• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

Misread that, but dumbass? Well... TOR for 2013...

Westbrook: 10.30TOR
Wade: 10.62TOR
shadowdork: staylosing

It took you long enough. Now, tell me why you feel Wades turnover rate being higher than westbricks somehow helps whatever your argument is and discredit mines.

This is the kicker.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It took you long enough. Now, tell me why you feel Wades turnover rate being higher than westbricks somehow helps whatever your argument is and discredit mines.

This is the kicker.

Because Wade plays the shootinguard position exclusively and turns it over more than even the most turnover prone pointguards? Westbrook is a grade A dumbass with managing the ball, and somehow Wade is worse. This isn't that difficult.

Plus, you're the one that trotted shit out "I'm not impressed with Westbrook's A:T and TOR". How does this help you in an argument of Wade versus Westbrook, when we are directly comparing those two?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
dude literally forgot what he was arguing lol
Pissed off enough to give Live a shot?

Fuck no. Live is and will always be fucking terrible and people who like it should just play NBA Jam instead. However, its obvious that their competition is needed to keep 2k sports honest.

NBA2k14 is without a doubt the best gameplay I've ever seen in a basketball sim. Its damn near perfect. HOWEVAH, everything else that could be wrong with this package is. Online is still fucked top to bottom. Its a crap shoot. I don't even know where to begin addressing those issues. Myplayer is riddled with inconsistencies that have been bandaided and covered up with the VC money trash that is apparently never going away. LBJ mode is nothing other than fanfiction that should never be more than DLC for a real game. Association mode has issues from SIX YEARS AGO. The controls operate on such a fine line with the right stick that anyone who farts will fuck up and shoot a 40ft 3 crossing halfcourt. The soundtrack is highlighted by Phil "FUCKING" Collins.

reilo

And let me point out what started this shit anyhow:

What I find crazy is how Westbrook is constantly named as a top ten(even heard top five) player when his production was identical(arguably worse) than Wade, who gets shit on and called done. Bias?

Don't ask a question you don't want the answer to.

reilo

Oh wow, In the Air Tonight is actually on the 2k14 soundtrack.

Big Krit - "Cool 2 be Southern"
Cris Cab - "Paradise (On Earth)"
Coldplay - "Lost!"
Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams), - "Get Lucky"
Drake - "Started From The Bottom"
Eminem - "Not Afraid"
Fly Union - "Long Run"
Gorillaz - "Clint Eastwood"
Imagine Dragons - "Radioactive"
Jada Kiss (feat. Ayanna Irish) - "Can't Stop Me"
Jay Z - "The Ruler's Back"
John Legend (feat. Rick Ross) - "Who Do We Think We Are"
Kanye West - "All Of The Lights"
Kendrick Lamar - "Now Or Never"
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton) - "Can't Hold Us"
Nas (feat. Puff Daddy) - "Hate Me Now"
Phil Collins - "In The Air Tonight"
Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell) - "Blurred Lines"
The Black Keys - "Elevator"
The Black Keys - "Howlin' For You"

... what

Because Wade plays the shootinguard position exclusively and turns it over more than even the most turnover prone pointguards? Westbrook is a grade A dumbass with managing the ball, and somehow Wade is worse. This isn't that difficult.

Plus, you're the one that trotted shit out "I'm not impressed with Westbrook's A:T and TOR". How does this help you in an argument of Wade versus Westbrook, when we are directly comparing those two?

The more shots you put up, the less likely your possession ends in a turnover and the better your turnover rate is. Inherently. Westbrick chucks a full 3 more shots than Wade a game, this equals 400 more shots last season, which makes his divisor 37% larger than Wades.

I can't vouch for your grasp of high school level math, but if you think Wade being within less than 5% of westbrooks rate speaks well for him over Wade then, your mom should ask for her tax dollars back. WB isn't even top twenty amongst PGs and he chucks more than all of them.

No, its not that difficult.

This says nothing of how many of those extra shots westbrook put up end up westbricks.

reilo

But turnover rate takes FGA into account...................

You're now arguing against the one statistic you cherry picked. Holy shit.

giri

The Grizzlies at 49 (they won 54 games last year and just added a starting caliber center to fix their bench) and Bucks at 28.5 (they made a bunch of lateral moves on the perimeter and are getting better up front due to age) seem way too low whereas the Nuggets at 47 seems really high for a team that can't defend and will have Wilson Chandler probably as a second option for large parts of the season, but I guess those totals make sense for perception (the Grizzlies are small market, the Nuggets won 57 games last year and lost guys who didn't really score that much, Monta Ellis is viewed as good)

Jazz at 27.5 is depressing, but I don't think we'll be that bad.
I like this.

