• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Emwitus

130913135457-hoops14-single-image-cut.jpg

New Look Lakers
I like.

Pimpwerx

I've never had issues with the screen size (I'm still on the 4S!) and outside of a couple of nagging things I can't do (set default apps), I don't see what Android does better or more "innovative" (I own a Nexus 7).

Yeah...some people don't think there's a need for magnum condoms either....LOL! I might care once my HTC One is unable to run all the latest games at highest detail and smooth framerates, but that's not the case yet. As it stands, screen real estate is a very big deal. My sister got the Samsung Mega and I'm in love with that screen. There's no such thing as too big, that's for sure. PEACE.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah...some people don't think there's a need for magnum condoms either....LOL! I might care once my HTC One is unable to run all the latest games at highest detail and smooth framerates, but that's not the case yet. As it stands, screen real estate is a very big deal. My sister got the Samsung Mega and I'm in love with that screen. There's no such thing as too big, that's for sure. PEACE.

I laughed at this way more than I should've lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

All I got from this was that your sister likes it big.

diehard

Fleer
Alec and Trey are working out with John Stockton, which is pretty cool.

Pimp, the Galaxy Mega is a half-assed phone with a huge screen slapped on it.. proof that the "gimmick" works.

Pimpwerx

So Kerr gets on Lebatard today and says Bulls are his pick to beat the Heat. The Bulls? Am I missing something? Did the Bulls pick up a second scorer that I didn't hear about? I'd swear they've got the same paltry offense, with a worse bench than they had in 2011. If he'd said Indy, I wouldn't have a problem, but if picking his former team isn't a homer pick, I don't know what is. I have no idea why more people aren't ripping him for those comments. Bulls aren't even the best team in their own division, much less the East.

Thibs will run the starters into the ground, then they'll run into the same issue in the playoffs of not being able to score once Rose gets erased by Bron. I'd bet money on Indy and Brooklyn before I'd put any on Chicago, and that's without even knowing if the Nets roster can actually co-exist. Fuck that guy. There's a reason I hate him on broadcasts. Kerr can eat all the dicks.

Alec and Trey are working out with John Stockton, which is pretty cool.

Pimp, the Galaxy Mega is a half-assed phone with a huge screen slapped on it.. proof that the "gimmick" works.

For productivity, that phone is plenty fast. My sister doesn't play games, so I didn't test any of those out, but it's plenty responsive as is, and that's running 4.2.2. I assume the Note3 is faster, but damn...that screen is bigger than my whole HTC One. I could swim in it. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Indiana is the most overrated team in the NBA since Nash's Suns.

They were a good team last year, and added more depth this year. Of the Eastern teams, they scare me the most. I'm not legit shook, but that's certainly the team I expect to give us the biggest challenge in this side of the playoff bracket.

If you want to talk about what's overrated, that would be Jimmy Butler. If that's the secondary scorer that's supposed to take them over the hump, then they've already lost. Some Bulls fans mention that the Bulls stole a game from Miami without Rose last year. Yeah...but that's with someone as quick and athletic as Rose going absolutely nuts, chucking up all orders of garbage that was going in. AND the Heat were coming off a layoff. If Rose does that for 7 games, then yeah...they're a threat. But I'm more likely to grow another foot in a year, and become the missing scorer they need, than that is likely to happen. PEACE.

DY_nasty

Weren't the pacers a coaching mistake away from beating the heat in the playoffs?

The Pacers are just 'that team' versus Miami. Like the Rockets were against the Lakers for a few years. Like Chicago was to Boston.They give Miami fits because of their specific composition but... if people actually look at the other 90% of their year, they look ass. Just good enough to separate themselves from the rest of the East but that's it.

Cipherr

I've never had issues with the screen size (I'm still on the 4S!) and outside of a couple of nagging things I can't do (set default apps), I don't see what Android does better or more "innovative" (I own a Nexus 7).

