• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Glen Taylor is actually buying out his minority partners. He now owns all of the Wolves, sans a small bit that Flip Saunders is getting.

Oh god.
So the owners are Glen Taylor and Flip??

lolololololol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The only reason Lillard's raw stats are better is because Anthony Davis had Ryan Anderson backing him up and taking minutes from him whereas Lillard's backup was Ronnie Price/Eric Maynor. They scored basically the same amount of points per 36 minutes despite the Hornets playing at an unbelievably slow pace (before even getting into Davis' defensive superiority)

Maynor was really good for Portland and played a significant amount of backup minutes, and that didn't seem to hinder Lillard at all. In fact, Lillard's best month of March was also Maynor's best month by far.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
So the owners are Glen Taylor and Flip??

lolololololol

Yeah, because you have to give Flip Saunders the godfather offer to become your next GM, right?

I've heard that Flip's stake is like $8M, which is a only couple percent, but why?

reilo

Yeah, because you have to give Flip Saunders the godfather offer to become your next GM, right?

I've heard that Flip's stake is like $8M, which is a only couple percent, but why?

New TV deal will turn that $8M into $16M.

Rodeo Clown

New TV deal will turn that $8M into $16M.

I'm pretty sure that the Wolves' value won't double (that would be close to $600M, which they won't reach for a lot of reasons like the market, Target Center, and their FSN deal, which is where the money is these days), but Flip's stake will only increase in value, that's true.

It's pretty strange and very Timberwolves. Flip coming back as GM, well, yeah, of course. Taylor runs a country club. But he didn't need a stake in the franchise. He's not Phil Jackson or Pat Riley or anything.

Rodeo Clown

Rick Adelman thought pretty highly of David Kahn. When Taylor asked him about hiring Flip:

"‘Gee, somebody with experience around to help me, somebody to talk to that understands? I think that would be great."

No, he didn't. He wasn't here when Wes was picked and he only got burn out of necessity. Wes was one of the players Adelman really wanted to get rid of.

Not according to Kahn.

Kahn on the Wes Johnson pick said:
One of the selling points to Rick (Adelman) on this job when he was watching film of the team, he really liked Wes Johnson. And there was a lot to like about Wes. He was athletic. Even though he didn’t have a ball that had a lot of rotation on it, seemed to go in from a distance. You could really see him developing into an elite defender. I just think one of the things we missed was I’m not sure at the time his commitment was what was necessary. And I can’t speak for what he’s been like in Phoenix, but I’m noticing that it looks like they may be wanting to bring him back.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2013/05/ousted_timberwolves_president.html

Kevtones

Wonder if Portland has a shot at Nate Robinson? Always loved his game and his personality is perfect for the Blazers. Don't hate Maynor but he seems potentially stop-gap.

Expect big things out of Leonard and Barton next year. Barton's game really adapted over the course of the season and if he can eat some steaks/find a jumper - look out.

I think Claver stays on but we lose Freeland along with Babbitt, Smith, Pavlovic,

Branduil

But not for Booz. Nice try. No new contracts. I would literally trade Pau for nothing. Literally nothing. Just cap space.

That would be pretty difficult. The only way that's possible is trading him to a team with 20 million in cap space that also wants old Pau Gasol for some reason.

CP3
Harden
Parsons
Terrence Jones
Asik

With Beverley, Lin, Donuts, and Delfino off the bench could be pretty good.

Wonder if this scenario could come to be, makes a lot of sense...

The pace whiplash from year to year would be hilarious though.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But not for Booz. Nice try. No new contracts. I would literally trade Pau for nothing. Literally nothing. Just cap space.
Then, you're not trading him. Why would anyone want an older disgruntled Pau? Booz outplayed him this season, and Pau's body seems to be falling apart now.

Then, you're not trading him. Why would anyone want an older disgruntled Pau? Booz outplayed him this season, and Pau's body seems to be falling apart now.

He played really well in the playoffs, and is on the final year of his contract. I could see a lot of teams wanting him to make a run next season. Pau has a lot of value, especially if the Lakers aren't asking for the world in return. It's not like I'm expecting to get Rondo or CP3 for him.

DarkFlow

Banned
So who's it looking like the suns will draft? I saw some mocks saying McLemore, but I don't see anyone we get making much of a impact with that mess of a team. We need a new owner who's not a cheap ass, I mean we drafted rondo and then sold him to the celtics for cash money, what a waste. Oh I also forgot, we turned that rondo deal into Rudy Fernández in the next draft, and got rid of him too. I mean WTF.

reilo

CP3
Harden
Parsons
Terrence Jones
Asik

With Beverley, Lin, Donuts, and Delfino off the bench could be pretty good.

Wonder if this scenario could come to be, makes a lot of sense...

The pace whiplash from year to year would be hilarious though.

CP3 is going to Dallas with Dwight. Do it Cuban.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He played really well in the playoffs, and is on the final year of his contract. I could see a lot of teams wanting him to make a run next season. Pau has a lot of value, especially if the Lakers aren't asking for the world in return. It's not like I'm expecting to get Rondo or CP3 for him.
Then, it may just be better to keep him and take the cap space, if he's not going to be used to bring in a major talent.

Top Bottom