Also, just randomly thinking outloud. I wonder if the Grizz could do a Z-bo & Ed Davis for Dirk trade if the Mavs are sucking near the trade deadline?

You are trying to discredit the one statistic you cherry picked. Fantastic. We've come full circle, and you've gone full retard.

No. Im trying to explain how despite westbrook chucking more shots than everyone except TWO PEOPLE in the league(melo/kobe), still has a mediocre turnover rate. Im using basic math which seems to be escaping you. I compared him to PGs(which is generous to him considering how much more he shoots) and somehow you bring Wade's numbers in like they dissent my conclusion.

Do I need to break the math down step by step or will you quit playing dunce?

This is why I told MVP to come here.

Yeah you can run him out of here easily enough with the whole gang point and laugh routine. You seem to struggle with someone smarter than you..

reilo

No, the math is fully understood. You just don't understand the fact that you cherry picked a statistic to call out Westbrook over it and when it was found that Wade's TOR is worse, you went into spin mode and tried claiming that Wade's is actually better than indicated. It's bullshit on your end through and through. You are literally trying to discredit TOR when it's used in an argument against Wade.

Either use the statistic at its face value, or don't use it at all. It just makes you look like the goddamn homer you are.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
No, the math is fully understood. You just don't understand the fact that you cherry picked a statistic to call out Westbrook over it and when it was found that Wade's TOR is worse, you went into spin mode and tried claiming that Wade's is actually better than indicated. It's bullshit on your end through and through. You are literally trying to discredit TOR when it's used in an argument against Wade.

Either use the statistic at its face value, or don't use it at all. It just makes you look like the goddamn homer you are.

smarter homer

reilo

smarter homer

He's the one that picked the statistic. Now he's got problems with the way whoever authored it calculates it when it's used to show that Wade's TOR is worse?

He's clearly not in the right frame of mind. The math is irrelevant the moment he trotted it out at face value.

If "but you are trying to discredit your own statistic" is your shotgun-clause reilo, I won't be as cruel to keep denying you it. Just do try to know what you are yapping about next time.

reilo

If "but you are trying to discredit your own statistic" is your shotgun-clause reilo, I won't be as cruel to keep denying you it. Just do try to know what you are yapping about next time.

You're the one that used the statistic in the first place, goddamn. It was your own argument that backfired in your face.

DY_nasty

I mean, all I did was ask why you thought Westbrook regressed.

I'm by far the biggest Westbrook hater on this board, but even I'll concede that he got better last year. The turnover argument doesn't work for a lot of reasons. Neither does the 2% change in FG% - which is especially crazy given he's never been one to shoot that many 3s in the past and even with a much increased volume there wasn't a drastic decrease in efficiency or FG%.

I'm not sure why you're confused right now.
Only game you got is Final Fantasy Theatrhythm.
lol

I feel bad for not giving adam the avatar he deserved too btw.

He's the one that picked the statistic. Now he's got problems with the way whoever authored it calculates it when it's used to show that Wade's TOR is worse?

He's clearly not in the right frame of mind. The math is irrelevant the moment he trotted it out at face value.
The way its calculated is exactly the reason I used it in the first place. The moment you realize that, the moment we can actually converse like we both graduated high school.

reilo

You should've played ping pong growing up. Your spin is glorious.

MVP

Banned
Yeah you can run him out of here easily enough with the whole gang point and laugh routine. You seem to struggle with someone smarter than you..

Hey asshole, no one runs me out of anywhere, and it's certainly not because they're smarter than me, and you taking more time to argue back and forth is not a sign that you're smarter than me.

I've proven time and time again that Lebron is the greatest of all-time and that MJ is overrated, and made people resort to personal attacks and comments like "OMG THIS CANT BE SERIOUS, HES TROLLING LOLZ" which means they ran out of counter-arguments and counts as a victory in my book.

You on the other hand keep getting facts thrown in your face and had to resort to bringing my name up to try to get people on your side. I don't represent Heat fans or Lebron fans, I stand alone in my wisdom, so you can stop the whole "let me get them on my side by hating on MVP" bullshit.

Hey asshole, no one runs me out of anywhere, and it's certainly not because they're smarter than me, and you taking more time to argue back and forth is not a sign that you're smarter than me.

