• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They are very annoying, especially considering they never have anything to do with the discussion at hand. It's the equivalent of Vag & Kobe. But whatever, no skin off my back...easily ignored.

I wouldn't suggest antagonizing of picking a fight with a mod, though, which you have clearly done. Don't fall on your sword over this, just let it go.
Dude, how did I start this? You make it sound like I went after Ace, or something. He's subtly threatening to ban me over some CARLOS BOOZER jokes. I mean, think about it. All I'm asking is why? But don't act like I started this. Why would I start a fight with him? Like I've said, we've been cool. I just don't understand why all of a sudden he's so pissed at me.

i do too, soul just keeps doing it too often for it to be funny. i love a ridiculous gimmick as much as anyone else, but theres a limit.
How can it be too often, though? I was gone for 3 months. Hell, I'll be gone again when I start med school in a month. It's the offseason, there just isn't much to talk about in a serious basketball sense right now. Thus, it's just jokes time.

Fjordson

I find the Boozer jokes to be pretty funny, but that's just me.

1013048_570853996299223_226707178_n.png
Lmfao. Perfect.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think more than the Boozer jokes themselves being annoying, its more along the lines that you bring up the Boozer/Taj jokes out of nowhere. Just like how Vag will bring up Kobe. And that can sometimes disrupt the flow of the conversation.
Taj Gibson? That's what pisses people off? Not the Boozer jokes, but Taj Gibson?

People are pissed off because I make fun of Taj Gibson?

Ya'll need to leave SoulPlaya alone. There are guys here who post way more annoying and obnoxious shit and I never see them get seriously asked to stop or else. At least the Boozer stuff is entertaining.

<3 ya SP
Thanks, man.

Soul,

just don't worry about it.

Do you. Just perhaps tone down the frequency. I think the main issue is that lately every post has had a Boozer joke in it. Of course there isn't much to talk about but still. When he's brought up as he was earlier today, fine go for it.

I have no issue with you talking about your favorite player thought. Hell most of my posts involves sorrow and self pity and the Sixers (which are often the same thing...amirite?).

I'm sure Ace was just joking as I don't remember him banning dudes for stuff like this otherwise Vaghn isn't long for this world (just joking bro).

lol wat, soul's boozer jokes/stories aren't anywhere near as annoying as vag's kobe rants or thiswreckage/heavy/emwitus.

soul is funny and knows he's joking

perhaps we've had enough booz for today though

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Once again, I'm not trying to piss NBA-GAF off. These are just jokes, and I genuinely post them just to make you guys laugh a bit. If the community wants me to stop, or thinks they're annoying or something, then I'll stop, but I've never gotten that sense before, especially when like I said, I know when to be serious and how to engage in actual debates.

I think it's fucked up, though, if I get banned just because BlackAce got annoyed. I don't get it, though, me and him got along just fine before, and he's never once contacted me about any Boozer related stuff or told me to stop or anything. Then, I disagree with him about Bargnani and Boozer, and now he's trying to make it seem like I've been going too far for too long all of a sudden? I mean, damn, it's not that serious.

If it's not serious tone it down

And I have said many times it's too much

Has nothing to do with disagreeing with an opinion

So take it what it's worth
its not a moderation by community

Stephen A. saying with certainty that LeBron will opt out and that the Lakers, Knicks and Cavs are all going to be trying to put themselves in position to make a run at him. If I was ever worried about him returning to the Heat in 2015, now I'm not.

The Bosh face from those Dolan comics is hillarious

Stephen A. saying with certainty that LeBron will opt out and that the Lakers, Knicks and Cavs are all going to be trying to put themselves in position to make a run at him. If I was ever worried about him returning to the Heat in 2015, now I'm not.

While the only way Bron would have left would be if the Heat lost to the Spurs and lost again this year. I highly doubt he leaves unless he and Wade have a falling out or something.

That being said SAS isn't multiple sources and often gets shit right despite his troll tendencies. There is a reason ESPN brought him back despite his show bombing and other stuff...he actually delivers. IIRC he kinda called Bron going to the Heat.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
lol wat, soul's boozer jokes/stories aren't anywhere near as annoying as vag's kobe rants or thiswreckage/heavy/emwitus.

soul is funny and knows he's joking

perhaps we've had enough booz for today though

Both are annoying just Vag actually believes what he writing

I like SP when he isn't spamming Boozer/Taj jokes for pages

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If it's not serious tone it down

And I have said many times it's too much

Has nothing to do with disagreeing with an opinion

So take it what it's worth
its not a moderation by community
I wonder who this community finds more annoying, me or you?

Once again, I'm asking you, what rules am I breaking? Honestly, you tell me, and I'll stop. You're a mod, not a dictator. Please, tell me what rules am I breaking? I'm honestly not trying to piss you off. I'm genuinely asking. And I don't remember you ever contacting me telling me that it was too much. Seriously.

