• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This is NOT photoshopped.

QMnV2b0.jpg

Dolphins follow Booz around in nature's recognition of his greatness.

Vahagn

Just read the Dwight news. As I've been saying all along. Peace.

Wrote post after post talking about how I didn't want him here before the trade, and wouldn't care if he decided to leave after it, just really glad we got out of the Bynum max mistake.

Sucks that Kobe won't have a competitive team for the rest of his career, but oh well, them's the breaks. It was a great decade.

Okay, LA prefers to go to either Bulls or Mavs, so that means Cubes needs to convince Howard that we'll also be able to pry Aldridge away next year to combine a dynamic 4-5 for years to come. This would mean Dirk can sign for less, and become 6th man of the year until he retires.

Dreamin LARGE

Vahagn

Okay, LA prefers to go to either Bulls or Mavs, so that means Cubes needs to convince Howard that we'll also be able to pry Aldridge away next year to combine a dynamic 4-5 for years to come. This would mean Dirk can sign for less, and become 6th man of the year until he retires.

Dreamin LARGE

If your franchise gets LMA and makes Dirk the 6th man, honestly, I'll laugh.

Kobe sits out a year, Pau fakes an injury and chills with his bro Kobe in a suit for the season, Meta World Peace and assorted scrubs tank it up(but don't lose against the Bobcats, can't make it TOO obvious), WIGGINS FUTURE, Phil Jackson walks through that door, Kobe Bryant walks through that door, LeBron James walks through that door after a threepeat and right before Wade's knees shatter

#themindofaKonex

*sigh*

All these free agents and whathaveyou, and we can't move to try to get any of them.
It'd be great to get a real PF that can shoot to let Melo be the 3 again. It'd be great to get an upgraded PG so that we can consistently run that 2-guard set and keep the ball moving/increase the playmaking...but loooooooooool. :(

Dallas could be really intriguing if they landed Dwight. Dirk isn't going to get up in his face and yell at him like Kobe will and they'll be less pressure there. Not to mention that Cuban has a ton of money to blow.

Fox318

*sigh*

All these free agents and whathaveyou, and we can't move to try to get any of them.
It'd be great to get a real PF that can shoot to let Melo be the 3 again. It'd be great to get an upgraded PG so that we can consistently run that 2-guard set and keep the ball moving/increase the playmaking...but loooooooooool. :(

sns6mg7.png

DO IT PRINGLES

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
lulz what the hell

Man, someone really mangled what Jason Quick wrote. Here's the actual article, with proper context, and really, Quick's own musings:

I doubt it, unless it includes Portland getting either Atlanta’s Al Horford, New Orleans’ Anthony Davis, New Jersey’s Brook Lopez, or the Clippers’ Blake Griffin.

See, Aldridge wants to end his seven-year run with the Blazers because he thinks Portland is too small. Too boring.

The day before the end of the 2012-2013 season, before a game at the Clippers in Los Angeles, some third-hand knowledge had been passed down to me on my way to the arena: Aldridge was unhappy in Portland and wanted out. So I cornered the Trail Blazers star outside the locker room, before the game, and asked how he felt about Portland.

“What do you mean, feel?’’ Aldridge asked warily.

“How do you feel about the city, the team?’’

“I’m fine,’’ he said shortly.

I told him he didn’t sound very convincing.

As we leaned against a wall, and other players walked in and out of the locker room, I asked Aldridge if he had asked to be traded or anything along those lines.

“No,’’ he said. “We haven’t talked about that.’’

Do you want to be moved?

“I’m fine. Like I said, it was a tough season, but I’m not trying to jump ship. We will sit down and we will talk about who we are going to bring in, and what things will happen and we will go from there.’’

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2013/06/blazers_insider_although_lamar.html

Read the whole thing. I like Jason Quick, but this was a terribly written opinion piece.

He's goin in without lube

Somebody check on Reilo

?

I've been saying for a year now that the best time to trade LMA is this summer while he has 2 years left on his contract.

The problem is that this draft is so fucking terrible.

Only an idiot would choose Dallas over Houston. I can't wait to heckle Dwight when The Mavericks visit Staples Center.

Lin's contract is awful and Dallas can build a team around Dwight. Dwight wants his own team. Dallas is that team. Houston is Harden's team and everyone knows it. Even he knows it.

Cornbread78

Kobe sits out a year, Pau fakes an injury and chills with his bro Kobe in a suit for the season, Meta World Peace and assorted scrubs tank it up(but don't lose against the Bobcats, can't make it TOO obvious), WIGGINS FUTURE, Phil Jackson walks through that door, Kobe Bryant walks through that door, LeBron James walks through that door after a threepeat and right before Wade's knees shatter

#themindofaKonex

you say this as a joke, yet this is the NBA, it can be done with a little "massaging" from the top lol.

Lin's contract is awful and Dallas can build a team around Dwight. Dwight wants his own team. Dallas is that team. Houston is Harden's team and everyone knows it. Even he knows it.

Houston's roster with Dwight is better than Dallas' with Dwight. James Harden is like the ideal wing for Dwight, and he's 23. Dirk could die any second now, it's basically a lateral move to go from LA to Dallas.

you think Harden, a guy who was completely fine with coming off the bench gives a fuck about who's team it is?

lmao whatever man.