There's a lot of things Android does flat out better, notifications for one, file system management is another, one of the biggest is device variability. Do you want a MicroSD slot? A stylus and software to go with it? IR sensor? Waterproof? You don't even get to ask yourself those questions unless you are considering WP8 or Android. The device selection is a humongous deal because one size/type won't ever fit all.

Im not understanding this. He was out the whole fucking season. What exactly is fucking wrong with him. And why did Cleveland bother.

Indiana is the most overrated team in the NBA since Nash's Suns.

Can you please explain this. Indiana played good basketball last season. They clearly have some issues, especially at the PG position, and perhaps with offense as a whole. But they are far from a shitty team. I have no idea why people insist on acting like they didn't play hard and get reasonably far last year.

If they can improve on even ONE of their deficiencies this upcoming year, they will seriously be in the hunt for the ECF.

DY_nasty

They were a good team last year, and added more depth this year. Of the Eastern teams, they scare me the most. I'm not legit shook, but that's certainly the team I expect to give us the biggest challenge in this side of the playoff bracket.

If you want to talk about what's overrated, that would be Jimmy Butler. If that's the secondary scorer that's supposed to take them over the hump, then they've already lost. Some Bulls fans mention that the Bulls stole a game from Miami without Rose last year. Yeah...but that's with someone as quick and athletic as Rose going absolutely nuts, chucking up all orders of garbage that was going in. AND the Heat were coming off a layoff. If Rose does that for 7 games, then yeah...they're a threat. But I'm more likely to grow another foot in a year, and become the missing scorer they need, than that is likely to happen. PEACE.

The Bulls did a lot to impress me last year only because for the first time ever they looked like a competent and full team. Before, they ALWAYS depended on Rose just to get out of bed. They lost to Miami last year, but they did something that they couldn't do before in actually beating Miami without Rose doing everything and then some. With Rose coming back, and them being healthy ie NOT DEAD, I like their chances more than anyone else.

DY_nasty

Can you please explain this. Indiana played good basketball last season. They clearly have some issues, especially at the PG position, and perhaps with offense as a whole. But they are far from a shitty team. I have no idea why people insist on acting like they didn't play hard and get reasonably far last year.

If they can improve on even ONE of their deficiencies this upcoming year, they will seriously be in the hunt for the ECF.

They played terrible basketball and inflicted more wounds on themselves than even the Knicks. The only thing that keeps them in games is their defense - which operates solely on "Just crazy enough to work" principles as they love to pretend that Hibbert can cover ground in their defensive schemes for some reason. I don't think that they're a shitty team because the East is full of shitty teams. But how about this.

Look at each of their playoff runs in the past 2 years. The ONLY time they look 'good' is against Miami. They couldn't even look coherent against a Dwight-less, emotionally gutted Orlando team. They couldn't separate themselves from the Hawks. They let New York win a game when New York didn't even want to win a game. They get propped up for showing up against Miami when that's the only team that they ever look that good against for any length of time - and even then they're bipolar.

They're overrated. And their issues aren't simply their lack of PG play. Their issues... offensively, they don't even know what kind of team they want to be. They go from force-feeding West to forgetting he's on the court, they look to Paul George to be the man, then never think to actually design more than 3 plays for him, they have Hibbert floating around the high post way too fucking much, they don't move the ball... they're simply not good at offense. Its not just the PG. Hell, if anything they've proven themselves as a team that chews up PGs more than anything else.

Pimpwerx

Neat video showcasing Bron's post game from last year:

http://youtu.be/f_cEVwrnV5c

His footwork doesn't look all that graceful, but probably because he's a bit bowlegged. Either way, it's still pretty effective. Also worth noting is that he's capable of going in both directions out of the post. I wonder where he ranked in the league last year on post efficiency. PEACE.

