• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SamuraiX-

iv5MxXy.png

SamuraiX-

Woj said:
Henderson, 25, is one of the NBA's emerging young shooting guards, but Charlotte has been reluctant to offer him a market value that could push into the $7.5 million to $8.5 million range, front-office sources said.

Charlotte started pursuing free agent Monta Ellis earlier in the week, fearing it would struggle to come to terms with Henderson, sources said. Bobcats president Rod Higgins drafted Ellis with the Golden State Warriors and has remained fond of him.

If the Bobcats lose Hendo and pay Monta 'HaveItAll' Ellis $14M/yr, I think DY will turn in some sick, twisted combo of Brandy circa 2011 Playoffs 1st Round and 2012-2013 Knux.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Henderson wants OJ Mayo money.

Doesn't matter, Jeff Taylor probably would've outplayed him last year anyways if he didn't literally ask opposing players for autographs after games hit the rookie wall early

But seriously - Henderson wants 8 mil? GTFO
I guess I should have known MJ would never pay a dookie.

This lol

I was really hoping the mavs wouldnt be a one-and-done title winner, but damn, poor dirk. He needs to gtfo of there and chase another shot at a ring.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm going to lose my shit if we let Teague walk and end up getting Jennings or fucking Monta Ellis.

Do you think the idea of Ben Gordon and Monta on my team at the same time lets me rest easy?

exarkun

If the Bobcats lose Hendo and pay Monta 'HaveItAll' Ellis $14M/yr, I think DY will turn in some sick, twisted combo of Brandy circa 2011 Playoffs 1st Round and 2012-2013 Knux.

Watching Brandy literally be the saddest, most cup-half-empty fan ever was enjoyable. Especially since I was in Dallas, and most of the town couldn't give a fuck that the mavs were in the playoffs. Didn't even sell out for the 1st round and part of the second. If my town was like that, I'd be Brandi too.

Current Dy is trying to be a more realistic Pimp.

RealGM said:
Howard's camp asked if the Lakers at least considered using their amnesty provision on Bryant, according to sources.
I mean it makes business sense, but Ive never heard of a free agent asking an organization to amnesty a star player

I mean it makes business sense, but Ive never heard of a free agent asking an organization to amnesty a star player

He wanted KB to pass the torch and fuck off lol

I think I cared more about LO getting depressed and going to Dallas than DH jumping shipping in FA. Whatever. I wish the media cared as little about Dwight as the LA fan base.

One source added that Howard had concerns about how the Lakers planned to market him after being disappointed with the franchise in that aspect last season.

haha.

But really, this sounds like "laker sources" trying to paint Howard even worse by claiming he tried to demand Kobe's ousting to stay. That's just adding fuel to the fire for not just Laker fans but general fans of the NBA who think Dwight is a brat.

Even I don't think Howard's camp was stupid enough to make that kind of request.

I think I cared more about LO getting depressed and going to Dallas than DH jumping shipping in FA. Whatever. I wish the media cared as little about Dwight as the LA fan base.

Honestly, I'm more attached to losing Ron to amnesty than Dwight leaving. I will miss Ron.

haha.

But really, this sounds like "laker sources" trying to paint Howard even worse by claiming he tried to demand Kobe's ousting to stay. That's just adding fuel to the fire for not just Laker fans but general fans of the NBA who think Dwight is a brat.

Even I don't think Howard's camp was stupid enough to make that kind of request.

The same Dwight Howard who demanded Gundy get the axe and then hug him in front of reporters and deny all reports after Gundy himself just seconds earlier confirmed that Dwight demanded he be let go? That Dwight Howard?

haha.

Honestly, I'm more attached to losing Ron to amnesty than Dwight leaving. I will miss Ron.

I could see Howard asking about transition plans as Kobe's career continues to come to an end, but no way do I believe he actually flat out asked the Lakers to amnesty Kobe

The same Dwight Howard who demanded Gundy get the axe and then hug him in front of reporters and deny all reports after Gundy himself just seconds earlier confirmed that Dwight demanded he be let go? That Dwight Howard?

Yes. Dwight didn't know SVG said what he said. While Dwight came off like a douche, he was ignorant of the situation at that specific time.

I could see Howard asking about transition plans as Kobe's career continues to come to an end, but no way do I believe he actually flat out asked the Lakers to amnesty Kobe

No doubt, I agree. This is what we call "stretching the truth."

Yes. Dwight didn't know SVG said what he said. While Dwight came off like a douche, he was ignorant of the situation at that specific time

He was lying to reporters, not that I expected him to tell the truth, but he was pretending to be chummy and acting like the last thing he would do is ask for SVG to be let go.

I wouldn't rule out Dwight requesting Kobe be amnestied because Dwight and his 'camp' are fools. That doesn't make me hate him more or at all really, just reinforces his idiot persona.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Yep, this is basically what I believe as well.