Houston is the youngest team in the league and already has shooters to surround Dwight with along with the perfect wing in Harden, perfect situation.

reilo

AWoj said:
Nate McMillan is finalizing an agreement to become the top assistant coach with the Indiana Pacers, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Huh. Ok. Congrats Nate. More fuckball in Indiana.

reilo

Does Aldridge want out of Portland? Yes and no, a source close to the 6-10 forward informed CSNNW.com. If Portland doesn't have plans to drastically improve its roster in time for the 2013-14 NBA season, Aldridge would prefer to be moved, and his first choice would be Chicago, the source said.
"LaMarcus loves Portland," said the source. "He spent seven years there and grew as a man. Him going back is a possibility and he knows that. He's a professional, it wouldn't be an issue."

http://www.csnnw.com/blog/blazers-t...moved-contender-not-oppose-returning-portland

HERP DERP SOURCES

Only an idiot would choose Dallas over Houston. I can't wait to heckle Dwight when The Mavericks visit Staples Center.

Why's that? Dirk is better than all of the players that the Rockets have, plus Dwight will be the main player in Dallas, which is what he wants. If he goes to Houston, he's still going to be overlooked by Harden. Not to mention that the Mavs have a great owner that Howard would surely get along with, an absolutely great coach, and a winning franchise. They just have to sell him on having cap space, plus Dirk coming back on the cheap to get higher tier players moving forward.

Bread

Banned
Why's that? Dirk is better than all of the players that the Rockets have, plus Dwight will be the main player in Dallas, which is what he wants. If he goes to Houston, he's still going to be overlooked by Harden. Not to mention that the Mavs have a great owner that Howard would surely get along with, an absolutely great coach, and a winning franchise. They just have to sell him on having cap space, plus Dirk coming back on the cheap to get higher tier players moving forward.
Seriously? The Rockets have a team. They have a lot of young talent on good contracts. The Mavs have Dirk...and money. Dwight goes to the Mavs and he is the centerpiece on a mediocre team, he goes to the Rockets and they're a serious contender.

Nori Chan

Pfft, I've always said I don't care if he's a two faced coward, dude is a defensive beast when healthy but if he's leaving so be it.

I'm fine with tanking and middling and failing for a while. Not for 40 years but you get what I'm saying.
Speaking like a true #NeoLakers

Let Dwight walk 2013

Edit: I just saw Shane battier's Twitcon. God I am full of rage

Houston is younger, more talented and would be better bait for FAs than Dallas. Houston has tons of shooters, it'd be like his Orlando squad with less defensive liabilities and much younger with a bigger window.

Marion, Dirk vs Harden isn't a hard decision given their ages. Dwight can't be 'the guy' he's too limited offensively. He can be fooled into thinking he's the guy in Houston cause Harden doesn't care about that and Morey can just paint him as the franchise guy while Harden makes Dwight look good on the court.

Dallas fans are aware that Dirk is 35 right?

Speaking like a true #NeoLakers

Let Dwight walk 2013

Edit: I just saw Shane battier's Twitcon. God I am full of rage

58cbe5808d6f8c5fbce15a6425b33aff.jpeg

Houston is the youngest team in the league and already has shooters to surround Dwight with along with the perfect wing in Harden, perfect situation.

Dirk is 35 and put up nearly 18 points last year coming off of knee surgery. He's not an athletic player. He'll be able to shoot as long as he's in the league. He's the ultimate floor spacer. People thought Dwight made Ryan Anderson look good? Wait and see all the wide open looks Dirk gets if Dwight goes there.

Seriously? The Rockets have a team. They have a lot of young talent on good contracts. The Mavs have Dirk...and money. Dwight goes to the Mavs and he is the centerpiece on a mediocre team, he goes to the Rockets and they're a serious contender.

The Mavs would have been ahead of the Rockets in the standings if Dirk would have been healthy. They were only like 2 games behind. Who do the Rockets have besides Parsons and Harden? Asik doesn't matter since he'll either be traded or just a bench player again. The Mavs will be able to have Dirk/Howard then a bunch of cap space. If you think they couldn't get some good players with that space then you're crazy.

Vahagn

Dirk is a god in Dallas. Dwight's not going to be the guy there any time soon. And broken down injured Dirk is still 10000000000 times better as an offensive option than Dwight.

Dwight has a better chance to be "the guy" in Houston with a team with no true franchise guys and no seasoned Rockets and a coach who loves/develops/prefers bigs than he does with Cuban/Carlisle who are in love, justifiably, with Dirk.

Mavs fans are kidding themselves.

Houston is younger, more talented and would be better bait for FAs than Dallas. Houston has tons of shooters, it'd be like his Orlando squad with less defensive liabilities and much younger with a bigger window.

Marion, Dirk vs Harden isn't a hard decision given their ages. Dwight can't be 'the guy' he's too limited offensively. He can be fooled into thinking he's the guy in Houston cause Harden doesn't care about that and Morey can just paint him as the franchise guy while Harden makes Dwight look good on the court.

Dallas fans are aware that Dirk is 35 right?

They basically only have Harden and Parsons as shooters at this point.

I wouldn't go to Dallas though.

Top Bottom