DY_nasty

His footwork doesn't look all that graceful, but probably because he's a bit bowlegged. Either way, it's still pretty effective. Also worth noting is that he's capable of going in both directions out of the post. I wonder where he ranked in the league last year on post efficiency. PEACE.

His post game is not pretty at all, but I was really happy to see him actually take advantage of it finally. LBJ in the post opened up a whole different dimension for Miami last year. Sometimes, I close my eyes and I see that Wade got traded for Eric Gordon and I smile. Its nice to want things, but I guess Wade is really just fine with riding coattails and sipping on bitchassness as long as Lebron is around.

Pimpwerx

They played terrible basketball and inflicted more wounds on themselves than even the Knicks. The only thing that keeps them in games is their defense - which operates solely on "Just crazy enough to work" principles as they love to pretend that Hibbert can cover ground in their defensive schemes for some reason. I don't think that they're a shitty team because the East is full of shitty teams. But how about this.

Look at each of their playoff runs in the past 2 years. The ONLY time they look 'good' is against Miami. They couldn't even look coherent against a Dwight-less, emotionally gutted Orlando team. They couldn't separate themselves from the Hawks. They let New York win a game when New York didn't even want to win a game. They get propped up for showing up against Miami when that's the only team that they ever look that good against for any length of time - and even then they're bipolar.

They're overrated. And their issues aren't simply their lack of PG play. Their issues... offensively, they don't even know what kind of team they want to be. They go from force-feeding West to forgetting he's on the court, they look to Paul George to be the man, then never think to actually design more than 3 plays for him, they have Hibbert floating around the high post way too fucking much, they don't move the ball... they're simply not good at offense. Its not just the PG. Hell, if anything they've proven themselves as a team that chews up PGs more than anything else.

How is what you described worse than Chicago? Their defense may be less organized than Thibs', but if Hibbert gets reffed like he did in the ECF, then it's very good. Their offense is also more capable than Chicagos for the mere fact that they have multiple scorers. Roy, PG and West are all solid scoring options compared to the dreck that flanks Rose every night. Their big offensive addition this year was Mike 13.6PER Dunleavy, while Indy managed to land Cope and Scola's 16.8PERs.

Butler and Teague are going to have to compete for the MIP if they're going to be considered legit offensive help for Rose. I can see them winning their div or even the conference in the regular season, and then have people once again excuse their postseason defeat when their lack of talent is once again exposed. The Bulls aren't even paper tigers. That team is fueled by false hope. PEACE.

DY_nasty

How is what you described worse than Chicago? Their defense may be less organized than Thibs', but if Hibbert gets reffed like he did in the ECF, then it's very good. Their offense is also more capable than Chicagos for the mere fact that they have multiple scorers. Roy, PG and West are all solid scoring options compared to the dreck that flanks Rose every night. Their big offensive addition this year was Mike 13.6PER Dunleavy, while Indy managed to land Cope and Scola's 16.8PERs.

Butler and Teague are going to have to compete for the MIP if they're going to be considered legit offensive help for Rose. I can see them winning their div or even the conference in the regular season, and then have people once again excuse their postseason defeat when their lack of talent is once again exposed. The Bulls aren't even paper tigers. That team is fueled by false hope. PEACE.
Chicago grew up a lot last year. Many teams that are, basically, designed to support one guy like that never get the opportunity to mature without their start player - and fewer actually do as well as Chicago did on top of that. And they maintained their core too. Every player on Chicago's roster got better last year. Deng stopped running from the ball, Boozer was more consistent than he ever was before in that position, Butler found his role, Noah became a top center in the league... and if those guys were on the same page two years ago, when Rose was doing absolutely everything for that team just to get them from one game to the next, then maybe that series would've played out differently. With all of that, plus a healthy, stronger Rose, I like them over Indiana. Easily. Their issue was never a lack of talent. It was a lack of talent stepping up.

Indiana on the other hand has yet to ever look good more for more than 8 games at a time.

"Land Cope" is weird. You talking about Copeland from the Knicks?

