• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Wade underwent some Ossatron shockwave treatment shit on his knees last month. That's the same shit he went with prior to his healthy, elite bounce-back season in 08-09...

im-praying-for-you-really.jpg

But I thought Biogenesis closed?

KingGondo

Banned
I am starting to fear what our redesign is going to look like. MJ supposedly hired the guy who did the original design, so I hope they end up going with whatever he comes up with.
I actually really like the current Bobs unis.

These Hornets unis submitted to Uni Watch are really nice though.

Rodeo Clown said:
When are those awful sleeved jerseys going away?

Someone please tell me they're going away.
Haha, not while Adidas has the NBA's uniform contract. They've gotten caught up in the arms race with Nike and have mistaken gimmickry for good design.

Their CFB and CBB uniforms are awful.

I'll be keeping my eye on Mitch McGary and Doug McDermott this year as I expect them to be available around when the Wiz are selecting.

Both are pretty promising prospects.

lol, I have you guys taking McGary at 19 on the early mock I put together when I was bored.

yea we'll see, I think we'll be around 16 in terms of selection

Mitch Kupchak doesn't see the advantage in the tanking the coming season for a lottery pick.

"The ping-pong lottery thing, even if you have the very worst team in the NBA, you're not guaranteed to get the first pick," Kupchak said. "I'm not sure getting into the lottery and ending up with 10, 11, 12, 13 or 14 is going to give us a top one or two pick in the draft.

"We still may end up drafting 12, 13 or 14, which is not a great place to draft if you just look back on drafts in this league.”

so basically he doesn't understand how to tank

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I still don't believe Randle's age.

Dude looks like he's played at least 3 seasons for Nick Saban

I was kind of iffy about Randle before since he seemed to care more about points and being cool than winning, but all the reports about this Summer have been good with him apparently hitting the weight room pretty intensely after not lifting in high school (and he does look in much better shape than he did a few months ago so it doesn't seem like it's all talk). It's going to be interesting to see how good he is at Kentucky.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I still don't believe Randle's age.

Dude looks like he's played at least 3 seasons for Nick Saban

I'd like to see they actually check birth certificates but the whole Shabazz debacle showed that its actually not that difficult to cheat the system if you really wanted to.

I was kind of iffy about Randle before since he seemed to care more about points and being cool than winning, but all the reports about this Summer have been good with him apparently hitting the weight room pretty intensely after not lifting in high school (and he does look in much better shape than he did a few months ago so it doesn't seem like it's all talk). It's going to be interesting to see how good he is at Kentucky.

If the Jazz end up picking in the 4 to 8 range who would you be looking at?

If the Jazz end up picking in the 4 to 8 range who would you be looking at?

I don't have an opinion on any of the guys past Wiggins, Randle, and Exum yet, I want to see all of these guys play a lot more since I think all of them have questions. I guess I would lean towards Parker because the team could maybe use a stretch 4 (if Kanter and Favors struggle together due to both massively preferring the interior) and another shotcreator.

Looks like Sanders will be taking 4 years 44 million.

The dollars are probably irrelevant since they won't be competitive unless the end of that contract though lul

SamuraiX-

VJ1BKQ1.png

And just like that, Larry Sanders went from being an underrated, dependable contributor to being the next Trevor Ariza.

Fucking Bucks.

I don't think Parker will fall out of the top 3. You guys could definitely use a shot creator so someone like Exum or Hezonja would be a good fit. Coincidentally, that's exactly who I think we should be looking at.

Also Faze you gotta shoot higher than the 8 seed, you had a top 10 defense when healthy and split the season series with the top seeds in the West. The Wizards are going to be a force this year.

Shaun Kemp looks a lot more healthy than he did a few years ago. Shit,the Heat would have been better off signing him than Greg Oden

I´ll be in Seattle in december and i´ll try to visit Oskar´s kitchen to see if i can meet him in person.

I´ve only had two childhood heroes, Ayrton Senna and Kemp.

Pimpwerx

Wade declared his intent to sign long-term with the Heat. That's perfect. It sets the tone for Bosh and Bron. If he's staying, I don't see either of them going anywhere. I didn't see that happening anyway, but it's nice to have one commitment already. The Big3 Era going for that extension. PEACE.

DY_nasty

Wade declared his intent to sign long-term with the Heat. That's perfect. It sets the tone for Bosh and Bron. If he's staying, I don't see either of them going anywhere. I didn't see that happening anyway, but it's nice to have one commitment already. The Big3 Era going for that extension. PEACE.
Wade gonna be the next Allan Houston

SamuraiX-

That's an extremely inexpensive deal for the Bucks, almost a steal.

Larry Sanders was a top 3 defensive player last year/
11mil a year for a 24 yo defensive anchor is not an overpay. This is the going rate for a good big man and Sanders qualifies.

