• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

If this happens without losing Lopez, the team would be:

1: Deron Williams
2: Joe Johnson
3: Paul Pierce
4: Kevin Garnett
5: Brook Lopez

With Kidd as coach. That bench would still be garbage, but provided everyone stays healthy and does even just what they did last season, that team's no joke.

Did you guys even watch Houston play last year? They're a fast team. Dwight Howard bricking free throws is going to totally fuck that up. They'll be forced to play more half court basketball and I think that is an awful idea with their personnel.
Asik bricking Fts didn't fuck anything up.
Houston doesn't even have an offense, Parsons even said they make up shit as they go along and having Dwight wouldn't necessarily slow them down. They'd still run teams out the gym with Dwight gobbling all the rebounds.
Dwight loves the pick n roll, Harden is good in the pick n roll. harden is a great passer. Also did you watch Houston? Asik has bad hands, Dwight can handle Harden's passes.

If anything, they're offense would be better as Hardn wouldn't have as big of a load to carry on offense. If anything, his game would improve.
Their offense will slow down and the ball will be out of Harden's hands more. Dwight is going to demand that the ball needs to go through him.
Dwight's never demanded the ball his entire career. He just wants his shots.

With Kidd as coach. That bench would still be garbage, but provided everyone stays healthy and does even just what they did last season, that team's no joke.

eh, this has 2004 Lakers written all over it.

effzee

who the fuck?

Didn't she play for the WNBA at one point?

3 first round picks? WTF? WHY?

First hiring Kidd and now this trade? Sounds like splash headline news moves. Sure Deron under the guidance of Kidd, with Pierce and KG could theoretically work in the East but that assumed Deron Williams is coach-able, Brook Lopez isn't part of the deal or will stay healthy, AND both Pierce and KG can still play at decent levels.

lakers probably don't know how to tank though

kobe will come back in march and they win 12 games in a row just like sancha predicted and end up as the 11th worst team in the league

lakers probably don't know how to tank though

kobe will come back in march and they win 12 games in a row just like sancha predicted and end up as the 11th worst team in the league

like Stern won't leave a Frozen Envelope in that situation?

"OMG THE LAKER WITH THE UNPRECEDENTED .2% CHANCE TO WIN THE LOTTERY...WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS??"

shit will be easy...

Maybe they will "hide" it by only giving them the 3rd pick or something./

They'd still have Green, Crash, Rondo, Bradley, Sullinger, etc. That's not even close to the worst team in the East.

If Celts are serious they could ship Rondo too, since they won't be doing shit with Crash and his contract. No reason for a half measure.

That's very likely a two seed in the East. Never underestimate the shittiness of the East.

Joe is washed up, Pierce is dead, KG has a few good games left in him, Lopez just got a screw replaced in his foot, Deron was banged up all season and has chronic ankle issues.

They're less 04 Lakers and more 13 Lakers.

That will sure be one expensive payroll just to get to the second round.

Bread

Banned
That team would be so insane offensively, that's almost the perfect combination of player types for any situation.

God I hate Wallace though. His game is so terrible now.

I only like this trade if we can pawn Wallace off to the Cavs or something like that.

By the way, can we discuss how much stuff in Broussard's D12 article is things he made up fan-fiction style, or how much of it is something he's actually heard?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...-not-likely-re-sign-dwight-howard-sources-say

Howard's major problem with the Lakers is the system that coach Mike D'Antoni employs. Beyond that, he did not enjoy playing with Kobe Bryant, though he could manage to do so in a different system, a source said. Howard also does not want to be second fiddle to Bryant for several more seasons.

Howard likes the idea of being the top superstar of a franchise and with Dirk Nowitzki aging, Dallas would be viewed as Howard's team. Howard also believes the Mavericks can build a championship roster around him with the ample cap space they will have in the summer of 2014.

Some close to Howard believe signing with Houston is his best option. Howard has been in contact with Rockets players James Harden and Chandler Parsons, both of whom are heavily recruiting him.

