• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Watching Bolton go apeshit on the Lakers because after dominating a decade with 7 finals they're now on the cusp of a rebuilding phase is hilarious considering whatever pos obscure team he supports would beg to have the talent LA has this year and the cap flexibility it has next.

Lakers have, for 50 years dominated a decade and then spent 5-10 years rebuilding another dominant core. And he's tripping out as if the one year LA doesn't have a plan to contend is some indication of a "shitty franchise"

Paint yo face clown
114886.gif

Kobe Bryant could sign for veteran's minimum during the 14-15 NBA season to increase the Los Angeles Lakers' cap space. Bryant could then re-sign with the Lakers in 2015 offseason for a maximum salary of $19.5 million because the team would retain his Bird rights.

"I’m not taking any at all – that’s the negotiation that you have to have," Bryant said. "For me to sit here and say, ‘Oh yeah, I’m just going to take a huge pay cut. Nah, I’m going to try to get as much as I possibly can

welp

balddemon

Banned
zeus u should come to a bar with me and my buddy. I don't know how new york bitches work but we catch those bottles, drink them, and the girls walk out with us.

balddemon

Banned
Giri I don't know what time it is in oz land, but I just laid down and it is 415 here. one of these days i will fly out with my pharmacy money and we can barbop. Until then, I'm exhausted haha.

Cwf, where is kendall? Canada? I'll bring wiggins

giri

Giri I don't know what time it is in oz land, but I just laid down and it is 415 here. one of these days i will fly out with my pharmacy money and we can barbop. Until then, I'm exhausted haha.

Baldy next year come to ibiza with me. Me and a mate are going. Will be glorious.

Yes reilo im taking two holidays next year.

linsivvi

So are the Lakers actually gonna amnesty Ron Ron? Stop playing with my emotions LA...

Some folks are trying to convince the Lakers not to do it.

http://www.lakersnation.com/to-amnesty-or-not-to-amnesty-its-metta-world-peace-or-jim-buss/2013/07/10/

A) The Lakers are already projecting a $75 million profit. Teams always talk about their costs but never, ever revenue. The Lakes’ projected revenue is a mighty $280 million—enough to have made $30 million after paying Dwight Howard $20 million, triggering an extra $30 million in tax… for a total of $175 million in payroll and tax… plus $50 million in revenue sharing (and $25 mill for all other expenses). With no Dwight, the projection is now $75-80 million in profit.

G) It shows Jim Buss really is clueless. If I’m the one who nicknamed him “Jethro,” after Jed Clampett’s cousin, I’ve become a one of his few defenders, outside the family. Actually, given his relationship with Jeanie, I was one of the few anywhere, based on stuff Laker people told me that suggested Jimbo had learned to follow Mitch Kupchak’s lead. All that has just been called into question. The Lakers have enough issues now to challenge Jerry Buss and Jerry West in their prime. It’s a bad time for a bad call, as Jimbo is about to make. Of course, it’s his idea. Mitch doesn’t get to make financial calls.

Forever

Banned

lmao so good. Hope it's only a day ban or something.

Bowser

I'm having trouble figuring out who's got the need and the ability to offer Hendo more than $7m per in FA. The Kings (if they amnesty Salmons)? I understand he's trying to get paid, but the market for $8m+ per deals has pretty much dried up at this point.

KingGondo

Banned
Didn't see it posted, but apparently Perk had arthroscopic knee surgery a couple days ago.

Smh. We're not getting rid of him at least until he's an expiring contract, are we?

So what is lakers-age's opinion of Kobe at this point?

He said he's getting as much money as he can in free agency and is trying to be back for game 1 lulz.

This is the shit I was talking about a year or two ago--that Kobe wouldn't just retire. He's going to try to get max money despite his decline and the 2014 "cap space" thing is a complete myth as a result unless LA is willing to cut ties with him next summer.

Smokey

Glad to see kobe isn't going to take a pay cut for the better of his franchise. Go down in a blaze of fire.

Edit: get out of my head faze

Top Bottom