• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Bread

Banned
#4 on NBA.com's Summer League Rookie Ladder...

Knux's own MCW

The Syracuse product came out firing Sunday, putting up 26 points (on 8-for-23 shooting) with seven rebounds and eight assists. He did have nine turnovers, though and was 0-for-6 from beyond the arc. MCW followed that with 13 points, but again struggled from the field, shooting 4-for-20. The good news? Zero turnovers in 29 minutes in his second game.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2013 NBA draft class.

130707200335-michael-carter-williams-driving-summer-league.feature-module.jpg

that smile

Cheddahz

Banned
Random, but does anyone here have NBA 2K13 for the PC? I need some help..

but I think the Cavs signing AB is a good move, it's a risk or reward move and maybe he'll help the team out in the long run

Random, but does anyone here have NBA 2K13 for the PC? I need some help..

but I think the Cavs signing AB is a good move, it's a risk or reward move and maybe he'll help the team out in the long run

what help do you need with that piece of garbage where half the mods don't work

Cheddahz

Banned
what help do you need with that piece of garbage where half the mods don't work

I had to uninstall the game due to the mods not working and I had been using the derito NBA 2K13 and 2K14 Draft Classes and now I am not able to download them, due to Mediafire being dumb

Is there anyone other way I can download the draft class files?

I get it from the leadership perspective. Billups is a good guy and could be a good mentor to Knight/Stuckey/etc.

That said, I think Dumars is going to want Billups to start.

Yep. I like the deal from the leadership/adding veteran presence reserve. But Dumars is definitely going to start him over the younger guys, which sucks because they'll now have to scrap for minutes on the bench.

Cheddahz

Banned
I get it from the leadership perspective. Billups is a good guy and could be a good mentor to Knight/Stuckey/etc.

That said, I think Dumars is going to want Billups to start.

Yep. I like the deal from the leadership/adding veteran presence reserve. But Dumars is definitely going to start him over the younger guys, which sucks because they'll now have to scrap for minutes on the bench.

Detroit should bring back Rip too, Bulls just bought him out.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk
Report: Heat might use amnesty on Joel Anthony or Mike Miller http://dlvr.it/3dz2ls

So long, Mike Miller.

that's not exactly news

that was like broussard's article saying "sources say dwight might pick team x because of multiple sources blah blah"

If you're up tonight (8 eastern maybe) I might be up for a 12 minute quarter series or whatever.

I prefer later, like 10 or 11 eastern but post here or send me a PM and I'll let you know what's up

are you gonna use the wizards

If you're up tonight (8 eastern maybe) I might be up for a 12 minute quarter series or whatever.

Building a PC right now and trying to figure out where most of the regulars are going to be come 2k14...PC, Nextbox, PS4?

I'm getting it for Wii U. Wait... :(

(Seriously, though, if I wasn't so terrible, I'd get it for PC)

SUPREME1

Banned
So what is lakers-age's opinion of Kobe at this point?

He said he's getting as much money as he can in free agency and is trying to be back for game 1 lulz.

This is the shit I was talking about a year or two ago--that Kobe wouldn't just retire. He's going to try to get max money despite his decline and the 2014 "cap space" thing is a complete myth as a result unless LA is willing to cut ties with him next summer.

Give unto Kobe what is Kobe's. He's earned it.

I'm riding with Kobe until Kareem's record is broken. I don't expect a chip from the Lakers anytime soon, so I'm simply gonna enjoy Old Snake ball and appreciate his longevity.

Bring the post game Mamba.

Kevtones

weird, that's exactly the opposite opinion i had of him when i was watching louisville in the tournament.

Likewise. He was the LVP in all 3 of their closest games (Oregon, Wichita St., Michigan) and looked generally overmatched.

Guy looks entirely different in summer league and is playing totally within himself. Crazy surprised by it.

Siva sucks

There's a difference between "playing within himself" and literally doing nothing well on the floor.

I don't see him being able to defend or create at the next level.

In SL, just making smart decisions makes you look better than 80% of the guys on the court because most of them are doin too much.

SamuraiX-

Siva sucks

There's a difference between "playing within himself" and literally doing nothing well on the floor.

In SL, just making smart decisions makes you look better than 80% of the guys on the court because most of them are doin too much.

Can't really trash on 9 assists, 7 steals and only 2 turnovers.

His ceiling is a solid and reliable backup PG but he'll have a fine career in the league.

charsace

Siva sucks

You must be watching a different guy. Siva has looked good to me. Burke is the one that looks like crap so far.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
This Nets summer league team... brutal to watch.

Bowser

I think people are forgetting that Rivers had the worst offensive season in the history of the NBA.

EDIT: Probably an exaggeration. But it's not that far off the mark.

7S26fky.png

2012-13 Season Weaknesses

I do want to deliver a different message, but it would take industrial tools to polish this turd.

I mean, where do I start? He’s been bad to poor at everything not listed above? Look at the Advanced stats chart above. He’s below average as an NBA guard in every category. EVERY CATEGORY. And it extends to everything measurable. Most guards in the league need to have something they do well to hang their hat on, but even the two things Rivers does correctly are mitigated by the fact that he can’t make the free throws, and he can’t hit the good shots he manufactures.

Even defensively, where some seek to hang their Rivers hat, Austin has not been strong this season. Most metrics show the Hornets defense didn’t really change with him on and off the court, and Synergy Sports ranks him 308th in the league as a defender, allowing .91 points per possession defended. Considering where the team was (29th overall) that is hardly surprising.

So he was a subpar defender, a subpar rebounder, a subpar passer, a subpar shooter. He earned a 5.9 PER. 5.9! I’ve never seen that from anyone who played more than a few games worth of minutes. Win Shares and Win Score both rate him so poorly that they say he single-handedly cost the Hornets games. That means, by all three metrics, that you could replace him with any good player from a lesser league – D-League, Europe – and do better. A lot better.

That is also the impetus for the articles stating he was one of the worst players ever. He produced those low numbers, but played a lot. Usually when a player has these kinds of issues, he doesn’t get to play. Rivers played anyway. So he got the opportunity to make his team worse.

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/2013/04/24/season-in-review-austin-rivers/

l-o-fucking-l

Fox318

The problem with summer league ball is that they are airing it. Too many people are getting their hopes up when a dude drops 4 or something.

Top Bottom