach and a player that has high standards coming off of major achilles surgery I would call that smart more than anything. Your Lakers team is going to be a fucking disaster next year because Kobe is not going to come back 100% and I guarantee you he'll start shitting on the team as soon as things start to go south.

Kobe and your front office is not innocent in this whatsoever. Although you'd probably like to believe that. They signed Pringles and that completely destroyed your front court. Having Gasol turn into a spot up shooter was hilarious. Kobe is regarded as an awful teammate that has thrown his teammates under the bus and has unbelievably high standards. If Dwight Howard doesn't want to play with a shitty coach and a player that has high standards coming off of major achilles surgery I would call that smart more than anything. Your Lakers team is going to be a fucking disaster next year because Kobe is not going to come back 100% and I guarantee you he'll start shitting on the team as soon as things start to go south.

Which will be the first game of the season at this rate. The Laker's roster is garbage without Kobe.

Dantoni is better than McHale, equal at worst so that point is awfully moot. I also don't see whats wrong with having high standards for a max contract player and "best center in the league". Keep coddling though.

Smokey

Dantoni is better than McHale, equal at worst so that point is awfully moot. I also don't see whats wrong with having high standards for a max contract player and "best center in the league". Keep coddling though.

Both are average to bad, but at least mchale knows his personnel and adjusts accordingly. D'Antoni is stubborn as fuck.

Blackace

lol... This is silly talking to you about this. Because D12 never demanded a trade he played out his contract and owes the Lakers, Kobe, nor you nothing. He didn't like the work environment calling him bitchmade because Kobe has horrible people skills is laughable even by your 24 tinted glasses

Blackace

Mike D is good with a team that is exactly like his team in Phx.. he hasn't been good with any other

lol... This is silly talking to you about this. Because D12 never demanded a trade he played out his contract and owes the Lakers, Kobe, nor you nothing. He didn't like the work environment calling him bitchmade because Kobe has horrible people skills is laughable even by your 24 tinted glasses

Don't engage him, you'll only make him stronger!

What's hilarious to me are the Laker fans acting like the organization didn't want Dwight when Laker's management offered D12 a max contract.

effzee

Problem is that Dantoni is only good in one system and instead of adjusting to his players, he forces his system.

If McHale runs an offense that caters more towards Howard, then Dwight will be a much more efficient player.

If he feels more comfortable playing with Harden and under McHale then its not a dumb move. They are contenders in the West.

SAS going off on the Lakers right now on First Take. Also claiming for sure Lebron will opt out next summer, with possible suitors being LA, Cleveland, and NYK. Probably won't be going to LA cause that isn't his scene but if Dwayne is hurt and the East is reloaded he might look to move. Also claims Carmelo will want out of NYK because of their cap space and because the Knicks can't win it all. Melo would look to go to Lakers.

Blackace

Don't engage him, you'll only make him stronger!

What's hilarious to me are the Laker fans acting like the organization didn't want Dwight when Laker's management offered D12 a max contract.

We will see

linsivvi

SAS going off on the Lakers right now on First Take. Also claiming for sure Lebron will opt out next summer, with possible suitors being LA, Cleveland, and NYK. Probably won't be going to LA cause that isn't his scene but if Dwayne is hurt and the East is reloaded he might look to move. Also claims Carmelo will want out of NYK because of their cap space and because the Knicks can't win it all. Melo would look to go to Lakers.

SAS is full of shit.

No chance Lebron is going to leave after repeating. He's not stupid.

lol @ SAS...Carmelo is going to go to LA to play with a definitely aged, possibly broken-down Kobe in a rebuilding situation AND play for D'Antoni again? Lebron is going to leave MIA...to go to NY?

Makes sense.

The Heat went to 2 game sevens this year, were fortunate to have both at home. I'm not ready to schedule next year's parade just yet.

If they lose, if Wade shows more signs of accumulated wear and tear, and if other contenders are continuously emerging, the future in Miami could be bleak and James could look to leave. Bosh is also ripe for further regression.

The sentimental, "set things right" move would be to go back to Cleveland and try to make it work. With the same owner and now the same coach, not sure that it's probable. The cynical move would be LA. The "save basketball" move would be the Knicks.

Put me down at 25% Cavs, 25% Knicks, 49% Heat, 1% Lakers.

Summerleague again.

Key matchups:

Oladipo vs Lamb (though Dipo might run the 1 again)

Olynyk vs Drummond

MCW vs Knux's Sanity

Really keeping my eye out for Olynyk v Drummond. If he manages to hold his own against that monster of a man I'm probably going to blow my brains out unless Porter looks completely dominant Saturday.

Summerleague again.

Key matchups:

Oladipo vs Lamb (though Dipo might run the 1 again)

Olynyk vs Drummond

MCW vs Knux's Sanity

Really keeping my eye out for Olynyk v Drummond. If he manages to hold his own against that monster of a man I'm probably going to blow my brains out unless Porter looks completely dominant Saturday.

Lol.

Yall gonna have to keep me in the loop as I won;'t be able to watch it (work).

It's funny that watching him play I was like "meh not too bad" then going to various sites and have people say he looked awful and then looking at his boxscore and seeing that yeah he didn't do so hot.

I'll take solace in that he is the only guy on our SL with a pulse right now so I'm not going to go crazy...yet.

Plus it's only summer league and we tanking anyway so no worries.

MCW was fine as far as SL goes. You just look for guys to look like the clear alphas of their team more than anything and to find out what they absolutely can't do rather than what they can do.

Right now KCP and Burke are in a heated match for the T-Rob Award but it's still early...

Emwitus

Why would Dwight demand a trade with free agency coming up while his living in a 20ml dollar house and living in la? To gut whatever team his traded to and that might not be of his choice?

Sources: Kings, Monta Ellis discussing deal

Ranadive, a former minority partner in the Golden State Warriors, identified Ellis as a possible free-agent target as he was finalizing his group's purchase of the Kings. Ellis, 27, played the first six-and-a-half seasons in Golden State. The Kings hired former Warriors assistant Michael Malone as head coach in late May and later installed former Warriors executive Pete D'Alessandro as general manager.

t's not clear what the market is for Ellis at this point, but a league source confirmed to CBSSports.com on Monday that the Kings are investigating their options for moving Chuck Hayes and Jimmer Fredette to accommodate Ellis' desire for a contract starting at $12 million per year. It may be Ellis' last chance to recoup the money he opted out of in Milwaukee.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS THIS NEW OWNERSHIP THINKING? I'M FINE WITH NOT PAYING REKE 11M/YEAR BUT TO OFFER TO PAY MORE TO MONTA ELLIS IS JUST FUCKING STUPID.

If that happens McLemore is going to bust.

He's going to make Turner look like Nick Young by the time big Cuz and Have It All are done with him.

Top Bottom