So called "Sources" just trying to make him look even bitchier at this point.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
"Hey, I know I've been here like a week or two, so I think I've earned the right to say something. See that guy over there? 5 rings? 17 years or whatever? Lifetime Laker? Yeah, him. It's him or me."

passing torch might not mean what you think it means

Man, what a shitty franchise they have in L.A. Though it's somewhat ironic that Kobe was gonna leave because Shaq was going to be the big dog in town and now Dwight left because the Lakers refuse to move on from the Kobe era. Good job L.A., you're now going to roast for the next several years in mediocrity. Well, at least you have the fans in Utah to tell ya what that's all about.

Darkman M

Man, what a shitty franchise they have in L.A. Though it's somewhat ironic that Kobe was gonna leave because Shaq was going to be the big dog in town and now Dwight left because the Lakers refuse to move on from the Kobe era. Good job L.A., you're now going to roast for the next several years in mediocrity. Well, at least you have the fans in Utah to tell ya what that's all about.

This whole post is pure fucking garbage, did you even think about what you just wrote?

Smokey

lol

No. But L.A. is a shitty franchise in deep trouble. I mean a player chose to LEAVE the Lakers AND $30 million dollars. Not a good sign. Not a good sign at all.

The franchise is not shitty. But their current position is.

Seriously, do the Lakers have a real 5 year plan with teeth behind it?

Sounds like prayers and reading tea leaves to me.

Don't try too hard like kad, dude.

Kad is one of the best posters in NBA Gaf. I have a feeling he won't be making fun of the Lakers anymore since the Lakers have shown what a dysfunctional and incompetent franchise they have morphed into. But hey, have fun paying a broken down 35 year old coming off a torn Achilles heal some $30 million dollars.

The franchise is not shitty. But their current position is.

Seriously, do the Lakers have a real 5 year plan with teeth behind it?

Sounds like prayers and reading tea leaves to me.

jimbuss-300x197.jpg

Yea.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bunch of dumb fucking asses on Clutchfans. I'm done posting there lol

KingJ2002

Wow... that story claims Dwight wanted Kobe amnestied and Pau & Nash shopped so CP3 could come to the lakers.

yeah... if this is true... he's a brat and needed to leave. Most people in LA didn't even like him... LA fans just don't like losing... whether it's games or players.

Matrix

Kad is one of the best posters in NBA Gaf.I have a feeling he won't be making fun of the Lakers anymore since the Lakers have shown what a dysfunctional and incompetent franchise they have morphed into. But hey, have fun paying a broken down 35 year old coming off a torn Achilles heal some $30 million dollars.

lol Tell that to the people at the Clutchfans forums

Wow... that story claims Dwight wanted Kobe amnestied and Pau & Nash shopped so CP3 could come to the lakers.

yeah... if this is true... he's a brat and needed to leave. Most people in LA didn't even like him.

He's a brat but he was right. Kobe will never be the same after the injury pls only has a year left. Nash and Pau are done. Lakers unwillingness to move on is just not smart. They aren't winning anything with Kobe. It's time to move on. I don't see many stars wanting to come to L.A. Anytime soon regardless of dollars.

L.A. Fans being the bandwagoners they are should be joining the Clippers wagon if they want to experience success in the next 5-10 years. Perhaps they can jump back into the being Lakers lifelongs when the Lakers trade for
rob
their next future superstar thanks to the NBA office.

Darkman M

He's a brat but he was right. Kobe will never be the same after the injury pls only has a year left. Nash and Pau are done. Lakers unwillingness to move on is just not smart. They aren't winning anything with Kobe. It's time to move on. I don't see many stars wanting to come to L.A. Anytime soon regardless of dollars.

L.A. Fans being the bandwagoners they are should be joining the Clippers wagon if they want to experience success in the next 5-10 years. Perhaps they can jump back into the being Lakers lifelongs when the Lakers trade for
rob
their next future superstar thanks to the NBA office.

ead and stop posting.

Matrix

What did they do now?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=241453

Look at rocketjunkie's reply to me. The forum gets dumber and dumber. Also fuck the lack of being to edit on that board.

People actually believing Howard/and his camp asked for Kobe to be released are either out of it or complete Howard haters. I'm sorry it doesn't
make any sense considering they wouldn't even give him the coach he wanted or besides the fact that KOBE is still the face of the franchise
and Howard was going to stick around if Jackson was the coach. Could you even imagine the backlash once word got out that Howard asked that and
the Lakers actually did it? Like Howard could have dealt with that pressure lol

giri

I'm guessing he's asking for somewhere between $30-32M on a 4-year deal and he's right in doing so.

Really disappointing to see Jordan/Cho cheap out on the only player deserving of money on that roster right now after overpaying Al Jefferson.
Eh why start over paying players when you're still a10 seed. Henderson isn't the missing piece on that team.

He has more value to someone like the wolves or Grizzly

Vahagn

Watching Bolton go apeshit on the Lakers because after dominating a decade with 7 finals they're now on the cusp of a rebuilding phase is hilarious considering whatever pos obscure team he supports would beg to have the talent LA has this year and the cap flexibility it has next.

Lakers have, for 50 years dominated a decade and then spent 5-10 years rebuilding another dominant core. And he's tripping out as if the one year LA doesn't have a plan to contend is some indication of a "shitty franchise"

Paint yo face clown

Top Bottom