I've proven time and time again that Lebron is the greatest of all-time and that MJ is overrated, and made people resort to personal attacks and comments like "OMG THIS CANT BE SERIOUS, HES TROLLING LOLZ" which means they ran out of counter-arguments and counts as a victory in my book.

You on the other hand keep getting facts thrown in your face and had to resort to bringing my name up to try to get people on your side. I don't represent Heat fans or Lebron fans, I stand alone in my wisdom, so you can stop the whole "let me get them on my side by hating on MVP" bullshit.

"Get them on my side" ? ??

Thats what I want them to do?

MVP

Banned
"Get them on my side" ? ??

Thats what I want them to do?

Yeah, I don't know what it's called, but when you're in a debate and then you bring up something people are universally against and you make it a point to say you're against it too even when it's irrelevant, so now disagreeing with you is like agreeing with that thing.

lol @ MJ being overrated. 6/6 finals, yeah overrated.

That's because the years he didn't have HOF surroundings, he didn't even MAKE the Finals. If MJ was ever good enough to carry even a shitty team to 66 wins and a trip to the Finals, his Finals record wouldn't be perfect.

I think comparing over playoff performances from the beginning and seeing who had made it farther or accomplished more at the same age would be a more fit comparison.

Yeah, I don't know what it's called, but when you're in a debate and then you bring up something people are universally against and you make it a point to say you're against it too even when it's irrelevant, so now disagreeing with you is like agreeing with that thing.

That's because the years he didn't have HOF surroundings, he didn't even MAKE the Finals. If MJ was ever good enough to carry even a shitty team to 66 wins and a trip to the Finals, his Finals record wouldn't be perfect.

I think comparing over playoff performances from the beginning and seeing who had made it farther or accomplished more at the same age would be a more fit comparison.
What HOF surroundings?

Only game you got is Final Fantasy Theatrhythm.

I don't have a 3DS and Asian on Asian crime ain't cool, brah.

I mean, all I did was ask why you thought Westbrook regressed.

I'm by far the biggest Westbrook hater on this board, but even I'll concede that he got better last year. The turnover argument doesn't work for a lot of reasons. Neither does the 2% change in FG% - which is especially crazy given he's never been one to shoot that many 3s in the past and even with a much increased volume there wasn't a drastic decrease in efficiency or FG%.

I'm not sure why you're confused right now.

lol

I feel bad for not giving adam the avatar he deserved too btw.

You cut me deep.

Emwitus

amazing.

DY_nasty

Adam, I still have your number in case my back implodes.

You are the best thing to happen to this thread in years.

Shadow, you've made such a fool out of yourself in this argument. To summarize:

You: "Hey guys, why do people like YNB but crap on Wade? Teh bias!!!"

Us: "Cause YNB is improving every year and Wade is on the downward slope."

You: "Nuh uh, YNB got worse!!!"

Us: "How?"

You: "Uh, like his FG percentage and stuff...there's no area where YNB is better than Wade!"

Us: "Well OKC lost a huge scoring option and YNB had to shoot more. He was also 7th in the league in assists, and plays better D than Wade."

You: "YNB is reckless and a turnover machine."

Us: "Even as the primary ball handler on his team, he turns the ball over less than Wade."

You: "Ummmmm, that MVP sure is a clown, right guys?"

He combined at least two separate logical fallacies.

1) Red herring - bringing you, a completely unrelated topic, into the debate to distract us from how hard he was failing.

2) Bandwagon/appeal to popularity - tries to bring up a popular sentiment, namely you being a world-class troll who wishes he could wash LeBron's jockstrap, as a means of building support to his doomed cause.

giri

Why the hell would they do that?

1. Cap Space, i believe Z-bo expires next year. Though Dirk is an expiring this year. But z-bo is only on the books for 16M this year, Dirk is on the books for 22M this year.

2. Ed Davis.

3. Send Dirk out right, move him to a legit contender (that team would be really great if healthy).

4. I'm sure they'll want other picks and stuff, but that was the general scope of it.

5. Cause it would be awesome. Also a very similar team (roughly) to the Mavs that won it.

I mean, there's no really great reason, but unless the mavs are contenders this year, I don't think dirk seriously thinks about re-signing next year, so They're going to probably have to make a move soon.

Pimpwerx

*reads the last page*

Yeah. The actual games can't start soon enough.

Speaking of which, I took a trip over to the RGM Bulls forum and saw a thread asking if the Bulls could have the #1 offense this year. There aren't enough hands on Vishnu to show how bad I wanted to facepalm. PEACE.

Top Bottom