• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I'm having trouble figuring out who's got the need and the ability to offer Hendo more than $7m per in FA. The Kings (if they amnesty Salmons)? I understand he's trying to get paid, but the market for $8m+ per deals has pretty much dried up at this point.

If he's smart he'll take the QO and try again next year as a UFA.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I don't think Kobe said he was aiming for a max contract after 2014, just the most money he can reasonably get out of a new contact, which probably won't be topped to the max.

I don't think Kobe said he was aiming for a max contract after 2014, just the most money he can reasonably get out of a new contact, which probably won't be topped to the max.

If it's a two year, 15 million contract then its just as damaging to the teams long term ability to rebuild.

Bowser

lol wait I just realized Woj said that Henderson wants a STARTING salary between $7.5-$8.5m...not an average salary. With 7.5% increases each year, that would put a Hendo deal at 4 years and between $33-$38 million total.

lol gtfo Hendo, just because you averaged 15ppg on the worst team in the history of the league doesn't mean you're worth $35 million. I wonder if NO is interested in a S&T for Gordon considering they've got Jrue and Evans now...Hendo could be the nominal starter if they want to have Evans off the bench as the alpha dog of the 2nd team, or Hendo could be their 6th man. Gordon would be a great guy for Charlotte if he's healthy and lives up to his potential, and if not, welp thanks for the tank help.

Although a Kemba/Gordon back court would be a defensive nightmare lol

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Individual DRtg is pretty worthless. He's played on atrocious defensive teams, of course his rating is bad.

But he's pretty good. Good mid-range jumper.

Bowser

lol I keep thinking what our starting 5 would look like with EG now:

Kemba/Gordon/MKG/Zeller/Jefferson

Do you think MKG would kill himself trying to cover for the other 4 on defense? lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
SMH

Oh, Dumars.

Dumars is quickly approaching Isiah level of ineptness at the front office level. His moves just make no sense. Sure, it's not a lot of money, but he needs to work on developing players, not playing Billups 25 minutes a night.

lol I keep thinking what our starting 5 would look like with EG now:

Kemba/Gordon/MKG/Zeller/Jefferson

Do you think MKG would kill himself trying to cover for the other 4 on defense? lol

We're cashing in all our chips for the best 2 guard we can get in the upcoming draft. There isn't anyone worth a damn in free agency, EG included. If you don't play consistently then you aren't worth trading for.

Bowser

We're cashing in all our chips for the best 2 guard we can get in the upcoming draft. There isn't anyone worth a damn in free agency, EG included. If you don't play consistently then you aren't worth trading for.

Have you heard of this kid Dante Exum? 6'6" combo guard playing in Australia and eligible for the 2014 draft. He claims he's going to play in college (he could actually play 2nd semester this coming college season), but he's been tearing it up consistently over the past few months and was a monster at the FIBA U19 World Championships a few days ago. DraftExpress already has him as the 3rd best prospect in 2014 behind Wiggins and Randle.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Dumars is quickly approaching Isiah level of ineptness at the front office level. His moves just make no sense. Sure, it's not a lot of money, but he needs to work on developing players, not playing Billups 25 minutes a night.

Approaching? He's been a disaster since the Billups trade.

Watching Bolton go apeshit on the Lakers because after dominating a decade with 7 finals they're now on the cusp of a rebuilding phase is hilarious considering whatever pos obscure team he supports would beg to have the talent LA has this year and the cap flexibility it has next.

Lakers have, for 50 years dominated a decade and then spent 5-10 years rebuilding another dominant core. And he's tripping out as if the one year LA doesn't have a plan to contend is some indication of a "shitty franchise"

Paint yo face clown

You're just mad that I was right and LeBron has shown why he is better than Kobe. 2 titles as the alpha to Kobe's 1 title as alpha.

Bread

Banned
dumars might be the best in the league at taking an aging championship roster and flipping it into a roster of overpaid underachievers and mismatched young talent.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I get it from the leadership perspective. Billups is a good guy and could be a good mentor to Knight/Stuckey/etc.

