• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

I don't know if it's because of GTA's shitty framerate but 2K14 seems smoother than last year.

The new control scheme kinda annoys me. There are good ideas and terrible ones. I hate that you can't lock into triple threat mode with your legs apart.

yea I don't understand how this hasn't been a thing yet

I don't know if it's because of GTA's shitty framerate but 2K14 seems smoother than last year.

The new control scheme kinda annoys me. There are good ideas and terrible ones. I hate that you can't lock into triple threat mode with your legs apart.

i still dont understand why these dumbfucks decide to alter the control scheme every fucking year.

Cloudy

Banned
Cable league pass channel or bust. Their broadband offerings have been a nightmare for me the last two years.

I've ended up watching most games on my tablet/phone the last few years cos the xbox app is so laggy. (I refuse to pay for the sports package on top of LP). It's great IMO

Are they simulcast?

No but I'll take replays for games I miss

how about they fix association/my player

pls 2k, how the fuck did I get 'bad block attempt' and 'left man open'? My players hand was still in his face his entire shooting motion.

Also I don't need music videos before every game.

Is there a way to automatically sim through portions of myplayer that you're not actually playing?

Last I checked, Comcrap only had 1 HD channel for League Pass. So maybe 1 or 2 games a night, if you're lucky. I'm sticking with the broadband package so that I can stream to the Roku for a big screen experience or a Nexus 7 on the go. And they finally caught up with the MLB with ability to choose your feed..

No one's screaming championship, with as much change as they've had in the starting lineup 500 would be respectable for the first year

They're such a weird team. It's going to be interesting to see if having so many (really inefficient) shot creators on the team will allow Smith, Jennings, Stuckey, and Monroe to just take good shots or if those guys will just end up alternating who takes bad shots. And they're got the corpse of Billups demanding shots as well...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Boozer looked to slim down a bit over the offseason, and it shows

tumblr_mtwghp6m101r2br17o1_500.jpg

thekad

Banned
Is 2k really that bad? I was thinking of picking it up again now that the Rockets have a cheesing big man to use again.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Is 2k really that bad? I was thinking of picking it up again now that the Rockets have a cheesing big man to use again.
It's not 'bad'.

It's actually probably the best gameplay has ever been. It's everything around it that's either not improved, a mess, missing for no reason, or redone for no reason that make it irritating. The controls changing in such a pointless way symbolizes everything.

on the contrary, the core gameplay is fantastic. a big upgrade from last year. it's fun as hell with less frustrations this time around.
but 2k has had server net code issues for the past 12-13yrs, who's to say they've resolved that. just that it feels like the other modes feels like an afterthought.
and to be fair the online games i did play on pc yesterday, it has been flawless.
so perhaps its better this year?
who knows, we'll find out on the console end soon enough.

and like i said yesterday, the core gameplay right now is probably the best 2k has developed so far.

I don't know why people pay full retail for sports games, but people keep forking their money over. When games like GTA5 and 2k14 are the same price, something is wrong.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dirk being 82 is just wow

Still can't get past it. Amare is higher. KEMBA is higher.

Dirk being 82 is just wow

Still can't get past it. Amare is higher. KEMBA is higher.

82 for dirk seems reasonable to me. Especially if those 2k guys do ratings by what they saw last season. Weird that amare is rated higher. Dude played like a couple of games this year.

Ratings don't mean jack in 2k. Dirk is better than a lot of guys ahead of him. the things that really raise the ratings in 2k are useless stats like offensive and defensive awareness.

Top Bottom