• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Westbrook plays defense.

And he honestly does get shit on a lot more than Wade for being a classic idiot.
Wade does too. And that's because wade during the year gave nobody much room for criticism, not past "he's not as good as 09!!" Or something. It's when he get hurt that the crows finally get fed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wade does too. And that's because wade during the year gave nobody much room for criticism, not past "he's not as good as 09!!" Or something. It's when he get hurt that the crows finally get fed.

Wade hasn't been a good defender since like... 2007, man.

He plays Kobe-defense.

What I find crazy is how Westbrook is constantly named as a top ten(even heard top five) player when his production was identical(arguably worse) than Wade, who gets shit on and called done. Bias?

Prior to the knee injury, Westbrook's game has been on the rise, improving year over year.

Wade is in decline.

I don't see what you find crazy here.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wade was so bad in the playoffs that they rested him for a game.

Wade hasn't been a good defender since like... 2007, man.

He plays Kobe-defense.
He hasn't been a liability in the three years the big three have played together.
Prior to the knee injury, Westbrook's game has been on the rise, improving year over year.

Wade is in decline.

I don't see what you find crazy here.
Wade is in the decline but Russell had a regression year over year whereas Wade got better. That shit cray

DY_nasty

Wait

How did Russell regress?

And Wade's not a Kevin Martin liability, duh, but he's nowhere near the defender Westbrook is.

Wait

How did Russell regress?

And Wade's not a Kevin Martin liability, duh, but he's nowhere near the defender Westbrook is.

He somehow scored slightly less points at a less efficient rate. Lockout year was his best year, offensively. I'd argue playoff wade is the better defendr also..

Naturally, you'll post zero facts to back up that because it's utter BS.

That's LVP-level, dude.

Lol because I make shit up? Is this your first rodeo?

FACTS;

Westbrook:
2012: 23.6 pts on 45.7%(easily career best) shooting
2013: 23.2 pts on 43.8% shooting(a percentage point under league average)

Wade:
2012: 22.1 pts on 49.7% shooting
2013: 21.2 pts on 52.1% shooting

Should I dive deeper?

Let's see...two more assists per game, slightly improved numbers on rebounds, steals, and turnovers.

Yep, he regressed.

By virtue of losing the teams best ball handler to a stupid FO and getting kevin martin in his place.
He's still the same dumbass player he was two-three years ago.

The Grizzlies at 49 (they won 54 games last year and just added a starting caliber center to fix their bench) and Bucks at 28.5 (they made a bunch of lateral moves on the perimeter and are getting better up front due to age) seem way too low whereas the Nuggets at 47 seems really high for a team that can't defend and will have Wilson Chandler probably as a second option for large parts of the season, but I guess those totals make sense for perception (the Grizzlies are small market, the Nuggets won 57 games last year and lost guys who didn't really score that much, Monta Ellis is viewed as good)

Jazz at 27.5 is depressing, but I don't think we'll be that bad.

DY_nasty

Lol because I make shit up? Is this your first rodeo?

FACTS;

Westbrook:
2012: 23.6 pts on 45.7%(easily career best) shooting
2013: 23.2 pts on 43.8% shooting(a percentage point under league average)

Wade:
2012: 22.1 pts on 49.7% shooting
2013: 21.2 pts on 52.1% shooting

Should I dive deeper?
Yeah, you should. You're talking about his shooting % dropping (not even significantly) after his team lost a top 3 SG in the league when nearly everything else improved. All while being one of the better defenders at his position in the league consistently. I don't understand how you can say Westbrook regressed. And I can't stand Westbrook.

Yeah, you should. You're talking about his shooting % dropping (not even significantly) after his team lost a top 3 SG in the league when nearly everything else improved. All while being one of the better defenders at his position in the league consistently. I don't understand how you can say Westbrook regressed. And I can't stand Westbrook.

Most all shooting percentages hover around that area, it takes alot of shots to alter a field goal percentage, specifically for a top ten scorer. He went from an above average perimeter scoring percentage to a mediocre one. He took 300 more shots year over year while missing 174 more and scoring less a game. He took 100 more threes If you ask me, he became an even dumber player. You can argue that he somehow didn't regress but please spare me the he got better shit.

You ask a top 10 scorer to step into a bigger role and there shouldn't be a regression in the slightest, especially for a player whose "career is on the rise". For wade to be as over the hill as you say and Russel to be as good, there should be no reason for this to even be a discussion, yet here we are with you throwing convenient excuses.

I've watched Wade his whole career, and Russell aint close to that

DY_nasty

Most all shooting percentages hover around that area, it takes alot of shots to alter a field goal percentage, specifically for a top ten scorer. He went from an above average perimeter scoring percentage to a mediocre one. He took 300 more shots year over year while missing 174 more and scoring less a game. He took 100 more threes If you ask me, he became an even dumber player. You can argue that he somehow didn't regress but please spare me the he got better shit.