This kind of logic is why we had a lockout.

Sanders wasn't even in the final year of his rookie contract. Hammond should have waited to see if Sanders could at the very least reproduce his performance this season and ideally improve upon it. I've always been a fan of Sanders ever since he was first drafted but this just gives him incentive to chill and not give a fuck, which is compounded by the fact that he plays for the Milwaukee Bucks.

I don't think wade was ever in question for leaving thru FA. Don't see him getting many suitors. But honestly, the field doesn't look as big as it did around this time before the 2010 season anyway. I expect that to change by season's end but I think it's weird.

I don't think wade was ever in question for leaving thru FA. Don't see him getting many suitors. But honestly, the field doesn't look as big as it did around this time before the 2010 season anyway. I expect that to change by season's end but I think it's weird.

IF Wade were to actually become a free agent, I actually think there would be a decent amount of teams out there who would give him a pretty hefty contract even with his age and declining athletic ability. He's a big name and will sell tickets and at least bring some relevancy to some shitty franchise

Wade, on bypassing Germany and knee treatment there,"If I get kneed in my knee again, is it bone-bruise proof? It's not a structural thing."

Dwyane Wade, on the Nets, "Brooklyn has done something unprecedented, to put five All-Star players on the floor."

Wade, on the Heat going for a three-peat, "We have to have a different motivation this year."

Wade said, "I won't be ready for opening night when training camp opens," but said he would be ready for opening night by opening night.

Of his role this coming season, Wade said, "It could be more, hopefully not less."

Wade quotes from his camp.

DY_nasty

IF Wade were to actually become a free agent, I actually think there would be a decent amount of teams out there who would give him a pretty hefty contract even with his age and declining athletic ability. He's a big name and will sell tickets and at least bring some relevancy to some shitty franchise

Wade for Kobe S&T

Bread

Banned
I hope for Lebron's sake that he doesn't stay in Miami, no way that team is going to win many more championships with old Wade.

Do you expect a GM to defend tanking?

What do you honestly expect him to say?

I would expect a "tanking doesn't fit with our culture" statement before a "even if we intentionally lost games, we'd probably only end with the 10th pick" statement. Mitch's statement comes off as weirdly phrased and kind of delusional.

I think I speak on behalf of all non-Heat fans and/or people who hate the HGHeat when I say:

"Yes, Wade, please sign a LOOOONG contract extension."

Pretty much confirms they will be hot garbage in a few years.

I hope for Lebron's sake that he doesn't stay in Miami, no way that team is going to win many more championships with old Wade.

All he has to do is contribute on a level that matches Vince Carter's current production. And LeBron will lead the way.

Big 3 will have to take a pay cut again.

I would expect a "tanking doesn't fit with our culture" statement before a "even if we intentionally lost games, we'd probably only end with the 10th pick" statement. Mitch's statement comes off as weirdly phrased and kind of delusional.

His quote wasn't on tanking, it was on being in the lottery. he was asked about using this year as a "rebuilding year." Maybe you can think about it as tanking, but players never tank. So he was basically saying that if they look at this year as a rebuilding and do get in the lottery, it still might be the 10th pick.

And of course, he's right in that.

Leave it to sports media to ignore context. The word "tank" never came up at all.

All he has to do is contribute on a level that matches Vince Carter's current production. And LeBron will lead the way.

LeBron might stay on the heat but he's going to ask for the full real max if nothing else.

State tax or no he's getting paid John Wall money right now.

Bread

Banned

lol @ the guy who will get paid like 15 million a year contributing at vince carter level

the heat are going to get weak as fuck unless wade takes a huuuuge paycut, which i can't see happening because he is dwyane wade.

His quote wasn't on tanking, it was on being in the lottery. he was asked about using this year as a "rebuilding year." Maybe you can think about it as tanking, but players never tank. So he was basically saying that if they look at this year as a rebuilding and do get in the lottery, it still might be the 10th pick.

Leave it to sports media to ignore context. The word "tank" never came up at all.

That makes more sense.

Bro, Cowherd basically asked him to take the year off. Mitch basically said, it wasnt worth it. And they have cap space anyway.

Its all about Wiggins. Of course they were talking about tanking.

Bro, Cowherd basically asked him to take the year off. Mitch basically said, it wasnt worth it. And they have cap space anyway.

Its all about Wiggins. Of course they were talking about tanking.

How do you take a year off other than by shipping off all your good players? And in Mitch's case, expensive players that require lots of money coming back. This isn't Philly with young guys on non-max contracts. I will repeat, players don't tank. You can't tell them to play poorly.

Mitch put together a sneaky semi-tank team, anyway. he just can't admit to it. His answer made perfect sense given the context of Cowherd's actual question.

Top Bottom