Scola IS a great addition though. He should do a lot for them.

He better keep working on it and become more comfortable in the post.
Sometimes he just refuses to operate down there even though he's so effective there(especially on the left block).
I remembering hearing, either online or on the radio that he just doesn't like operating in the post.

Hope he learns to love it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
"Land Cope" is weird. You talking about Copeland from the Knicks?

Dy's right.

So I got to ask for future reference does anyone else think Cope's PER is equivalent to his actual skill level instead of being inflated by garbage minutes and/or open looks due to being the 3rd or 4th option on the perimeter?

jman2050

Weren't the pacers a coaching mistake away from beating the heat in the playoffs?

Well in that series Indiana played probably at the highest level their roster possibly could, they shot threes way better than normal, got most of the breaks their way, and posed several specific matchup problems against Miami that they exploited hard. They still lost the series.

Put another way, Miami was lucky to win the Finals against the Spurs. Miami was unlucky to lose three games to Indiana.

Much like the 90s Pacers or 00s Suns, they're perennial 2nd round/CF fodder.

I don't know why anyone would agree to a fantasy trade with Kad, since the dude is straight up trolling now.

First, he swindled Brandon Marshall for pennies on the dollar. Now, he wants me to give up the top defense in the league against the LOLJags so I can experience the wonder that is...Buffalo's defense and a garbage backup RB?

Want me to preemptively forfeit our head-to-head while I'm at it?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
iPhone benchmarks are always sky high...the end result user experience, on the other hand, always begs to differ with your expectations. Battery life is consistently horrendous no matter how much or little strain you put on it.

Former iPhone 3, 3GS, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5 owner

thekad

Banned
I don't know why anyone would agree to a fantasy trade with Kad, since the dude is straight up trolling now.

First, he swindled Brandon Marshall for pennies on the dollar. Now, he wants me to give up the top defense in the league against the LOLJags so I can experience the wonder that is...Buffalo's defense and a garbage backup RB?

Want me to preemptively forfeit our head-to-head while I'm at it?

Your running backs are Demarco Murray, Ryan Matthews and Knowshon Moreno so I'm doing you a favor. Do you really think you're going to get a much better running back than the one I offered for a defense?

Your running backs are Demarco Murray, Ryan Matthews and Knowshon Moreno so I'm doing you a favor. Do you really think you're going to get a much better running back than the one I offered for a defense?

All three of those backs are better than Fred Jackson. Get real.

Finally got to watch this and no, its not pretty at all. Im surprised they don't call travel more. They should make a mix of his mid range though. That's what got so smooth last year.

Videos like this are fun to watch..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN1GA_ml3iE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJM6cedrZgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rp1Vo04ju4

Originally Posted by Dark FaZe

2k has released some ratings:

•Derrick Rose (92)
•Jamal Crawford (80)
•Otto Porter (74)
•Russell Westbrook (91)
•Anthony Bennett (76)
•Pau Gasol (81)
•Evan Turner (76)
•Jared Dudley (73)
•Chris Johnson (66)
•Ben McLemore (72)
•Carmelo Anthony (92)
•Monta Ellis (82)
•Nerlens Noel (72)
•Peyton Siva (67)
•John Wall (85)
•Kevin Durant (94)
•LeBron James (99)
•Roy Hibbert (81)
•Victor Oladipo (76)
•Paul George (88)
•Cody Zeller (68)
•Brook Lopez (81)
yo REALLY?
yo REALLY?

Yea Zeller will be ass in the game until he forces them to up the stats.

You bolded the wrong part though, 2k having Nerlens ranked higher than Zeller when they were clearly basing rookie stat heirachy on draft placement shows how much more they like Nerlens than Zeller lul

oh Nerlens ;_;

I'm torn. On one hand I don't think knux deserves to suffer but on the other my heart won't take it if Nerlens is as good as I think he is.

Top Bottom