Both are annoying just Vag actually believes what he writing

I like SP when he isn't spamming Boozer/Taj jokes for pages
If it makes you feel better, Carlos Boozer actually is my favorite player in the NBA. And most of my arguments for him are grounded in reality, not jokes. You know that. And Boozer/Taj jokes are just a small plethora of my Boozer jokes.

And I'll stop with the Taj jokes, specifically.

The Bosh face from those Dolan comics is hillarious

While the only way Bron would have left would be if the Heat lost to the Spurs and lost again this year. I highly doubt he leaves unless he and Wade have a falling out or something.

That being said SAS isn't multiple sources and often gets shit right despite his troll tendencies. There is a reason ESPN brought him back despite his show bombing and other stuff...he actually delivers. IIRC he kinda called Bron going to the Heat.

An opt out doesn't surprise me, that's smart business. But him listing those three teams as if they make any sense or will be in a position to better his legacy is a joke. Lakers would have made sense if he had no rings, no he has two. If you're going for #1 all time, you need to do it at one place.

I hope that wasn't a perm

:(

An opt out doesn't surprise me, that's smart business. But him listing those three teams as if they make any sense or will be in a position to better his legacy is a joke. Lakers would have made sense if he had no rings, no he has two. If you're going for #1 all time, you need to do it at one place.

If Bron leaves it will be for the Cavs in some "finish what I started shit" and even then...it's not likely.

Like I said Wade would have to shank on of Bron's sons or something for him to leave...even if they lose this year I don't see it.

Now Bosh.....he might go elsewhere if he's tired of being the third wheel. I even doubt that tho.

I hope that wasn't a perm

:(

If Bron leaves it will be for the Cavs in some "finish what I started shit" and even then...it's not likely.

Like I said Wade would have to shank on of Bron's sons or something for him to leave...even if they lose this year I don't see it.

Now Bosh.....he might go elsewhere if he's tired of being the third wheel. I even doubt that tho.

Bosh already said this season, he is done with losing.

Bennett and Kyrie?

Maybe Cleveland. I said a few pages back, I rate Miami's chances of resigning LeBron the best, followed by Cleveland (to "set things right") and New York (to finally save basketball), with a far distant fourth to LA since it's LA.

I don't really see James as a three-team player, however, although that could just be me projecting.

mike brown and dan gilbert?

That is the complicating factor in that scenario. Gilbert said some pretty nasty things after "the decision," and his first idea for trying to keep James the first time around was firing Brown.

giri

Once again, I'm not trying to piss NBA-GAF off. These are just jokes, and I genuinely post them just to make you guys laugh a bit. If the community wants me to stop, or thinks they're annoying or something, then I'll stop, but I've never gotten that sense before, especially when like I said, I know when to be serious and how to engage in actual debates.

I think it's fucked up, though, if I get banned just because BlackAce got annoyed. I don't get it, though, me and him got along just fine before, and he's never once contacted me about any Boozer related stuff or told me to stop or anything. Then, I disagree with him about Bargnani and Boozer, and now he's trying to make it seem like I've been going too far for too long all of a sudden? I mean, damn, it's not that serious.
Remember when everyone was happy cloving got banned for really shit trolling, constnatly, non-stop. And thekad did about his kobe trolling. And vag has several (not often enough times) for his kobe cock munching?

Thats why you'd get banned. not that you will (or maybe you have?)

The schtick got un-interesting 12 months ago.

Shitplaya? Was that really the best you could come up with? I don't even know who you are. Have we ever had a disagreement on here, or something?
I don't have anything against you at all, in fact, i quite liked you as a member around the great might poo era. But your boozer schtick is just tiresome. Even if you ever come up with legitimate arguments FOR boozer it would never be taken seriously.

Oh, didn't TCB get one over his george hill MVP schtick too?

Shouldn't have gotten rid of Metta, terrible move. He's still a top-notch perimeter defender and brings a lot of energy to the game. There's no one out there in FA to replace that.

Remember when everyone was happy cloving got banned for really shit trolling, constnatly, non-stop. And thekad did about his kobe trolling. And vag has several (not often enough times) for his kobe cock munching?

Thats why you'd get banned. not that you will (or maybe you have?)

The schtick got un-interesting 12 months ago.

I don't have anything against you at all, in fact, i quite liked you as a member around the great might poo era. But your boozer schtick is just tiresome. Even if you ever come up with legitimate arguments FOR boozer it would never be taken seriously.

Oh, didn't TCB get one over his george hill MVP schtick too?

TCB was always a Spurs fan over any one individual player. When Hill got traded, he rooted for him as a player, but his posts would be one line about Hill and then back to the Spurs/whatever was going on in the topic at the time.

Personally, I don't mind one line off subject troll posts, but SoulPlaya would have 10 posts about Boozer when there was no reason for it at all.

WoJ said:
The Cleveland Cavaliers are pushing for free-agent center Andrew Bynum to accept a two-year, $24 million-plus, incentive-based contract offer, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Monday night.

The second year would be a team option, but this still seems kind of dumb. They're also talking to AK47 and Brand and should just go with those guys instead.

Not sure why Bynum hasn't accepted this though.

Top Bottom