• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

DarkFlow

Banned
There has to be a team that can clear enough space for dwight and cp3. Lakers need to go into tank mode.
Phoenix, Dwight can keep up the path of Shaq. CP3 can take over the title of the next great Suns PG. KJ to Kidd to Nash to CP3. We won't mention Marbury...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If Howard doesn't stay with LAL, then he should go to the Rockets. Seeing what they've been able to do with Asik makes me wonder just what they could do with Howard's development.

Smokey

CP3
Harden
Parsons
Terrence Jones
Asik

With Beverley, Lin, Donuts, and Delfino off the bench could be pretty good.

Wonder if this scenario could come to be, makes a lot of sense...

The pace whiplash from year to year would be hilarious though.

Say what now ITWMTB19

Don't see how that could work cap wise...

If Howard doesn't stay with LAL, then he should go to the Rockets. Seeing what they've been able to do with Asik makes me wonder just what they could do with Howard's development.

Howard would have Mchale to work with. One of the only things Mchale is good for....helping big men. And then Hakeem would probably be available whenever at a moments notice. Become a 'Rockets Consultant' or something like that.

linsivvi

Say what now ITWMTB19

Don't see how that could work cap wise...

Howard would have Mchale to work with. One of the only things Mchale is good for....helping big men. And then Hakeem would probably be available whenever at a moments notice. Become a 'Rockets Consultant' or something like that.

It works if you let Garcia go....

But Dwight will suffer the same problem with the Rockets, he'll never live up to the great centers before him.

cacophony

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
On way out of Toyota Center, asked if he'll be active participant in Rockets' free-agent recruiting, James Harden tells ESPN: "Hell, yeah"

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Asked specifically about joining Rockets' well-chronicled plans to chase Dwight Howard, Harden cracked a smile and said: "Maybe. Possibly"

giri

So who's it looking like the suns will draft? I saw some mocks saying McLemore, but I don't see anyone we get making much of a impact with that mess of a team. We need a new owner who's not a cheap ass, I mean we drafted rondo and then sold him to the celtics for cash money, what a waste. Oh I also forgot, we turned that rondo deal into Rudy Fernández in the next draft, and got rid of him too. I mean WTF.

Phoenix, Dwight can keep up the path of Shaq. CP3 can take over the title of the next great Suns PG. KJ to Kidd to Nash to CP3. We won't mention Marbury...

how the hell are you a suns fan THIS season. They've been abysmal.

Doesn't matter who the suns draft as the draft is 1 player deep. The rest are reserve rotational guys.

We're fucked.

Go Grizz!!!!!

giga

I think smith would be a good addition to many rosters.

Just not on a max contract. He's not that guy.
Josh Smith makes $13M. You think he's willing to go less, after seeing what others got in last year's off season?

giri

Josh Smith makes $13M. You think he's willing to go less, after seeing what others got in last year's off season?

Hmmm

there's a lot less dumb contracts being thrown around at the moment. i'm not so convinced that he'll necessarily get it on any other team than the hawks.

I think teams are very wary under this CBA to tie up their future in "potential" on bigs in their second contract who still haven't put it all together.

He's not a max guy but it only take one team to take on a player that ultimately doesn't have the BB IQ to ever be great.

And yet, this is still true.

true but he's not worth the price you would have to pay to get him, that's why i said cubes is a smart guy unlike other owners, GMs.

How is he not worth the price? Look at the money guys like Tyson Chandler and Noah are making? And Dwight is better/younger than those guys (well at least younger than Tyson). In a BAD year, he still put up 17/12 on 57% shooting. Is he a franchise guy in the vein of Shaq or Hakeem? No. But in this league it's not only franchise guys that get max contracts. If you want to be competitive you have to overspend. The Heat overspent badly on Bosh, but it helped them land Bron and Wade.

NBA GAF's approach to Dwight is comical.

Dude still put up offensive numbers despite playing with pain in his back all year and his shoulder for half of it. Hell, he looked like Kwame for 2 months to start thanks to the back.

He also showed late in the season what he can still do defensively.

Last year everyone believed Dwight was a top 5 player, all of a sudden he ain't worth $10 mil a year? lol

NBA-GAF goes through massive mood swings, man. Dwight is quite clearly a max player in the NBA. As Ninja said, he's not a Shaq or Hakeem dominant big man at all, no doubt. But he's still the Center in the NBA that can have the biggest impact right now on both sides of the ball where big men who make a big impact matter more than any other position.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
NBA GAF's approach to Dwight is comical.

Dude still put up offensive numbers despite playing with pain in his back all year and his shoulder for half of it. Hell, he looked like Kwame for 2 months to start thanks to the back.

He also showed late in the season what he can still do defensively.

Last year everyone believed Dwight was a top 5 player, all of a sudden he ain't worth $10 mil a year? lol

NBA-GAF goes through massive mood swings, man. Dwight is quite clearly a max player in the NBA. As Ninja said, he's not a Shaq or Hakeem dominant big man at all, no doubt. But he's still the Center in the NBA that can have the biggest impact right now on both sides of the ball where big men who make a big impact matter more than any other position.
Come here and get a hug, loser bro

:3

Smokey

Morey gets a 4 year extension

#TheWizard

And they reassured Mchale would keep his job next year. sorry rockets guys

im not mad. the wizard stays and mchale is what he is. hopefully he'll have learned some things and the team will has well.

eat it

Nori Chan

im not mad. the wizard stays and mchale is what he is. hopefully he'll have learned some things and the team will has well.

eat it

eat what

i merely just reported the news and said sorry because all you guys were lol mcfail

asshole you deserve schoob you piece of shit

Smokey

eat what

i merely just reported the news and said sorry because all you guys were lol mcfail

asshole you deserve schoob you piece of shit

olol at least he's not pringles. also i hope you never get a nfl team and are stuck with shitty usc

thekad

Banned
Sign CP3 outright with the cap space. Deal Asik and Lin to the Lakers or a third team for Dwight in a S&T.

CP3/Beverley
Harden/Anderson
Parsons/Garcia(vet min)
Motie/Jones
Dwight/Smith

Heat v Rockets not once not twice

giri

Sign CP3 outright with the cap space. Deal Asik and Lin to the Lakers or a third team for Dwight in a S&T.

CP3/Beverley
Harden/Anderson
Parsons/Garcia(vet min)
Motie/Jones
Dwight/Smith

Heat v Rockets not once not twice
i think cp3,harden, parsons, millsap, asik sounds like a better team.

It does, but it won't be possible. Houston has at least 40 million committed before signing CP3 to about $20 mil a year. Milsap ain't coming for $5 mil.

I had this horrible dream that the Jazz did a S&T of Millsap for Jeremy Lin and Thomas Robinson and I think that could work cap-wise so I guess it could happen (if the world and the Jazz just hate Jazz fans)

Top Bottom