• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

The Nets are old. But we're also better than the Knicks at 4 positions, with a better bench.

Yeah, AK47 would be good too. I don't think the Kings are interested though but they should be if they have any semblance of being an "okay" front office.

And yeah, DMC with MWP and Monta, god damn. #TeamHeadcase #TeamNoFucks

I can't believe this is a thing. Team will shoot 40% on the regular with 5 techs and 5 assists.

Forever

Banned
Better than hopping on team decrepit first chance you get

More like hopping off Team Dolan.

Also all this decrepit talk from the Knicks is hilarious. Next thing you know you're going to be dressing up in black only to get your ass handed to you by those decrepit old men.

Year 1 you mean, Bus and Dolan will be looking more and more alike.

I got to personally watch my team chip 5 times. It's gonna be a long time before our bball experiences are anything alike.

The fact that you're saying 'you're gonna be miserable when your team is like mine' says a whole lot.

Kobe was better than Harden last year and will be again this year if healthy. Harden w/o FT-spamming is just another guy

Ray allen without 3's is just another guy. Drawing fouls is something all players are taught to do if they take it to the paint a lot, it's a part of the game. He's a great player regardless, saying otherwise is disingenuous at best. Kobe gonna one knee the lakers to a chip doe.

Also all this decrepit talk from the Knicks is hilarious. Next thing you know you're going to be dressing up in black only to get your ass handed to you by those decrepit old men.

Yea like winning a regular season game is going to make nets more relevant than knicks.

Truphenom

They're both getting eliminated in the 2nd round lol, not sure how much happier you're gonna be in the playoffs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kobe wants to keep Metta? Why not take a fucking paycut?

Oh right, because he doesn't care about winning anymore. He has a legion of Heavy's and Vag's out there that think he's greater than God so he doesn't have to worry about legacy. It's all about that payday and trying to set records he'll never be able to set

you cant renegotiate contracts in the nba

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
it was probably a little offensive lol

I had the

He-Gone-Get-This-Work.gif

gif ready but I understand tonight ain't the night to push it

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kobe wants to keep Metta? Why not take a fucking paycut?

Oh right, because he doesn't care about winning anymore. He has a legion of Heavy's and Vag's out there that think he's greater than God so he doesn't have to worry about legacy. It's all about that payday and trying to set records he'll never be able to set

Contracts don't work like that

And he cares about winning but with as the alpha

Kobe is the MJ lite for sure!

Teriyaki

Jennings demanding $12M a season; Bucks starting to cave and are offering just over $11M. - Twitter @GeryWoelfel

I'm not a Jennings or Bucks fan, but this is turrible. Milwaukee doesn't realize it's better off losing Jennings, Monta and Reddick even if it's trying to NOT tank.

Have we forgotten the playoff funeral already?

Knicks fans always want to act like they're Lakers fans but their team is never good enough to back it up.

I am comparing nets and knicks. both teams haven't done anything and yet knicks still get the majority of the talk between the two.

Forever

Banned
literally no one does this.

not even realgm

I dunno. Syphon Filter keeps bragging about how relevant (to what? comedy?) the Knicks are just for being TEH NIX. Like they've got a great legacy or some shit.

I am comparing nets and knicks. both teams haven't done anything and yet knicks still get the majority of the talk between the two.

This is year two and you're acting like it's a stain on the Nets for not dominating the city already. Give it time, Dolan will complete the destruction of your current roster soon enough.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I can recall The Nets being in The Finals. Knicks also get more tlak than the 2011 NBA Champs. Doens't mean much, NY is just huge and they prefer The Knicks.

Knicks have fond memories of Sean Elliot and the Dream from the finals

I dunno. Syphon Filter keeps bragging about how relevant (to what? comedy?) the Knicks are just for being TEH NIX. Like they've got a great legacy or some shit.

It's automatic since they represent NY as a whole.

This is year two and you're acting like it's a stain on the Nets for not dominating the city already. Give it time, Dolan will complete the destruction of your current roster soon enough.

nets have been around much longer than that,it's still the nets.

I can recall The Nets being in The Finals. Knicks also get more tlak than the 2011 NBA Champs. Doens't mean much, NY is just huge and they prefer The Knicks.

knicks were in the finals too and not that further apart from the nets. people prefer the knicks since they represent NY as a whole.

you cant renegotiate contracts in the nba

You actually can but only under special circumstances and you can't renegotiate down, only up.

There are other things you can do (waive ETO, change the guarantee, pay schedules etc) but yeah, Kobe or dirk or anyone else can't choose to take a pay cut.

Forever

Banned
nets have been around much longer than that,it's still the nets.

knicks were in the finals too and not that further apart from the nets. people perfer the knicks since they represent NY as a whole.
Go outside. You should have no trouble finding people wearing Nets shit. There will be much more of them once the season gets underway.

Top Bottom