Howard, however, has concerns about the Rockets' style of play, sources say. While he likes the idea of playing for coach Kevin McHale, he sees that they play an up-tempo, perimeter-oriented style that does not feature post play.

To get Howard, the Rockets will have to convince him that they will play a style more conducive to his skills.

it's like broussard read gaf and we're his sources

thekad

Banned
Arguing over which team would be better with Dwight is kind of moot, his dumbass could sign anywhere for any amount of dumb reasons.
grant_h_parsons_sl_576.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That's why you like Boozer and his loser mentality. Finals aren't shit unless you win them.
How the fuck would you know what the Finals felt like? You're a Bulls fan! The last time you got close was 15 years ago!

My team, on the other hand, just won one in 2010.

How the fuck would you know what the Finals felt like? You're a Bulls fan! The last time you got close was 15 years ago!

My team, on the other hand, just won one in 2010.

I've lurked here for a while. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you weren't a Laker's fan in 2010, right? So 2010 doesn't count since you weren't rooting for them then.

Tom Penny

That will sure be one expensive payroll just to get to the second round.

I disagree. IF healthy that team is easily in the Eastern conference Finals. That is 5 starters all with some actual skill.

As far has D12 goes why would he want to re injure his back trying to carry Kobe on it?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Muscala was the 4th best rebounder in all of college basketball last year, so I don't buy the he doesn't like contact line. Bucknell had one athletic trainer for all sports, let him actually get in a gym with trainers concentrating solely on him and watch out.

I liked Mitchell prior to last season, but he really regressed this season. He is incredibly athletic, but he's not the brightest crayon in the box. Muscala will be the better player long term.

I should of emphasized they said he doesn't like dealing with contact in the paint with guys his own height or bigger (pause). His per is crazy like +36 so there has to be something beside him being 15 pounds underweight that has everyone insisting he is a high second rounder. Especially in this draft.

Also lol man the nets are OD desperate and how the fuck is Kidd going to get all those ego's to function. Its amazing to see a team work this hard to try to overtake the Knicks in regular season wins....

I disagree. IF healthy that team is easily in the Eastern conference Finals. That is 5 starters all with some actual skill.

As far has D12 goes why would he want to re injure his back trying to carry Kobe on it?

Yeah, I'm with you. KG and Pierce both looked pretty decent last year and that was with a ton of injuries on that Boston team. Everyone else on the Nets would get better by default.

I swear Billy King is plays NBA live 09 before making trades. Dude stays coming up with trade ideas that would have been awesome 4 years ago.

same shit he did here with Mutumbo.

If that deal goes through the NYets are probably corpses by the playoffs, old injury prone and trying to cover for their shit bench all season. Liable to get got in the first round.

Bread

Banned
I really hate the fact that the Celtics would have 30 million tied up between Rondo, Green, and Wallace for the next 2 or 3 years...

thekad

Banned
Humphries and Crash were nobodies last season and it should cost the Nets at least 5 firsts to shed that ugly ass contract. Billy King is actually winning that trade.

Kidd as HC is still clown shoes and should automatically get the franchise sent back to New Jersey as punishment though.

That would be an amazing trade for nets. Wallace and humphries are garbage and Wallace's contract is horrible.

That starting 5 is crazy but not sure there's enough ball for all 5. Kg won't be an issue but 3 ball handlers and a post player...

effzee

I swear Billy King is plays NBA live 09 before making trades. Dude stays coming up with trade ideas that would have been awesome 4 years ago.

same shit he did here with Mutumbo.

Mutumbo was all Larry Brown. He didn't like young guys, rookies, and wanted to go for it all right then and there. Sacrificed a potential positive future with Theo to pick up Mutumbo running on fumes.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Have you learned nothing from last years Lakers.... A bad (rookie coach) no real youth (or depth) and some vets phoning it in cause their miserable don't make a conference finals team brush.

Top Bottom