You ask a top 10 scorer to step into a bigger role and there shouldn't be a regression in the slightest, especially for a player whose "career is on the rise". For wade to be as over the hill as you say and Russel to be as good, there should be no reason for this to even be a discussion, yet here we are with you throwing convenient excuses.
Of course he's going to take more shots. MVP Candidate James Harden left. That left a massive scoring vacuum in OKC. His shots, usage, assists... everything went up. That's what happens when you lose a great scorer on a team. Other people have to do more than they usually have to. This shouldn't be some startling revelation.

What gets me is that I never said anything about Westbrook as a scorer. I said "How did Westbrook regress" and you've not even looked at anything other than shooting %. I'm not sure that anyone would say that Westbrook is or ever will be a top 10 scorer in the league. He's not that kind of player. You can be top 5 at your position and not be anywhere near the top PPG players in league.

He improved pretty much everything last year. Its like... factual.

I don't think there's a defensive gap between Wade and Westbrook that would favor Westbrook. Wade can be lazy at times, but he's much better at protecting the paint, he seems better one-on-one, and Westbrook's mental lapses are as bad as Wade's lack of effort at times. I would have said before his knee injury that Westbrook was better because he had never missed a game ever whereas Wade is super injury-prone, but now Westbrook has shown that he can get hurt...But Wade also had that really bad playoff run so I don't know who I would say is better overall at this point, but I don't think Westbrook is any better than Wade defensively.

DY_nasty

I don't think there's a defensive gap between Wade and Westbrook that would favor Westbrook. Wade can be lazy at times, but he's much better at protecting the paint, he seems better one-on-one, and Westbrook's mental lapses are as bad as Wade's lack of effort at times. I would have said before his knee injury that Westbrook was better because he had never missed a game ever whereas Wade is super injury-prone, but now Westbrook has shown that he can get hurt...But Wade also had that really bad playoff run so I don't know who I would say is better overall at this point, but I don't think Westbrook is any better than Wade defensively.
Well Wade also has no problem throwing elbows and kicking people in the nuts so that's a factor too.

Of course he's going to take more shots. MVP Candidate James Harden left. That left a massive scoring vacuum in OKC. His shots, usage, assists... everything went up. That's what happens when you lose a great scorer on a team. Other people have to do more than they usually have to. This shouldn't be some startling revelation.

What gets me is that I never said anything about Westbrook as a scorer. I said "How did Westbrook regress" and you've not even looked at anything other than shooting %. I'm not sure that anyone would say that Westbrook is or ever will be a top 10 scorer in the league. He's not that kind of player. You can be top 5 at your position and not be anywhere near the top PPG players in league.

He improved pretty much everything last year. Its like... factual.

I look at scoring numbers because that's Westbrook's role, the number two scorer, same as wade. If thats not it, I shutter to think what else you believe he does so good that puts him above Wade.

Kevin Martin played better in the playoffs than Wade.

Wade had a better playoff on one knee then that scrub

DY_nasty

I look at scoring numbers because that's Westbrook's role, the number two scorer, same as wade. If thats not it, I shutter to think what else you believe he does so good that puts him above Wade.

Wade and Westbrook do not have the same role. I wish they did. Hell, I wish Rose did too. But that's wanting things.

DY_nasty

Does anyone remember when reilo was funny?

I think it was back when adam could get a date

This Lakers' roster is so starved of the stretch 4 Mike D's offense desperately needs that he's trying to convince himself and the media that Wesley Johnson could work at PF, lol.

reilo

I'd be alot more impressed if he had a turnover rate and/or A:T ratio in the top 20s.

Turnovers

1. Russell Westbrook-OKC 274
2. Dwyane Wade-MIA 272

4. Russell Westbrook-OKC 268
7. Dwyane Wade-MIA 252

That's when a) Wade was actually good, b) Westbrook was a young ass guard, c) Westbrook played 3-5 more games than Wade in the season and d) with Lebron on the roster he doesn't handle the ball as much anymore.

Plus, Wade doesn't make the Top 10 anymore cause he just doesn't play enough games.

Hell, in 2005, Wade had 321 turnovers and only played 77 games. But ya know, A:T ratios.

reilo

WojYahooNBA: Kobe Bryant is traveling to Germany to have another round of platelet-rich plasma therapy on his right knee, league sources tell Y! Sports.

EDIT: Beaten

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Kobe Bryant is traveling to Germany to have another round of platelet-rich plasma therapy on his right knee, league sources tell Y! Sports.

EDIT: Beaten worse than the Lakers.

reilo

Relio just made probably the dumbest non-argument Ive ever seen.

*rolleyes*

You can't lambast one player in this argument for not taking care of the ball and then absolve the one you're slobbing over for the same shit.

*rolleyes*

You can't lambast one player in this argument for not taking care of the ball and then absolve the one you're slobbing over for the same shit.

Well first off we live in the year 2013. Secondly, I used turnover ratio, not raw turnovers. Start there.

reilo

Wade even has a three seasons under his belt of 4+ turnovers a game.

Even Monta Ellis, who played a couple of seasons at 40MPG and 41MPG didn't average over 4 turnovers a game.

DY_nasty

I really can't get past how pissed off I am with 2k right now. This franchise is worse than Madden at this point.

Top Bottom