That said, I think Dumars is going to want Billups to start.

You're just mad that I was right and LeBron has shown why he is better than Kobe. 2 titles as the alpha to Kobe's 1 title as alpha.

363482566156075171583434.gif

Have you heard of this kid Dante Exum? 6'6" combo guard playing in Australia and eligible for the 2014 draft. He claims he's going to play in college (he could actually play 2nd semester this coming college season), but he's been tearing it up consistently over the past few months and was a monster at the FIBA U19 World Championships a few days ago. DraftExpress already has him as the 3rd best prospect in 2014 behind Wiggins and Randle.

Yeah, I've done some research on him. His dad is from NC and played for UNC. His skillset would be a perfect fit between Kemba and MKG, but I don't think we're going to be in a position to draft him. From what I read it doesn't seem likely he'll declare for the 2014 draft. If he declares this year we'd have to get lucky in the lottery to beat out the Sixers/Celtics/Jazz/Lakers/Suns.

Bowser

Yeah, I've done some research on him. His dad is from NC and played for UNC. His skillset would be a perfect fit between Kemba and MKG, but I don't think we're going to be in a position to draft him. From what I read it doesn't seem likely he'll declare for the 2014 draft. If he declares this year we'd have to get lucky in the lottery to beat out the Sixers/Celtics/Jazz/Lakers/Suns.

I still think we'll end up with a pick in the 4-7 range based on our record, with an outside shot at top 3 depending on lottery luck. Obviously quite early, but I think we should be able to net a prospect like Exum/Parker or one of the Harrison twins with our pick (although I'm not a big fan of the Harrison twins' attitude/mental makeup from what I've seen so far).

Both of Exum's parents went to UNC and he seems pretty miffed that we haven't recruited him hard. But apparently he's deadset on only playing PG in college and we've just got too many in 2014 (Paige/Britt/Berry). If he was open to playing the 2 full time in college there's no doubt in my mind we would have been on him hard and early. Also, there's the chance that he comes in for one semester this coming year and then bolts for the 2014 draft, in which case I feel like Roy wouldn't want to upset team chemistry for one semester of a guy who's going to expect immediate and extensive playing time.

I still think we'll end up with a pick in the 4-7 range based on our record, with an outside shot at top 3 depending on lottery luck. Obviously quite early, but I think we should be able to net a prospect like Exum/Parker or one of the Harrison twins with our pick (although I'm not a big fan of the Harrison twins' attitude/mental makeup from what I've seen so far).

Both of Exum's parents went to UNC and he seems pretty miffed that we haven't recruited him hard. But apparently he's deadset on only playing PG in college and we've just got too many in 2014 (Paige/Britt/Berry). If he was open to playing the 2 full time in college there's no doubt in my mind we would have been on him hard and early. Also, there's the chance that he comes in for one semester this coming year and then bolts for the 2014 draft, in which case I feel like Roy wouldn't want to upset team chemistry for one semester of a guy who's going to expect immediate and extensive playing time.

Roy should have recruited him regardless, nothing wrong.qith starting 2 guys who can run the offense. I'd love to be able to draft him, but it's a long shot. James Young is the guy I'm looking at right now. I don't want anything to do with the Harrison twins.

ISOM

So what is lakers-age's opinion of Kobe at this point?

He said he's getting as much money as he can in free agency and is trying to be back for game 1 lulz.

This is the shit I was talking about a year or two ago--that Kobe wouldn't just retire. He's going to try to get max money despite his decline and the 2014 "cap space" thing is a complete myth as a result unless LA is willing to cut ties with him next summer.

Kobe averaged 27 6 5 on 46% shooting. Those are mvp type of numbers and that was last season. Kobe's decline has been greatly exaggerated and if he comes back from his achilles injury at even 75% of his former self then he will still be a top 10 player in the league.

Top Bottom